Poll

Which big do you think will dominate more in 5 years?

Andrew Bynum
5 (17.9%)
Dwight Howard
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?  (Read 7753 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard?...Who Will End Up The Better Big?
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2007, 06:24:53 PM »
LOL. That's just an ESPN guesstimate, man. The NBA ranks its jersey sales based on NBA.com and the Official NBA Store every year!

HAHAHAHA damn dog you are straight flustered huh?  First you replied to that old thread with an attempt to prove me wrong about the jersey sales.  Then you obviously read this and modified that comment, lol.  Then you really knew you had nothing so you deleted your comment all together.  LMAO!  I saw the whole thing, it was HILARIOUS.  Then you clicked your diss button, and now your scrambling to save face.

And LMFAO at "an ESPN guesstimate".  First, the quote is from a guy who works for SportsOneSource which provides facts and info for sporting goods industry information.  He's in no way affiliated with ESPN.  Secondly, that story was picked up from the AP Wire, it wasn't even written by ESPN.  They simply reported it.

And you're absolutely right - It's the leading seller at the Official NBA Store in NY and at nbastore.com.  (I've established this in every discussion, lol).  BUT IT'S NOT THE TOP SELLING JERSEY IN THE NATION.

*drops mic and walks off stage*

Not really, don't get too excited man. LOL... I just never saw that 3rd to 5th figure cuz I only skimmed through the 2nd article. Still doesn't mean shit, NBA STILL ranks its jersey sales based on the system originally posted. The reason I said "ESPN guesstimate" is because ESPN is known as a biased network, and it figures that they'd throw in some guesstimate to play down Kobe being ranked 1st by the NBA, especially considering the fact that Neil Schwartz is a nobody and might as well not have given a guesstimate if the best he can do is 3rd through 5th...Try a little harder...PeACe

Still doesn't have the top selling jersey in the nation.  That's all I'm saying.  And again, It's not ESPN making the claim, and it's not ESPN who wrote the article.  So keep dismissing it as ESPN's secret conspiracy, you look like an idiot.

I don't think it's a consipracy, I'm not the paranoid one thinking Laker fans are devising schemes to lie about jersey sales. I was simply pointing out that the official number is what counts and ESPN could have easily thrown those extra figures in their, since ESPN.com news services are the ones who reported it...PeACe

Nobody once lied about jersey sales.  Just making sure that people didn't get it twisted that he's got the top selling jersey in the nation.  What do you mean they could have thrown those figures in there?  Are you that stupid?  The whole article is about how he has the top selling jersey in NY and nbastore.com.

All I'm sayin' is notice how the other articles didn't report that, while the article reported by ESPN news services did...I'm sure it has nothing to do with that, but I thought it was pretty funny. No need to act so defensive about every damn thing...PeACe

No, it just gets annoying have to point out the obvious over and over.

The obvious would be that Kobe is officially ranked number 1 in jersey sales by official figures...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2007, 06:26:09 PM »

And a trust me, if Kobe could dump Bynum for Howard right now I bet my life he'd do it.

It'd be tight if you could really make that bet...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2007, 06:28:21 PM »
Baby G has wanted us to trade every player on the roster other than Kobe at one point or another...Please tell me how you don't find it pathetic that he still claims this team, especially after announcing that he can't wait to see the Mavs win the championship this year. :laugh:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2007, 06:30:38 PM »
LOL. That's just an ESPN guesstimate, man. The NBA ranks its jersey sales based on NBA.com and the Official NBA Store every year!

HAHAHAHA damn dog you are straight flustered huh?  First you replied to that old thread with an attempt to prove me wrong about the jersey sales.  Then you obviously read this and modified that comment, lol.  Then you really knew you had nothing so you deleted your comment all together.  LMAO!  I saw the whole thing, it was HILARIOUS.  Then you clicked your diss button, and now your scrambling to save face.

And LMFAO at "an ESPN guesstimate".  First, the quote is from a guy who works for SportsOneSource which provides facts and info for sporting goods industry information.  He's in no way affiliated with ESPN.  Secondly, that story was picked up from the AP Wire, it wasn't even written by ESPN.  They simply reported it.

And you're absolutely right - It's the leading seller at the Official NBA Store in NY and at nbastore.com.  (I've established this in every discussion, lol).  BUT IT'S NOT THE TOP SELLING JERSEY IN THE NATION.

*drops mic and walks off stage*

Not really, don't get too excited man. LOL... I just never saw that 3rd to 5th figure cuz I only skimmed through the 2nd article. Still doesn't mean shit, NBA STILL ranks its jersey sales based on the system originally posted. The reason I said "ESPN guesstimate" is because ESPN is known as a biased network, and it figures that they'd throw in some guesstimate to play down Kobe being ranked 1st by the NBA, especially considering the fact that Neil Schwartz is a nobody and might as well not have given a guesstimate if the best he can do is 3rd through 5th...Try a little harder...PeACe

Still doesn't have the top selling jersey in the nation.  That's all I'm saying.  And again, It's not ESPN making the claim, and it's not ESPN who wrote the article.  So keep dismissing it as ESPN's secret conspiracy, you look like an idiot.

