Author Topic: Jay-Z Then and Now...  (Read 821 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: Jay-Z Then and Now...
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »
jay-z did kill that shit.

now, hes just shit.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 01:22:52 PM »
Yeah the old Jay-Z was dope.. but the new sucks balls..
I like his flow from that time..

check out this video:

from 1990

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM9piaE6H9Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lM9piaE6H9Y</a>
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:25:49 PM by -O (no homo) »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 09:39:53 AM »
what is the above song called? that shit is cool too. who is that Jaz guy? what's his deal? does jay still fuck with him or what? i know he's on RD. eh.

this ain't jay be like crooked I and take more than half a decade to drop a record. that's kind of encouraging.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »
Same shit with Eminem, I heard If Get Locked up Tonight at my friends house the other day and was like damn Em split flames

Chief

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
Yeah the old Jay-Z was dope.. but the new sucks balls..
I like his flow from that time..

check out this video:

from 1990

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM9piaE6H9Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lM9piaE6H9Y</a>

thats dope, best of jay's earlier flow that i heard. but i think jay started to shine when he slowed his flow down.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZeSK9OOJmQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UZeSK9OOJmQ</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 11:27:43 AM »
what's that I am the one shit? what a fuck he is. beans and memph are mad average. memph comes cool on RD. so does Jay z. when he slows down, his annoying voice is just way too apparent. goddamn that shit is annoying.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 12:01:27 PM »
what's that I am the one shit? what a fuck he is. beans and memph are mad average. memph comes cool on RD. so does Jay z. when he slows down, his annoying voice is just way too apparent. goddamn that shit is annoying.

-T

Beans is dope, Bleek is average tho

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »
where is beans from and why does he say "LA style" in that song?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
^                                     
Nah Beans is from South Philly

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »

-T

Beans is dope, Bleek is average tho
yeah. beans is a rapper that dame dash found. memph is just jays childhood friend.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2007, 05:45:38 PM »
what is the above song called? that shit is cool too. who is that Jaz guy? what's his deal? does jay still fuck with him or what? i know he's on RD. eh.

this ain't jay be like crooked I and take more than half a decade to drop a record. that's kind of encouraging.

-T

Jaz is "Jaz-o The Originator".  Jaz really founded that style of rappin.  Jay-Z was his prodige'.  Jaz-o / Jay-Z...get it?  Jaz-O was also on "Jigga What, Jigga Who" on the final verse and he absolutely smashes that shit as well.  Anyway, Jay blew up after he slowed his shit way down.  He left that old style and Jaz behind.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 10:59:35 AM »
he doesn't fuck with jaz anymore or what?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 03:56:39 PM »
Jrome I respect your hip hop knowledge make no mistake about that.

But this thread is pointless in my eyes.

No-one in their right mind would argue that Jay's recent album is wack for (at least half or) the majority.

No-one in their right mind would argue that Jay's verses or chorus on SMWYG can fuck with any of his early 90's shit.

He has let himself down in a big way, he should never come back and dropped this trash.

But comparing his old early 90's flow to his current day flow seems meaningless to me.

If it was to bring his early quick-flow to the attention of people fair enough but I think most people knew he was mad dope a while ago and is horrible right now.

In all honesty tho - I think he killed it for years with his slow flow.
NO MORE WAR

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »
Jrome I respect your hip hop knowledge make no mistake about that.

But this thread is pointless in my eyes.

No-one in their right mind would argue that Jay's recent album is wack for (at least half or) the majority.

No-one in their right mind would argue that Jay's verses or chorus on SMWYG can fuck with any of his early 90's shit.

He has let himself down in a big way, he should never come back and dropped this trash.

But comparing his old early 90's flow to his current day flow seems meaningless to me.

If it was to bring his early quick-flow to the attention of people fair enough but I think most people knew he was mad dope a while ago and is horrible right now.

In all honesty tho - I think he killed it for years with his slow flow.

I see what you're saying.  I wasn't trying to bait anyone into saying that Jigga 2007>>>Jigga 1993.  What I was trying to illustrate was why I knock his new shit so much, because several people have asked me why I "hate" on Kindom Come.  To me, hating is basically disliking something with no merit.  And so I'm pleading my case of why I "hate" that album.  I think too many people believe the hype - Budweiser commercials, Pres of Def Jam, coming out of retirement, big name producers, corny gimmicky hooks, 1st week sales, etc.  All that shit distracts from the actual product, which is complete crap. 

Also, which I've said before is that I own almost every one of his albums.  The fact that he merely slowed his flow down didn't discredit him - he made some dope ass joints.  Even Black Album had a couple of really sick joints (eventhough that album was grossly overhyped and didn't deliver).  But Kingdom Come is just horrible.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 06:02:07 PM »
IMO, just about anything (HIP-HOP) Circa 93-94
kill's today's Shit-Hop.

Including JiggaMan

fo real