Author Topic: Your thoughts on 2006 as far as west coast music  (Read 140 times)

d-nice

Your thoughts on 2006 as far as west coast music
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:45:52 PM »
The good, the bad, the ugly, the promising, all of it. I thought 06 was a good stepping stone to better things this year. From Cube's success to The Bay doing they thing. Discuss.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Your thoughts on 2006 as far as west coast music
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »
Yeah it was pretty good. Got off to a good start, got a lil quiet, then finished strong. This was the first year since like 02 that I bought a lot of NEW West Coast albums (I-Rocc, E-40, Ice Cube, Mitchy Slick, The Game).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »
The biggest thing for me is this whole New West Old West bullshit. It's all west coast at the end of the day. I hope the new support the vets and vice versa because I think there is going to be alot of new talent dropping this year and they need as much of a push as they can get. I also want to see some other talent shine from somewhere other than Cali but still on the west.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:01:24 PM »
The biggest thing for me is this whole New West Old West bullshit. It's all west coast at the end of the day. I hope the new support the vets and vice versa because I think there is going to be alot of new talent dropping this year and they need as much of a push as they can get. I also want to see some other talent shine from somewhere other than Cali but still on the west.
There was absolutely no context in that beef what so ever. It was just a bunch of stans and wankstas blowing things out of proportion.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:57:40 AM »
great year

too short, e40, dpg, snoop , game, roscoe, kurupt n daz solos, N MORE!