I don't think it's a consipracy, I'm not the paranoid one thinking Laker fans are devising schemes to lie about jersey sales. I was simply pointing out that the official number is what counts and ESPN could have easily thrown those extra figures in their, since ESPN.com news services are the ones who reported it...PeACe

Nobody once lied about jersey sales.  Just making sure that people didn't get it twisted that he's got the top selling jersey in the nation.  What do you mean they could have thrown those figures in there?  Are you that stupid?  The whole article is about how he has the top selling jersey in NY and nbastore.com.

All I'm sayin' is notice how the other articles didn't report that, while the article reported by ESPN news services did...I'm sure it has nothing to do with that, but I thought it was pretty funny. No need to act so defensive about every damn thing...PeACe

No, it just gets annoying have to point out the obvious over and over.

The obvious would be that Kobe is officially ranked number 1 in jersey sales by official figures...PeACe

at their official store in NY and nbastore.com.  Not nationwide sales.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »

And a trust me, if Kobe could dump Bynum for Howard right now I bet my life he'd do it.

Yeah it would. Everyone knows Howard is the better player. Every report on Bynum over the summer said he was making progress but wasn't aggressive enough. The guy has potential, but that's nothing if your lazy.

:nahnah2:
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »

Yeah it would. Everyone knows Howard is the better player. Every report on Bynum over the summer said he was making progress but wasn't aggressive enough. The guy has potential, but that's nothing if your lazy.

:nahnah2:

Everyone knows Howard is the better player NOW. Bynum has more potential to dominate as a true center though, especially based on his early progression and what everyone within the Laker franchise has been saying about him...Like Antonio said, Andrew Bynum is in Kobe's situation, while Dwight Howard is in LeBron's...People who only look at stats wont see this yet, people who know the game can see shit like this before it happens...Don't get sad, it's just my opinion...PeACe

Citizen-Y

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »
Fuck potential, Howard is already showing his talents.

Harold Miner had potential too.

And fuck PER 48 stats.  There is a reason those players who benefit from a high PER aren't getting big minutes.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »
Fuck potential, Howard is already showing his talents.

Harold Miner had potential too.

And fuck PER 48 stats.  There is a reason those players who benefit from a high PER aren't getting big minutes.

The reason is that Bynum looked like Fat Albert till 2-3 years ago. Just check this photo.

He was raw, with no foot moves, just a nice hook and that fat ass. The amazing thing about this guy is that he has a wonderful basketball IQ. He LEARNS quick. If you see a video of him 3 years ago and you see one of his games now, you see a totally different player. Even phisically he's turning from Fat Albert to an NBA body. He's still so young that he can't force to much on gym, but look at the results after 1 1/2 year with the Lakers.

He's not fat, he's quicker, he's fresh. Now he's still working on his body to get some muscles and shit. Immagine him in 2 years if he continue this way. He'll have a perfect 7-0, 7-1 NBA body, and he'll be a force, inside.

Not to mention the fact he's actually LEARNING from Kareem how to PLAY basketball. He has a good ethic too, according to Kareem. Look at the percentage from FT.

First year .296 (8/27)
This year .720 (77-107)

He's improving. Like a monster. He already have a nice hook, a nice release of the ball, he has great timing blocking, he grabbed 10 rebs per game as a starter, he is no joke. He still has a lot to learn, expecially on defence, but damn man this guy in 3 years improved a way i've never seen before done by a CENTER. NEVER. You can't hate on this guy's potential. It's there. He's showing him. Imagine him in 2 years with a better body, more muscles, more offensive moves and a better defensive presence. And imagine him as a starter, playing 35 mins per game. Being 21. Damn, man. I'm impressed.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
We'll see when we cross that road.  But right now he can't average PER 48 type numbers since he is also averaging 6.4 fouls a game in the PER 48 range.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »
who cares who's better at the age of 21 its at the age of 25 u can really gauge talent and get an idea of what kind of career the player is going to have
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2007, 02:07:49 PM »
who cares who's better at the age of 21 its at the age of 25 u can really gauge talent and get an idea of what kind of career the player is going to have

^^That's why I said "in 5 years"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »
.. as for Howard, no he will be nowhere near Shaq, noone ever will

That's right, Shaq was the most dominant of any player in their time, even more than Wilt, yeah I said it, let's hear the hating NIK
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:55:32 PM by mrceo »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2007, 07:02:31 PM »
LMAO @ Shaq being more dominant than Wilt.

Wilt Chamberlain's CAREER averages...

30.1 ppg, 22.9 rpg, 4.4 apg

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2007, 07:36:25 PM »
.. as for Howard, no he will be nowhere near Shaq, noone ever will

That's right, Shaq was the most dominant of any player in their time, even more than Wilt, yeah I said it, let's hear the hating NIK

I wouldn't hate, just heavily disagree...PeACe