Poll

Which big do you think will dominate more in 5 years?

Andrew Bynum
5 (17.9%)
Dwight Howard
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?  (Read 7749 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »
Yo Nik why do you start a thread and then ask for our opinion and then bitch to everyone about how they are haters or not a true laker fan, it's fuckin bullshit next time you ask for our opinions respect it.  That's why most people on this board hate your guts, not only do you suck kobe's dick consistently 24/7 but you have no respect for people disagreeing with you and stating their own opinion which may be something negative against some Laker player.  

When did I bitch about anyones opinions? Spice picked Dwight, but I didn't say shit cuz he did it in taste...It's when "Laker fans" start talking shit about Bynum and claiming he "hasn't progressed" that their "opinion" gets questioned... ::)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »
Yo Nik why do you start a thread and then ask for our opinion and then bitch to everyone about how they are haters or not a true laker fan, it's fuckin bullshit next time you ask for our opinions respect it.  That's why most people on this board hate your guts, not only do you suck kobe's dick consistently 24/7 but you have no respect for people disagreeing with you and stating their own opinion which may be something negative against some Laker player.  

When did I bitch about anyones opinions? Spice picked Dwight, but I didn't say shit cuz he did it in taste...It's when "Laker fans" start talking shit about Bynum and claiming he "hasn't progressed" that their "opinion" gets questioned... ::)

why isn't it ok for them to question Bynum's progession?  i don't know get it, what are you now Laker Fan President or something, you decide who's a true fan.  I loved the old Bulls but hated Luc Longley, does that make me any less of a fan than the next guy?  You just can't stand that a laker fan disagrees with you.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

PLANT

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2007, 05:47:21 PM »
AMEN to everything this man just said and what Jrome has been saying.  You are one fucked up kid NIK.  You should get some help.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »

why isn't it ok for them to question Bynum's progession?  i don't know get it, what are you now Laker Fan President or something, you decide who's a true fan.  I loved the old Bulls but hated Luc Longley, does that make me any less of a fan than the next guy?  You just can't stand that a laker fan disagrees with you.

I'm not saying you have to like Andrew Bynum to be a Laker fan, that's where I question your comprehension level, I'm saying that you straight up have no idea what you're talking about if you claim Bynum hasn't progressed in his 2nd year...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »

I'm not saying you have to like Andrew Bynum to be a Laker fan, that's where I question your comprehension level, I'm saying that you straight up have no idea what you're talking about if you claim Bynum hasn't progressed in his 2nd year...PeACe
no, I really dont think you know what you are saying, NIK.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »
PLANT, did I really make you feel that bad about your manhood for bitching out of that bet? LOL@these pussies can't handle a debate. :laugh:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »
LOL. That's just an ESPN guesstimate, man. The NBA ranks its jersey sales based on NBA.com and the Official NBA Store every year!

HAHAHAHA damn dog you are straight flustered huh?  First you replied to that old thread with an attempt to prove me wrong about the jersey sales.  Then you obviously read this and modified that comment, lol.  Then you really knew you had nothing so you deleted your comment all together.  LMAO!  I saw the whole thing, it was HILARIOUS.  Then you clicked your diss button, and now your scrambling to save face.

And LMFAO at "an ESPN guesstimate".  First, the quote is from a guy who works for SportsOneSource which provides facts and info for sporting goods industry information.  He's in no way affiliated with ESPN.  Secondly, that story was picked up from the AP Wire, it wasn't even written by ESPN.  They simply reported it.

And you're absolutely right - It's the leading seller at the Official NBA Store in NY and at nbastore.com.  (I've established this in every discussion, lol).  BUT IT'S NOT THE TOP SELLING JERSEY IN THE NATION.

*drops mic and walks off stage*

Not really, don't get too excited man. LOL... I just never saw that 3rd to 5th figure cuz I only skimmed through the 2nd article. Still doesn't mean shit, NBA STILL ranks its jersey sales based on the system originally posted. The reason I said "ESPN guesstimate" is because ESPN is known as a biased network, and it figures that they'd throw in some guesstimate to play down Kobe being ranked 1st by the NBA, especially considering the fact that Neil Schwartz is a nobody and might as well not have given a guesstimate if the best he can do is 3rd through 5th...Try a little harder...PeACe

Still doesn't have the top selling jersey in the nation.  That's all I'm saying.  And again, It's not ESPN making the claim, and it's not ESPN who wrote the article.  So keep dismissing it as ESPN's secret conspiracy, you look like an idiot.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »
I don't know anybody on this board bruh.  If you get upset when people call bullshit on your posts then don't post.

