Author Topic: Today is Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday.  (Read 471 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: Today is Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 02:01:44 PM »
So the fact there were intelligent Jewish guys writing speeches for him doesnt make sense?

p.s (+1)
You may not be aware of it but I am among your greatest (It's like a fan club) supporters in terms of Karma, always have been. However, there r people here who don't have as much esteem as I do for intellectual posters such as yourself.  8)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:26:45 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 02:13:56 PM »
Haha supremely sarcastic huh I was pointing out they were jewish just as a factual point. I simply meant that most people have this idea that because these powerful words were said by the man that he wrote them. I don't think many people are aware that he was not the true brains behind the speeches.

P.S
Despite your sarcasm I will not lay seige to your karma....I rarely diss people lol
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 02:19:29 PM by virtuoso »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »
So the fact they were Jewish doesn't really play a great role in the astonishing revelation-"MKL's speeches were written by other people". This was just a piquant detail. Now I gotcha.

And I meant every word mate, ain' no sarcasm. ;)
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 02:30:28 PM »

No the fact that it was some jewish guys writing it is not the revelation lol  ;D and quiet truth I am aware of who his Dad was and this notion of him being an athiest could be complete bs that it was why I was at pains to stress that I was not going to conclude that he was an athiest. Nontheless it is something I would like to read more about so I can see whether these are just vicious malicious rumours designed to taint his name.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 02:39:47 PM »

You certainly do utilise the english language comprehensively my israeli friend. I think you have left more than a few people utterly bamboozled and clueless lol

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »
Even when they r anti-Zionist as a group? 

yup, because they are doing some shit in my country. They complained about the christmas tree in federal building, and a judge ordered to get it out. Another thing, they were not happy with the windows of a gym in montreal because men could see woman in shorts and t-shirt so they bought the gym and put tinted windows. I could go like this for an hour. I'm not racist though, my aunt's boyfriend is a jew and i talked with him about that and he agreed with me that it was some bullshit.

btw, do you have any proof of what you are saying? i mean, i never heard about some dudes writing that famous speech? what's your source?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:49:32 PM by P.L.O. Style »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »
I will not paste until I have found a really good link but it was a guy called Stanley Levison he is credited with "helping" to write the speeches. However this was even satirised on family guy I don't know if you recall the episode but it was the one in which Peter enlists a jewish lawyer and starts having all of these wonderful thoughts of what a jewish guy can achieve.  in one sketch Martin Luther is on stage and stanley is standing behind the curtains feeding him the lines lol... it's an hilarious episode but of course that does not provide empirical evidence. will post up as soon as I find a comprehensive article or articles. The reason why at various times martin luther has been called a communist by the way is because of levison's affiliation to the communist party although it seems he did leave the party behind.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 04:17:41 PM by virtuoso »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 04:48:55 PM »
Shouldn't be suprised becuz he gets help writing a speech. Who doesn't get help? Plus it wasn't like he was gettin' A's in his speech classes.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »
My response is this, it has been suggested in no uncertain terms that Stanley wrote the I have a dream speech, the speech that is the most well known of all the public addresses that martin luther king made. If that is true then to me suddenly martin luther king becomes merely a puppet and the words themselves become devalued. Perhaps they were meant with sincerity perhaps not,....it would create a layer of doubt. Anyways this is kind of a side issue because no one can deny the effect that these words had.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 05:29:56 PM by virtuoso »

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 05:29:13 PM »
I'm sure Martin Luther King Jr. had a big part in writing it. No?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 05:32:18 PM »

To be honest with you I don't know I know the FBI report makes mention that Stanley wrote some of Martin Luther King's speeches. Granted that could be doublespeak to devalue the man but.....I need to do more reading on the man I think  :). By the way his death was very suspicious, so convenient in the way they found the killer as they did did, or maybe I am overly suspicious!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
happy bday to MLK and r.i.p.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 05:37:32 PM »

To be honest with you I don't know I know the FBI report makes mention that Stanley wrote some of Martin Luther King's speeches. Granted that could be doublespeak to devalue the man but.....I need to do more reading on the man I think  :). By the way his death was very suspicious, so convenient in the way they found the killer as they did did, or maybe I am overly suspicious!

Nah you are on to something with that. There were definitely more people involved.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »
Glad hes dead

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE