Poll

Which big do you think will dominate more in 5 years?

Andrew Bynum
5 (17.9%)
Dwight Howard
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?  (Read 7765 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2007, 10:52:44 AM »
Greg Odon will get picked #1 overall next year and prolly put up better numbers as a rookie than Bynum will in his 3rd season.

Once again.. y'all ain't considering the fact that Odon will probably end up in a shitty team like the Hawks or the 76ers or a wack team like those two. It's easier there to put big numbers, when the whole city/team is on your dick, the team is built around you and you're the best guy on the team. If he'll finish in a team like the Spurs, the Lakers, the Suns, etc.. i doubt he'll have the same numbers, man. You have to judge players after 10 years in the game, not 2 or 3 in a lottery team. Shit even Bargnani (i know him: he's good but he's no superstar!), or Parker, or Calderòn, or Garbajosa can do good things on a shitty team like the Raptors. Put Bynum there playing 35 mins and he'll be the best 19 years old in the League and one of the best Centers of the whole NBA. Odon will do great BOTH because he's skilled, and because he'll probably end up in a team re-building around him.
Yo stop acting like Bynum is playing behind some good players.  He should be starting and playing mad minutes on the Lakers.  Instead hes playing behind Cook and Turiaf LMAO  Greg Odon would OWN those guys.  Odon would start on the Lakers over Bynum right now.

Bynum is playing BEHIND Cook and Turiaf?...Shows how much basketball you watch. ::)
Bynum is playing 19 mins a game.  2 mins more than Cook.  My bad, hes definatly wayyyyyyyyy better than I thought ::)

Cook is a power forward, buddy...Bynum has been starting at center ALONGSIDE Cook ever since Kwame went out. In those games, he's averaged about 12 points and 10 rebounds with 3 blocks on 67% shooting and 75% free throws...LOL@dissing that!
When was I dissing Bynum?>  I never dissed him, just stated that I think Howard, Odon and maybe even Bargnani are better.  Id rather have Bargnani on the Raps right now than Bynum.  Like I said, maybe cuz Im a Raps fan, and you will say youd rather have Bynum cuz your a Lakers fan.   But its debatable.

Alright, Oden and Howard were understandable, but it became a diss once you mentioned Bargnani. Raptors would KILL for a Bynum-Bargnani trade right about now...LOL.

PLANT

« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2007, 11:02:06 AM »
Greg Odon will get picked #1 overall next year and prolly put up better numbers as a rookie than Bynum will in his 3rd season.

Once again.. y'all ain't considering the fact that Odon will probably end up in a shitty team like the Hawks or the 76ers or a wack team like those two. It's easier there to put big numbers, when the whole city/team is on your dick, the team is built around you and you're the best guy on the team. If he'll finish in a team like the Spurs, the Lakers, the Suns, etc.. i doubt he'll have the same numbers, man. You have to judge players after 10 years in the game, not 2 or 3 in a lottery team. Shit even Bargnani (i know him: he's good but he's no superstar!), or Parker, or Calderòn, or Garbajosa can do good things on a shitty team like the Raptors. Put Bynum there playing 35 mins and he'll be the best 19 years old in the League and one of the best Centers of the whole NBA. Odon will do great BOTH because he's skilled, and because he'll probably end up in a team re-building around him.
Yo stop acting like Bynum is playing behind some good players.  He should be starting and playing mad minutes on the Lakers.  Instead hes playing behind Cook and Turiaf LMAO  Greg Odon would OWN those guys.  Odon would start on the Lakers over Bynum right now.

Bynum is playing BEHIND Cook and Turiaf?...Shows how much basketball you watch. ::)
Bynum is playing 19 mins a game.  2 mins more than Cook.  My bad, hes definatly wayyyyyyyyy better than I thought ::)

Cook is a power forward, buddy...Bynum has been starting at center ALONGSIDE Cook ever since Kwame went out. In those games, he's averaged about 12 points and 10 rebounds with 3 blocks on 67% shooting and 75% free throws...LOL@dissing that!
When was I dissing Bynum?>  I never dissed him, just stated that I think Howard, Odon and maybe even Bargnani are better.  Id rather have Bargnani on the Raps right now than Bynum.  Like I said, maybe cuz Im a Raps fan, and you will say youd rather have Bynum cuz your a Lakers fan.   But its debatable.

Alright, Oden and Howard were understandable, but it became a diss once you mentioned Bargnani. Raptors would KILL for a Bynum-Bargnani trade right about now...LOL.
Fuck that, Bargnani scores more points per game in his rookie season that Bynum does right now.  He ranked the #1 rookie in the NBA right now.  Bargnani's potential surpasses Bynums potential easily.  Bynum is one dimensional, he will be a center, and thats it.  Andrea is the same size and can shoot the lights out and play 3 positions on the court. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #137 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »

Fuck that, Bargnani scores more points per game in his rookie season that Bynum does right now.  He ranked the #1 rookie in the NBA right now.  Bargnani's potential surpasses Bynums potential easily.  Bynum is one dimensional, he will be a center, and thats it Andrea is the same size and can shoot the lights out and play 3 positions on the court. 

