Poll

Which big do you think will dominate more in 5 years?

Andrew Bynum
5 (17.9%)
Dwight Howard
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?  (Read 7750 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2007, 10:52:05 PM »
.. as for Howard, no he will be nowhere near Shaq, noone ever will

That's right, Shaq was the most dominant of any player in their time, even more than Wilt, yeah I said it, let's hear the hating NIK

Of course he was, when he was in his prime he had no one even close to him.  Shaq never had a guy who challenged him.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2007, 12:02:41 AM »

That's right, Shaq was the most dominant of any player in their time, even more than Wilt, yeah I said it, let's hear the hating NIK

Of course he was, when he was in his prime he had no one even close to him.  Shaq never had a guy who challenged him.

Ask him about Hakeem.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2007, 08:50:58 AM »

Ask him about Hakeem.

I'm talking about Shaq's prime.   Look back at the great centers, Wilt and Russell, Dream and Ewing and Robinson and Mutombo.  Shaq battled against the likes of Greg Ostertag and Dale Davis.

Shaq couldn't hold Dream's jockstrap in his prime.  Dude was on another level on both ends of the floor.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2007, 10:38:28 AM »
I haven't read through the thread but I think Howard will be better. Howard is already a force to be reckoned with and Bynum, although he has improved significantly, still has a long way to go. Howard is already the 2nd best center in the NBA and he is still raw. Once he learns some low post moves, he will be unstoppable. He is already a defensive and rebounding machine and freakishly athletic. The sky is the limit for Howard, he has the potential to be a legend.

With Bynum, he will definitely grow into being a very effective big man no doubt. He has good touch around the basket and he has that length. He still needs to work on utilizing his size better on both ends of the court but he is only 19. I could see Bynum averaging 17/11/3 in a year or 2, maybe 20 if he really works hard. Howard is already there and he will only get better. Dude is a monster.

Bynum's upside: all-star
Howard's upside: legend

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2007, 01:23:25 PM »
I haven't read through the thread but I think Howard will be better. Howard is already a force to be reckoned with and Bynum, although he has improved significantly, still has a long way to go. Howard is already the 2nd best center in the NBA and he is still raw. Once he learns some low post moves, he will be unstoppable. He is already a defensive and rebounding machine and freakishly athletic. The sky is the limit for Howard, he has the potential to be a legend.

With Bynum, he will definitely grow into being a very effective big man no doubt. He has good touch around the basket and he has that length. He still needs to work on utilizing his size better on both ends of the court but he is only 19. I could see Bynum averaging 17/11/3 in a year or 2, maybe 20 if he really works hard. Howard is already there and he will only get better. Dude is a monster.

In my honest opinion, you're wrong AGAIN, man. LOL. Remember when you thought his upside was a Theo Ratliff type player? Theo Ratliff woulda' murdered his family to have the same ability Bynum does at 19...Bynum has future all-star appearances on lock, that's not his upside... it's clear to many that his upside is to dominate the whole league for years to come as the only true center...Whether or not he ever reaches that potential is still a mystery, but he's on the right track and he'd be considered a failure under Kareem if he didn't...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2007, 01:25:27 PM »

Ask him about Hakeem.

I'm talking about Shaq's prime.   Look back at the great centers, Wilt and Russell, Dream and Ewing and Robinson and Mutombo.  Shaq battled against the likes of Greg Ostertag and Dale Davis.

Shaq couldn't hold Dream's jockstrap in his prime.  Dude was on another level on both ends of the floor.

All you're really saying is that Shaq didn't have much competition because most of the centers in his prime flat out sucked...I agree.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »

In my honest opinion, you're wrong AGAIN, man. LOL. Remember when you thought his upside was a Theo Ratliff type player? Theo Ratliff woulda' murdered his family to have the same ability Bynum does at 19...Bynum has future all-star appearances on lock, that's not his upside... it's clear to many that his upside is to dominate the whole league for years to come as the only true center...Whether or not he ever reaches that potential is still a mystery, but he's on the right track and he'd be considered a failure under Kareem if he didn't...PeACe

I was wrong about the Theo Ratliff comparison but saying Bynum will be better than Howard is a stretch IMO. Howard already is dominating and he will only get better. I think you're underestimating him. If I could choose any young player to build a team around, I'd take him over even Lebron or Carmelo.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »

I was wrong about the Theo Ratliff comparison but saying Bynum will be better than Howard is a stretch IMO. Howard already is dominating and he will only get better. I think you're underestimating him. If I could choose any young player to build a team around, I'd take him over even Lebron or Carmelo.

You just don't see the potential in Bynum that the Laker organization and I do...Dude can be like a Kareerm, you know? A long skill-set center with true dominating post moves...Dwight is the type of player to get his points from dunks off rebounds and passes, he uses his physical strength to his advantage (a lot like an Amare), not really his skills... sure he's gunna be great and hopefully even a rival of Bynum's for years to come, but I honestly see Bynum having a much better chance of dominating as the last true center in the NBA...I see Dwight the same way I see Okafor...In Bynum, I see the patience to be the greatest, which alone shows his maturity and understanding/willingness of what he needs to accomplish...Think of his development stages in a comparison to Kobe's, while Dwight's development stages are comparable to LeBron's...Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am, and I know you'll remember NIK when/if Bynum becomes that last dominating center in the league...PeACe

Chad

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2007, 02:14:42 PM »
Dwight Howard by far...dude is just vicious!
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2007, 02:22:39 PM »

You just don't see the potential in Bynum that the Laker organization and I do...Dude can be like a Kareerm, you know? A long skill-set center with true dominating post moves...Dwight is the type of player to get his points from dunks off rebounds and passes, he uses his physical strength to his advantage (a lot like an Amare), not really his skills... sure he's gunna be great and hopefully even a rival of Bynum's for years to come, but I honestly see Bynum having a much better chance of dominating as the last true center in the NBA...I see Dwight the same way I see Okafor...In Bynum, I see the patience to be the greatest, which alone shows his maturity and understanding/willingness of what he needs to accomplish...Think of his development stages in a comparison to Kobe's, while Dwight's development stages are comparable to LeBron's...Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think I am, and I know you'll remember NIK when/if Bynum becomes that last dominating center in the league...PeACe

I see the potential in Bynum, but Howard, dude is just ridiculous. His potential is literally unlimited, you are really underrating him IMO.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »

Ask him about Hakeem.

Sure.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2007, 03:23:22 PM »

I see the potential in Bynum, but Howard, dude is just ridiculous. His potential is literally unlimited, you are really underrating him IMO.

I think you're missing what I'm saying...I currently consider Dwight a top 5 big in the league, I'm not underrating him AT ALL. I KNOW he has great potential to dominate, but the point is that he's not the type of player that you can feed in the post and let go to work, like I said, dude gets most his points off of strength, not skill...and nothing he has done has shown me that he will ever be that type of player...Bynum has shown it, which is why I believe the sky is even more so the limit for Bynum than it is for Dwight...They'll both be some of the greatest bigs we've ever seen once they retire IMO, so stop saying I'm underrating him. In fact, you're underrating Bynum (again) by claiming his potential is only to be an all-star when that's considered more of a lock than a potential occurrence...PeACe

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »

Ask him about Hakeem.

All you're really saying is that Shaq didn't have much competition because most of the centers in his prime flat out sucked...I agree.

Yeah right i'll name some future hall of famers he played against: Patrick Ewing, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Charles Barkeley, Dikimbe Motumbo, Hakeem Olajuwon, and he still put up monster numbers, Wilt didn't play against anyone in his prime, that's how he racked up the stats

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »

Ask him about Hakeem.

Yeah right i'll name some future hall of famers he played against: Patrick Ewing, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Charles Barkeley, Dikimbe Motumbo, Hakeem Olajuwon, and he still put up monster numbers, Wilt didn't play against anyone in his prime, that's how he racked up the stats

He's talking about Shaq in his prime...Think about the centers Shaq faced in the finals and playoffs during the 3peat era...Only the Spurs had great big men, but Tim Duncan was a power forward and David Robinson was way out of his prime.

PLANT

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »
Greg Odon right now>>>Andrew Bynum

Greg Odon's upside>>>Andrew Bynum

hows that for ya

besides, Isnt Howard only 1 year older than Bynum right now anyways?  Its not like Howard is a vet and Bynum is on the come up or something.  They are both pretty much the same age, and Howard is miles ahead of AB.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:58:17 PM by PLANT »