Author Topic: James Brown Jr. Not in Papa's Will  (Read 55 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
James Brown Jr. Not in Papa's Will
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:31:28 AM »
Papa may have had a brand new bag. What he didn't have was an updated last will and testament.

Attorneys representing James Brown's estate have said that the late singer's five-year-old son was not mentioned in his will, which was read Thursday to six of Brown's other children, all of whom were provided for in some way.

The little boy in question, James Jr., is Brown's son with partner Tomi Rae Hynie, a former backup singer who became his constant companion in the later years of his life. Hynie also maintains that she was married to the Godfather of Soul, but his attorneys have contested her claim, saying she was still legally married to another man when she and Brown got hitched.

Hynie's attorney, Thornton Morris, told the Associated Press that his client knew nothing about the will, which has not yet been filed in probate court.

"She was locked out of the house so she doesn't know where the will that's being probated was found," Morris said. "She has no knowledge to when this particular will was executed."

This is just the latest bombshell for Hynie in what has been a nonstop string of probate-related bad luck since Brown passed away at the age of 73 on Christmas Day.

During a Jan. 3 appearance on Larry King Live, Hynie talked about how she had been in rehab in California when Brown died of congestive heart failure in an Atlanta hospital, but that she immediately returned to the house they shared in South Carolina—where, the self-proclaimed widow said, she saw eight padlocks barring her entrance.

"Right now, the family has put [the house] into probate and they are fighting me to get into the house," Hynie said. "They are allowing me to go in and remove my belongings. But they will not allow me to go into my home."

Brown family attorney Buddy Dallas said that the house hadn't been in Brown's name since August 2000 for tax purposes, and the property was locked up so the entertainer's legal camp could get his affairs in order.

Dallas also told E! Online that Hynie hasn't visited the property in six weeks and had made no requests to collect any personal items from the house.

Meanwhile, Brown's body still happens to be lying in a climate-controlled room at the Beech Island residence while the necessary paperwork that will allow the iconic performer to be buried onsite is filed. His family plans to turn the estate into a Graceland-style memorial, attorney Debra Opri told E! Online this week.

This report is provided by E! Online
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com