No, that's not the point. I like when people disagree with me. That's a forum. I wanna argue with people, not wanting them to simply quote me. But if you wanna argue with me, do it my way. No disrespect for the other people's opinion, and write your OWN opinion so i can read it and reply to you. That's it.

As I read what you had wrote about comparing the stats I was going to comment on how thats an invalid comparison, but R-Tistic beat me to it.  There's so much shit on here posted about how everything that's not Laker related is wack so I'm just trying to provide a balance. 

Propaganda? ::)
I already explained you why you can't simply compare stats of a player who's the best in his (SHITTY) team with another one who's a backup C in a Phil Jackson team.
So i used the 48 mins per game just to say that Bynum has the potential too, to reach Howard's status in 2 years, when he'll be 21 too.
That's the only stat i can use, along with the one who compares his first season with the second, and his big development.

Oh I understand what you did.  You can manipulate statistics to say pretty much anything.  And to your credit, you did and it aided the arguement well.  I just wanted to make sure that everybody was aware of your flawed logic but R-Tistic beat me to it.   

I couldn't care less about Kobe's jersey sales. Facts are you can't compare the stats the way you're doing. And it's logical. Just think about it.

Yes, but my point isn't whether or not you care about his sales.  It's about all the bullshit that gets spouted off in this section as fact when it's either A) Opinion; or B) Incorrect.  So when I saw your stats comparison, I thought it fit that mold so I called you on it.

Naw. The fact i'm a Laker fan doesn't mean i don't appreciate other players outside the ones in purple & gold. But in this case i really appreciate Bynum so much i'm supporting him in this topic. A kid (litterally) working with Kareem trying to be "the new Kareem" is like a dream for an old school Laker fan like me. And watching this guy having a good impact on a Phil Jackson team being 19 is making me proud of him and the organization. Howard is a beast, but keep in mind he was drafted by a shitty team who had nobody better than a 19-years-old kid coming off high school when they drafted him. When you are the leader of a team from day-1, it's easier. You get confidence, you get your teammates giving you the ball, you have the coach adjusting playbooks for you, you have a GM trading players to fit your game style. It's different. I'll make you another example. Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. If you look at the stats, LeBron has had a better impact. But i disagree. I mean you can't simply compare them. Different situations, different scenario's. Kobe was a 17 years old in a world where rookies where 24 years old coming off college. And he was 17 in the Lakers, with fan favourite Eddie Jones playing SG. People didn't like 17 years old guys, just like they didn't like European players (and now we have an italian - and i'm proud of it being italian myself - being drafted with the #1 pick). Now the scenario is totally different. Now most of the rookies doesn't even go to college, or if they do 30-40% (maybe less) of them get a degree. Plus LeBron had Cleveland on his dick even before he started to play for the team. Totally different. I'm not saying LeBron ain't good... i'm saying he was put in a totally different scenario than Kobe, man. So you can't compare stats the "normal" way without considering those things. Bynum is like Kobe. A 17 years old, starting as a backup, in the best franchise of the NBA. I live it like a dream. Like another ride. This topic is about POTENTIAL. It's not "who's better now". It's "who will end up the better big?". It's no math. It's passion, and faith. I keep the faith in Bynum. Everything is working great and he CAN really develope into a superstar Center with all the tools to be dominant. Dwight? He'll probably be one of his rival. I don't hate on him. I wish him all the best. But i go with Bynum. In 2 years, when he'll be 21, he'll be a monster.

That's cool man.  It's all good to have your reasons for supporting him.  Again, I never knocked YOU for that.  All I did was illustrate that your stats should be taken with a grain of salt.  Like you said, they're different players in different situations.  You can't really do statistical comparisons.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
LOL. That's just an ESPN guesstimate, man. The NBA ranks its jersey sales based on NBA.com and the Official NBA Store every year!

HAHAHAHA damn dog you are straight flustered huh?  First you replied to that old thread with an attempt to prove me wrong about the jersey sales.  Then you obviously read this and modified that comment, lol.  Then you really knew you had nothing so you deleted your comment all together.  LMAO!  I saw the whole thing, it was HILARIOUS.  Then you clicked your diss button, and now your scrambling to save face.

