Poll

Which album will come out first : Detox? or Chinese Democracy

Detox?
13 (50%)
Chinese Democracy
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Which album will come out first : Detox? or Chinese Democracy?  (Read 473 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Which album will come out first : Detox? or Chinese Democracy?
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »
which one?....dr. dre's album which has been anticipated for 8 years now or chinese democracy which has been anticipated for 15 years now

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

Re: Which album will come out first : Detox? or Chinese Democracy?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Yeah it's Detox.  I can remember new years eve 95 they were talking about the new Guns album dropping in 96.  I don't think Axl wants to release anything because if it's not as successful as other Guns records people will say it's cuz the old band isn't with him.  Eventhough I believe that Axl is 99.9% of Guns' genius.

Good question though.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »
great question, Im goin with Detox.  and yeah Axl is a fuckin genius, dude is soooooo talented.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:55:54 PM »
apparently the album is done

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003522196

Axl: 'Chinese Democracy' Tentatively Due In March
Axl Rose

December 15, 2006, 10:00 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Axl Rose has taken to Guns N' Roses' official Web site to announce a "tentative" March 6 release date for the band's eternally delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy." In the posting, Rose also revealed he has split with longtime manager Merck Mercuriadis due to disagreements over the set up for the album release.

"To say the making of this album has been an unbearably long and incomprehensible journey would be an understatement," Rose said of "Chinese Democracy," which has been in the works for more than a decade. "Overcoming the endless and seemingly insane amount of obstacles faced by all involved, notwithstanding the emotional challenges endured by everyone -- the fans, the band, our road crew and business team -- has at many times seemed like a bad dream in which one wakes up only to find that they are still in the nightmare. Unfortunately, this time it has been played out for over a decade in real life."

Rose said he only agreed to tour with GNR this fall because he believed he and Mercuriadis "were in full agreement regarding our strategy and touring plans and, most important, that any and all things needed to release the album by Dec. 26 at the latest were in place."

"Although many things went extremely well and were very exciting, there were, in our opinion, unnecessary and avoidable complications on our tour having to do with the tour routing, scheduling and album and video plans that wreaked havoc on all involved," he continued. "This was compounded by an overall sense of a lack of respect by management for the band and crew."

Rose lashed out at management for comments suggesting "Chinese Democracy" would "just appear" in record stores on a random Tuesday before the end of the year.

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company," he said. "For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album."

In order to properly plan for the release, GNR has canceled four January shows in Sacramento, Calif., Bakersfield, Calif., Reno, Nev., and San Diego. "In the end, it's just an album, but it's one that I, the band, our record company and all involved believe and feel is a true Guns N' Roses album," Rose concluded. "Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way."

"Chinese Democracy" is the first Guns N' Roses album since the 1993 covers collection "The Spaghetti Incident." In the ensuing decade, the group has lost every original member besides Rose and burned through a reported $13 million in recording expenses.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »
^^^^I'll believe it when I scoop it off the shelf.  BTW, I think Axl has his shit fucked up here.  The management team made that statement when there was much more than 3 weeks to release it:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1542045/20060929/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true

But after many broken promises, it's possible that this time, Rose isn't fibbing. In a press release issued Friday morning (September 29) regarding the band's upcoming Chinese Democracy North American tour — which is scheduled to launch October 20 in Jacksonville, Florida — Guns N' Roses' management, Sanctuary Artist Management, cryptically hints that Axl's opus might surface before year's end.

"The only comment at this time is that there are 13 Tuesdays left between now and the end of the year," reads the release, referring to the day of the week new albums hit stores.
[/glow]

So he points the finger at the management for setting an unrealistic timeframe, but it appears that's not what was said to me.  I wouldn't get your hopes up for a March release.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 07:35:05 PM »
too be honest I dont think we will see either drop

rik

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

Yeah, I came in here to post this.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 08:02:44 PM »
Yeah it's Detox.  I can remember new years eve 95 they were talking about the new Guns album dropping in 96.  I don't think Axl wants to release anything because if it's not as successful as other Guns records people will say it's cuz the old band isn't with him.  Eventhough I believe that Axl is 99.9% of Guns' genius.

Good question though.

I think Izzy's co-writing and writing, and Slash's guitar playing are worth more than 0.1%.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 08:18:22 PM »

Good question though.

I think Izzy's co-writing and writing, and Slash's guitar playing are worth more than 0.1%.

Have you listened to Velvet Revolver?

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »
i seen axl in show 2 months ago, he's still got the energy but his voice ain't the same, but if i come with great musicians it'll be dope

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »

Good question though.

Izzy isn't part of that band. And Slash gets no time to rip solos. That may be his choice but if Izzy was in the band and Slashed riped solos it'd have been a much better album.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 09:51:51 PM »

Good question though.

Izzy isn't part of that band. And Slash gets no time to rip solos. That may be his choice but if Izzy was in the band and Slashed riped solos it'd have been a much better album.

What about Slash's Snake Pit?  Not exactly critically acclaimed.  Don't get me wrong, they're all incredible musicians but Axl is the genius behind the music.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 02:50:06 AM »
what is chinese democracy

Raphael

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 06:49:57 AM »
what is chinese democracy
read the replys