LMFAO!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE HIGHLIGHTED PARTS! AHAHAHA....Bargnani is being pushed to the extreme on a shitty lottery team and is still not living up to expectations, still playing worse than Bynum, shooting 40% from the field and collecting 3 rebounds with SHITTY defense...How dare you call Bynum one dimensional? 2 blocks a game in less than 20 mins is one dimensional? LOL! "A center and that's it"? What in the world is that supposed to mean? Kareem was a center and "that's it", Wilt was a center and "that's it", Russell was a center and "that's it", Hakeem, David Robinson, Ewing, SHAQ!...What the HELL are you saying man? Bynum is the last true center in the league, that's one of his greatest qualities...I seriously can't stop laughing at this terrible comparison and you making it seem like being a tweener is a good thing...LOLLLLLL!

And it's his rookie season, but he's still much older and has way more experience since he already played in the Euroleagues...Before Bynum came to the Lakers, he played less than 30 organized high school games and that's it! LMAO...Please stop, PLANT...PLEASE.

PLANT

« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2007, 11:21:31 AM »
How is Bynum the last true center in the league when Odom is coming next year and hes already better than Bynum?  You acting like Bynum is the coming of Jesus or something man, hes averaging 8 points and 5 boards a game NIK, in his second season!  Shit man.  Now go watch those Bargnani highlights I posted and take a look at some REAL STAR POTENTIAL!  The Raps arent a shitty lottery team anymore, they are first in the division right now and will be a playoff team this year like I told all of yall before the season started.

BTW, I got tickets for xmas for the Raps/Lakers game on the 9th.  Should be a good one ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:23:32 AM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2007, 11:31:07 AM »
How is Bynum the last true center in the league when Odom is coming next year and hes already better than Bynum?  You acting like Bynum is the coming of Jesus or something man, hes averaging 8 points and 5 boards a game NIK, in his second season!  Shit man.  Now go watch those Bargnani highlights I posted and take a look at some REAL STAR POTENTIAL!  The Raps arent a shitty lottery team anymore, they are first in the division right now and will be a playoff team this year like I told all of yall before the season started.

BTW, I got tickets for xmas for the Raps/Lakers game on the 9th.  Should be a good one ;)

LOL@first in their division...They're 18-21! What does that tell you about your division? LOL. And stop calling him Odom/Odon, it's Oden, I already highlighted that twice for you in this thread...Greg Oden isn't a throwback center like Bynum is, not as much of a back to the basket guy and he plays power forward too, like Dwight...I supppose there will be a huge rivalry between Dwight/Bynum/Oden and maybe even Okafor in a few years, but out of all those players, Bynum is the one true center...It's all a matter of opinion, but a fact is that Bargnani and Bynum are not comparable, a.)because of their game and style of play and b.)because Bynum is a project on a contending team while Bargnani is an experienced/older player on a lottery team...Come on, PLANT, you say I have Laker bias and then you go and say some shit like that...:nawty:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:39:51 AM by Now_I_Know »

PLANT

« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2007, 11:32:53 AM »

LOL@first in their division...They're 18-21! What does that tell you about your division? LOL. And stop calling him Odom/Odon, it's Oden, I already highlighted that twice for you in this thread...Greg Oden isn't a throwback center like Bynum is, not much of a back to the basket guy and he plays power forward too, like Dwight...I supppose there will be a huge rivalry between Dwight/Bynum/Oden and maybe even Okafor in a few years, but out of all those players, Bynum is the one true center...It's all a matter of opinion, but a fact is that Bargnani and Bynum are not comparable, a.)because of their game and style of play and b.)because Bynum is a project on a contending team while Bargnani is an experienced/older player on a lottery team...Come on, PLANT, you say I have Laker bias and then you go and say some shit like that...:nawty:
Bargnani is only 19 homie, younger than Bynum.  You can say what you want about Bynum, and I agree he has the potential to be a good player but you still cant dismiss Bargnani and his potential either.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »

LOL@first in their division...They're 18-21! What does that tell you about your division? LOL. And stop calling him Odom/Odon, it's Oden, I already highlighted that twice for you in this thread...Greg Oden isn't a throwback center like Bynum is, not much of a back to the basket guy and he plays power forward too, like Dwight...I supppose there will be a huge rivalry between Dwight/Bynum/Oden and maybe even Okafor in a few years, but out of all those players, Bynum is the one true center...It's all a matter of opinion, but a fact is that Bargnani and Bynum are not comparable, a.)because of their game and style of play and b.)because Bynum is a project on a contending team while Bargnani is an experienced/older player on a lottery team...Come on, PLANT, you say I have Laker bias and then you go and say some shit like that...:nawty:
Bargnani is only 19 homie, younger than Bynum.  You can say what you want about Bynum, and I agree he has the potential to be a good player but you still cant dismiss Bargnani and his potential either.

