Poll

Which big do you think will dominate more in 5 years?

Andrew Bynum
5 (17.9%)
Dwight Howard
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?  (Read 7767 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »
it's too early to determine right now. dwight howard looks like he could be a big name like zo, or mutumbo in their prime but, lets see in a year or two how bynum is playing and we'll come back to this debate......right now i'd choose howard over bynum , but who's to say bynum won't develope more...

bynum definately needs to muscle up if he wants to play the way he likes to play, i look at him and yeah he's big,  but you want your center to be  scary, and right now he's not THAT scary.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2007, 03:26:24 PM »
Yo stop acting like Bynum is playing behind some good players.  He should be starting and playing mad minutes on the Lakers.  Instead hes playing behind Cook and Turiaf LMAO  Greg Odon would OWN those guys.  Odon would start on the Lakers over Bynum right now.

Man i don't know what are you talking about. Dude is averaging 11.6 points, 8.7 rebs and 2.4 blocks per game as a starter in the 7 games of the month of january (27 minutes per game. Actually 10 minutes per game more than Turiaf and 2 more than Cook). Those are pretty good numbers for a 19 years old, if you ask me. Better than Howard's numbers as a 19 years old. That's what i'm saying. Get it? Greg Odon will carry the badges on the Lakers, like Bynum did last year. We ain't no Magic or Hawks. We have a 25-13 record without Odom, Brown and Mihm for most of our games. Another level.

and whatever you said about the raptors is bullshit....Parker, Bargnani and Garbajosa are all solid players.  Peter Vescey on NBA TV called Calderon the best backup PG in the league.  Those guys are the reason why players like Fred Jones and Morris Peterson arent getting playing time right now.  Who are you trying to kid man?

Man i know Bargani and Garbajosa personally, and i've seen Parker and Calderòn playing more than you. You didn't get the point. I said that it's easier, if you got skills, to do great things in a shitty team like the Raptors. Those 4 has skills, and they're showing it. But right now Parker will probably be our 3rd SG behind Kobe and Evans, Calderòn will probably share some minutes with Parker and Farmar, Garbajosa will start from the bench to Brown and Bynum and Bargani will play off the bench too, behind Walton and Odom. And maybe Cook. So if they went to the Lakers instead of the Raptors it would have been hella harder for them to have the great numbers they're having in the Raps this year. That's what i'm saying.
I still dont agree.  How is Anthony Parker your 3rd string SG?  Hes is the reigning 2 time Euro MVP.  Lets look at it this way

Anthony Parker>>Morris Peterson>>Maurice Evans.....You could even make a case of starting Parker at SF for the Lakers if you had him.  Calderon is = Smush (if not better) and better than Farmar right now.  Garbajosa is underated, he does things on the floor that go un-noticed but hes a quiet leader, every coach would love to have him on the team.  He doesnt make mistakes.  Id say Garbajosa is on the same level as Luke Walton only with more experience.  Kobe is the only real difference maker.  You guys have one killer player (Kobe) one real good player (Odom) and the rest of the roster is average or poor.  Toronto is in the growing stages right now, but in one or two seasons they will be a top team in the east with TJ Ford, Bosh and Bargnani growing into their potential, and all these solid roll players they have.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »
Raptors got a nice international roster, it's too bad that some of those skilled international players join the NBA too late or get not recognized at all cause they dont play in US high schools and colleges... Parker had a great game against the Mavs lately, that Italian #1 pick has a bright future, very soft hands for his size, Calderon and Garbajosa got skills too
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

PLANT

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »
Raptors got a nice international roster, it's too bad that some of those skilled international players join the NBA too late or get not recognized at all cause they dont play in US high schools and colleges... Parker had a great game against the Mavs lately, that Italian #1 pick has a bright future, very soft hands for his size, Calderon and Garbajosa got skills too
7even knows whats up!  Im glad you made those comments, sometimes I feel alone on this laker infested board.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2007, 04:03:24 PM »
Plant stop acting like an asshole. This is a collection of some of my posts made in october about your boys. I know them (more than you, like i said) and i respect them.

Anthony Parker is one of them players who made the history of European Basketball like Sabonis, Danilovic, Ginobili, Jasikevicius, Stojakovic, Marcus Brown..
Those players are seen as God's, here in Europe. Cause they were so damn good that they were like the Michael Jordan's of Europe.
Parker is no doubt the best player in Europe of the last 3-4 years, a fantastic SG capable of doing everything great, with a great basketball IQ and great skills.
I fucking love him: like i said to me he's like the Michael Jordan of European Basketball.
So that's why i understand the Maccabi player talking like that about him.
I'm sure a lot of fans here in Europe consider Anthony P as one of the best SG in the world.
Obviously LeBron is on a whole different planet.
But i got nothing but love and respect for Parker, a true champion and a great player.

Anyway i really don't get it how you americans handle your business.
You have a Free Agent like Anthony Parker and you spend money and time over 17 years old who can do 1/10 of the things Parker can?
How is it possible that nobody better than the Raps (no disrespect) made a good offer to him?
Shit i'd take Paker over 3/4 of the last draft.

Wow! I've just noticed Toronto acquired Jorge Garbajosa. And he's averaging 11 ppg. Wow! Like i said he's a really really good European style center who can hit the 3's like Nowitsky. I'm impressed by Toronto: Anthony Parker, Garbajosa, Bargani.. The fact one of their most important scout is italian must be a factor. I'll support them as my second team this year.