And LMFAO at "an ESPN guesstimate".  First, the quote is from a guy who works for SportsOneSource which provides facts and info for sporting goods industry information.  He's in no way affiliated with ESPN.  Secondly, that story was picked up from the AP Wire, it wasn't even written by ESPN.  They simply reported it.

And you're absolutely right - It's the leading seller at the Official NBA Store in NY and at nbastore.com.  (I've established this in every discussion, lol).  BUT IT'S NOT THE TOP SELLING JERSEY IN THE NATION.

Not really, don't get too excited man. LOL... I just never saw that 3rd to 5th figure cuz I only skimmed through the 2nd article. Still doesn't mean shit, NBA STILL ranks its jersey sales based on the system originally posted. The reason I said "ESPN guesstimate" is because ESPN is known as a biased network, and it figures that they'd throw in some guesstimate to play down Kobe being ranked 1st by the NBA, especially considering the fact that Neil Schwartz is a nobody and might as well not have given a guesstimate if the best he can do is 3rd through 5th...Try a little harder...PeACe

Still doesn't have the top selling jersey in the nation.  That's all I'm saying.  And again, It's not ESPN making the claim, and it's not ESPN who wrote the article.  So keep dismissing it as ESPN's secret conspiracy, you look like an idiot.

I don't think it's a consipracy, I'm not the paranoid one thinking Laker fans are devising schemes to lie about jersey sales. I was simply pointing out that the official number is what counts and ESPN could have easily thrown those extra figures in their, since ESPN.com news services are the ones who reported it...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2007, 06:05:03 PM »

I don't think it's a consipracy, I'm not the paranoid one thinking Laker fans are devising schemes to lie about jersey sales. I was simply pointing out that the official number is what counts and ESPN could have easily thrown those extra figures in their, since ESPN.com news services are the ones who reported it...PeACe

Nobody once lied about jersey sales.  Just making sure that people didn't get it twisted that he's got the top selling jersey in the nation.  What do you mean they could have thrown those figures in there?  Are you that stupid?  The whole article is about how he has the top selling jersey in NY and nbastore.com.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »

Nobody once lied about jersey sales.  Just making sure that people didn't get it twisted that he's got the top selling jersey in the nation.  What do you mean they could have thrown those figures in there?  Are you that stupid?  The whole article is about how he has the top selling jersey in NY and nbastore.com.

All I'm sayin' is notice how the other articles didn't report that, while the article reported by ESPN news services did...I'm sure it has nothing to do with that, but I thought it was pretty funny. No need to act so defensive about every damn thing...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »
Yo Nik why do you start a thread and then ask for our opinion and then bitch to everyone about how they are haters or not a true laker fan, it's fuckin bullshit next time you ask for our opinions respect it.  That's why most people on this board hate your guts, not only do you suck kobe's dick consistently 24/7 but you have no respect for people disagreeing with you and stating their own opinion which may be something negative against some Laker player. 

thats an opinion my bitch.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2007, 06:16:23 PM »
Yo Nik why do you start a thread and then ask for our opinion and then bitch to everyone about how they are haters or not a true laker fan, it's fuckin bullshit next time you ask for our opinions respect it.  That's why most people on this board hate your guts, not only do you suck kobe's dick consistently 24/7 but you have no respect for people disagreeing with you and stating their own opinion which may be something negative against some Laker player. 

Yea, it's really an opinion...Of a dumb muthafucker who has no idea what the fuck he's saying. Even the only Laker player you like (Kobe) would pimpslap you if you said something that stupid...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

All I'm sayin' is notice how the other articles didn't report that, while the article reported by ESPN news services did...I'm sure it has nothing to do with that, but I thought it was pretty funny. No need to act so defensive about every damn thing...PeACe

No, it just gets annoying have to point out the obvious over and over.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2007, 06:22:37 PM »

Yea, it's really an opinion...Of a dumb muthafucker who has no idea what the fuck he's saying. Even the only Laker player you like (Kobe) would pimpslap you if you said something that stupid...

Lmao there you go again talkin out of your ass. I like a lot of players on the Lakers (even the ones you wouldn't believe). I just don't kiss their ass after every sub-par performance because they're in a Lakers jersey.

Gangstaboogy = fan
NIK = groupie

And a trust me, if Kobe could dump Bynum for Howard right now I bet my life he'd do it.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"