You don't know how old your own prospects are? Born: Oct 26, 1985

And LOL@Bynum has the potential to be "good"...He's "good" now, in fact, he's on my league leading fantasy team...Bargnani is still in the FA draft pool... :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2007, 11:40:57 AM »
And I don't think Bargnani is bad, I think he also has a future, but I just don't think it was bright to compare him to Bynum...PeAcE

PLANT

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »
whatever man, we'll see....IMO Bargnani is better than Bynum.  Go watch those videos and wish to yourself that Bynum could do those things.  And how the fuck is ODEN not a Center?  Dudes been a C all his life, hes 7'0 250.  There is no PF in his game.  Howard is a center too I dont know where you get this "Andre Bynum is the only true center" attitude thing

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »
whatever man, we'll see....IMO Bargnani is better than Bynum.  Go watch those videos and wish to yourself that Bynum could do those things.  And how the fuck is ODEN not a Center?  Dudes been a C all his life, hes 7'0 250.  There is no PF in his game.  Howard is a center too I dont know where you get this "Andre Bynum is the only true center" attitude thing

I never said Oden wasn't a center, I simply said he was a center/power forward...And all I'm saying is that I believe your opinion will be proven wrong in the next few years...

Bynum=Center Dwight=Power Forward/Center...A vet who sees Andrew being fed the ball in the post as opposed to Dwight will tell you the difference...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2007, 11:54:42 AM »
A vet who sees Andrew being fed the ball in the post as opposed to Dwight will tell you the difference...PeACe
ya youre right because the vet will see how much easier it is for Dwight to score and how many more rebounds and blocks Dwight is getting.  Seriously, Im not the only one who thinks DH is better, will be better.  The guy is tearing up the league.  Have you been watching him at all?  Its actually worse you comparing Bynum to Howard than it is me comparing Bargnani to Bynum.  At least with Bargnani and Bynum, the stats aint that lopsided.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
A vet who sees Andrew being fed the ball in the post as opposed to Dwight will tell you the difference...PeACe
ya youre right because the vet will see how much easier it is for Dwight to score and how many more rebounds and blocks Dwight is getting.  Seriously, Im not the only one who thinks DH is better, will be better.  The guy is tearing up the league.  Have you been watching him at all?  Its actually worse you comparing Bynum to Howard than it is me comparing Bargnani to Bynum.  At least with Bargnani and Bynum, the stats aint that lopsided.

The problem is that you don't understand half of what I'm saying...I know Dwight is better now, that's not what I'm saying. LOL. Read the poll question again...

PS. Anyone who has seen both players play knows that Bynum has WAY MORE post moves than Dwight...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2007, 12:26:07 PM »

I see what you're trying to say but the Hawks would be a great fit for him! Imagine Greg Oden with Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Speedy Claxton!  :o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

PLANT

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2007, 12:29:59 PM »

I see what you're trying to say but the Hawks would be a great fit for him! Imagine Greg Oden with Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Speedy Claxton!  :o
that would be a scary lineup!  Dont forget about Josh Childress too, hes playing really good right now.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »

Man i don't know what are you talking about. Dude is averaging 11.6 points, 8.7 rebs and 2.4 blocks per game as a starter in the 7 games of the month of january (27 minutes per game. Actually 10 minutes per game more than Turiaf and 2 more than Cook). Those are pretty good numbers for a 19 years old, if you ask me. Better than Howard's numbers as a 19 years old. That's what i'm saying. Get it? Greg Oden can carry Odom and Kobe's badges at the moment, like Bynum did last year. We ain't no Magic or Hawks. We have a 25-13 record without Odom, Brown and Mihm for most of our games. Another level.

and whatever you said about the raptors is bullshit....Parker, Bargnani and Garbajosa are all solid players.  Peter Vescey on NBA TV called Calderon the best backup PG in the league.  Those guys are the reason why players like Fred Jones and Morris Peterson arent getting playing time right now.  Who are you trying to kid man?

Man i know Bargani and Garbajosa personally, and i've seen Parker and Calderòn playing more than you. You didn't get the point. I said that it's easier, if you got skills, to do great things in a shitty team like the Raptors. Those 4 has skills, and they're showing it. But right now Parker will probably be our 3rd SG behind Kobe and Evans, Calderòn will probably share some minutes with Parker and Farmar, Garbajosa will start from the bench to Brown and Bynum and Bargani will play off the bench too, behind Walton and Odom. And maybe Cook. So if they went to the Lakers instead of the Raptors it would have been hella harder for them to have the great numbers they're having in the Raps this year. That's what i'm saying.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 03:21:51 PM by Antonio »