No man, i didn't know it. I made his name just cause i knew how good he is (he showed it in the last World Cup tournament tho) and how he is the perfect european C (great outside, wonderful 3pts shooting, great zonal defence, wack one on one defence). But it's not really a big surprise, if you ask me. I mean Toronto Raptors named former Benetton Treviso (an italian team) GM Maurizio Gherardini as the club's vice president and assistant general manager of Colangelo. I know Gherardini very well, he's a wonderful talent scout who worked extremely well in Treviso. He's the one who acquired Garbajosa when he was still a good but not superstar C in Treviso (and Treviso made him a superstar) and he's the one who helped Bargnani reach the NBA #1 draft pick playing in Treviso. So for him to select two former Treviso stars like PF Bargnani and to C Garbajosa had to be a natural thing. Plus Anthony Parker, well everybody in Europe knows he's the Michael Jordan of Euroleague. That explains why Colangelo did a great job this year. And that's what i'm talking about!! The NBA needs people like Maurizio Gherardini. I criticized the selection of Bargani saying Garbajosa was more ready for the NBA. Well.. Gherardini acquired both, so nothing to say, hands down, great offseason for him.

About Halperin i must admit he's a pretty good talent, but he's not yet ready for the NBA. This year, without Parker, it will be an "in or out" season for him. He has to step us as the leader of Maccabi, so i'll just wait and see him. If you want a name of a player who will make noise in the next NBA draft it is Marco Belinelli, an italian all-around player from Bologna. I predict him to be selected in one the first 5 positions. I prefeer him to Halperin, by far (if Sasha Vujacic can be in the rotation in the Lakers... Belinelli can START!).

Remember my words.

What about Calderon, man? He's a very skilled PG imo. An "american" type of european PG, lol. Plus you guys signed Nesterovic too. I know him very well (he played in Bologna, Italy). Not a big signing, but you'll need him in your rotation cause he can spend fouls. Damn the team is looking real good. Congrats.

You just didn't understand a damn thing about the difference between playing in the Lakers with Phil as a coach and playing in the Raps, the Hawks, the 76ers, etc..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2007, 09:14:24 PM »
7even knows whats up!  Im glad you made those comments, sometimes I feel alone on this laker infested board.

What the hell? I'm the one who told you about Parker before you even knew who he was...I gave him props as well as Bargnani, and even Garbajosa is playing surprisingly good...Calderon is on a come up, but as of now he's not comparable to Smush. Play some fantasy basketball, players like Bargnani, Garbajosa, Calderon, and even Anthony Parker are all typically in the FA draft pool despite playing for the Raptors, while players like Luke, Bynum, and Smush as of late will usually be found on someone's roster, even when playing on a stacked team like the Lakers. I know fantasy basketball doesn't mean everything, but it's just an indication...Again, no diss to the Raptors, I think they have a very bright future, but it's just a joke to currently compare them to the Lakers...In fact, weren't you the one who said Raptors would be better than the Lakers before this season? :laugh:

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2007, 12:50:17 AM »
He's just jealous ;D :D

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2007, 12:54:12 AM »
right now Howard. but who knows what time will bring

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2007, 12:55:49 AM »

What the hell? I'm the one who told you about Parker before you even knew who he was...I gave him props as well as Bargnani, and even Garbajosa is playing surprisingly good...Calderon is on a come up, but as of now he's not comparable to Smush. Play some fantasy basketball, players like Bargnani, Garbajosa, Calderon, and even Anthony Parker are all typically in the FA draft pool despite playing for the Raptors, while players like Luke, Bynum, and Smush as of late will usually be found on someone's roster, even when playing on a stacked team like the Lakers. I know fantasy basketball doesn't mean everything, but it's just an indication...Again, no diss to the Raptors, I think they have a very bright future, but it's just a joke to currently compare them to the Lakers...In fact, weren't you the one who said Raptors would be better than the Lakers before this season? :laugh:

Luke was a fuckin STEAL! I took him in the last round of the draft and he paid off. But I had to drop him to make room for Pau Gasol  :-\

I never thought about pickin up Bargnani. Hmmm...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

PLANT

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2007, 04:56:14 AM »

Im in a 14 team league on Yahoo Sports and all of the Raptor players you listed are on teams, Parker is on my team.  Id rather have Garbajosa, Parker and maybe even Bargnani in my lineup than many of the Lakers.  Altho Luke Walton is having a real good fantasy year.  Im really dissapointed with Rodmanovich.  You better pick up Calderon if hes still available, he had 11 points and 9 assists last night.  Garbajosa had 16, 6 & 3.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 05:01:11 AM by PLANT »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2007, 10:18:46 AM »

Im in a 14 team league on Yahoo Sports and all of the Raptor players you listed are on teams, Parker is on my team.  Id rather have Garbajosa, Parker and maybe even Bargnani in my lineup than many of the Lakers.  Altho Luke Walton is having a real good fantasy year.  Im really dissapointed with Rodmanovich.  You better pick up Calderon if hes still available, he had 11 points and 9 assists last night.  Garbajosa had 16, 6 & 3.

I should pick up Calderon (7 points, 4 assist average) in a fantasy league? Are you fucking kidding me!? And which point guard should I drop for him, Gilbert Arenas, Jason Kidd, or Mo Williams... :laugh:

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »
3 years later and the guy probably still thinks Bynum is better
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Tha A

• 'G'
  • when it was good to be a knick
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »
3 years later and the guy probably still thinks Bynum is better

;D

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »
Bynum:  10.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game

amazing numbers hahaha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »
5 people voted Bynum  :laugh: