Author Topic: Ya'll heard about DJ Drama & DJ Don Cannon?  (Read 54 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Ya'll heard about DJ Drama & DJ Don Cannon?
« on: January 17, 2007, 09:45:50 AM »
Mixtape DJs Drama and Don Cannon were arrested Tuesday night (January 16) when the RIAA and local authorities raided their downtown Atlanta offices to serve search warrants for the pair for music piracy.

According to Channel 5 Fox News, DJ Drama (real name: Tyrie Simmons) and Don Cannon (Donald Cannon) were two of 17 individuals detained during the raid of their Aphilliates Music Group offices, but were the only two arrested.

The Recording Industry Association Of America's (RIAA) Anti-Piracy Unit have been watching the DJs for sometime, and decided it was time to make their move.

"These guys are actively advertising online," RIAA's Matthew Kilgo told Fox News. "They've got a website that they're advertising from -- that's where you place your order and that's where you're orders are shipped out."

During the raid, authorities confiscated nearly 50,000 illegal mixtapes, all of which have been taken in as evidence and will later be destroyed. Computers, recording equipment, money, bank statements and their vehicles were also seized in the raid.

According to the Fulton County Sheriff's Department, illegal mixtapes are a big problem in the city, and they are beginning to crack down.

"Statistics say you can make up to 900% profit just on the resell of counterfeit CDs," said Fulton Co. Major E.A. Platt. "There's huge money to be made from it and there's no stigma attached to purchasing it."

DJ Drama's website, GangstaGrillz.com, has been shut down, according to authorities and is currently under investigation. At press time, the site forwarded to the DJ's Myspace page.

— Allen Starbury

Source: BallerStatus.net

Got damnnnn. They going down for racketeering......that's serious. Shitt. They goin' Federal. :P

KURUPTION-81

Re: Ya'll heard about DJ Drama & DJ Don Cannon?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
i was shocked when i saw this.

Let me get this right they are basicaly in trouble for selling mixtapes, and because they do it in vast amounts and have a business it is classed as racketeering.

It makes me wonder if the police want them for some other reason as there are many other people doing this, why are they the ones highlighted.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 11:30:51 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Ya'll heard about DJ Drama & DJ Don Cannon?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:57:40 AM »
For real.

Do they know how many people fuckin' do this?!?! ::)