Author Topic: DPG inspired thoughts on women  (Read 312 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
DPG inspired thoughts on women
« on: January 17, 2007, 12:08:54 PM »
Listening to 'pimp city' by daz and soopafly from priest's dat whoopty whoop. at the end of the song soopa's just talking shit and says something that I found noteworthy:
"did a bitch help me play this keyboard? did a bitch help me make this beat? did a bitch help me write this rhyme?" with daz answering each question "No!"

real talk, it also explains why the chicks that do rap and produce with them don't feel like they're in a misogynistic environment, cause they put in work so the dudes respect them.

also, I was thinking....How is Kurupt gonna be like "this is for all yall tellin' my bitch what you saw...can't let that slide" yet gets mad when Foxy cheats on him....hypocrisy... but I released, especially when reflecting on my own personal experience: When a man cheats on a woman it's purely a sexual thing (think xzibit's 'fuckin u right') whereas when a woman cheats, she is far more likely to be betraying you ina  holistic sense (re: emotionally, mentally and sexually betraying you). Check it: if Kurupt banged some chick while being with Foxy, it was just that: some chick in the back of a show. whereas if foxy cheats with dmx, she's rollin' around town with him, at his side, all into him, whole new situation....Not saying chicks don't do regular bangings in cheating, but I've observed a woman is more likely to not only bang someone else but leave you lonely right after whereas a dude will bang a chick and then hop right back in bed with the lady he cares about planning on staying with her like the random fuck never happened.

chicks can do that though, they just can step into a whole new situation cause there's always some dude waiting to sweep you into a new circumstance whereas a dude is often expected to be the one creating the situation, in other words, bitches just wanna roll with. bah.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

Re: DPG inspired thoughts on women
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:17:22 PM »
I follow what you saying but ladies got game too. Most women already got they next man sized up while they are getting ready to kick they current to the curb. It is easier for a women to get some than a man. But back to your post, DPG was young back then. That was the way they were. Your pimp game does not seem as believable if you getting your family man on when the mic turns off. BTW, Soopafly does have some good pimp songs. Not quite on a Too Short/Suga Free level but good shit.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:20:32 PM »
he has the pimp sound down though, it ain't about you and alot of stuff on dat whoopty whoop-lyrically eh, but that's all DPG...it's the SOUND...shit is smooth and funky.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 12:28:16 PM »
Soopafly's production is very unique. It can be bass heavy, melodic, key driven, he is always changing it up. I like Soopa/Daz produced joints that are on Dat Whoopty Woop. Soopa on the keys and Daz with that thumping bass. That was one of the reasons I liked DPGC You Know What I'm Throwin Up by Daz because Soopa did almost the whole album. He is a underrated rapper and producer.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:32:18 PM by d-nice »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »
damn, when I was into rap daz had rr and gb and raw and raw was new. damn.

now daz has so many albums. can't keep up, which ones are dope? rr and gb is dope, raw is dope...but what since?

soopa be doing alot of experimental shit like fuckin you right, loosen control and shit.

but his classic funky shit is dopest, like it ain't about you and shit. dope shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 12:47:27 PM »
damn, when I was into rap daz had rr and gb and raw and raw was new. damn.

now daz has so many albums. can't keep up, which ones are dope? rr and gb is dope, raw is dope...but what since?

soopa be doing alot of experimental shit like fuckin you right, loosen control and shit.

but his classic funky shit is dopest, like it ain't about you and shit. dope shit.

-T

This Life I Lead is good, DPGC is cool, a few too many skits from Snoop but damn it had been so long since they worked together. Dogg Pound Gangsta LP is dope to me. Gangsta Crunk was weak and SSG is his best since Raw IMO. One thing that is constant on most Daz albums will be the beats, it's how motivated Daz will be on the raps. But out of all the producers Daz works with he sounds the best with Fred Wreck and Soopafly. Mike Dean also.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »
does he have any stuff co produced with fred wreck? DPGC you know what i'm throwin' up has a bunch of snoop skits? i'm down

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 01:01:18 PM »
does he have any stuff co produced with fred wreck? DPGC you know what i'm throwin' up has a bunch of snoop skits? i'm down

-T

I meant to say he sounds the best over Fred Wreck production. I don't think they have any co produced stuff. Yeah every other track on DPGC has a Snoop skit. It was cool for a couple of tracks but not the whole thing. Some of them were funny as hell though.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »
yeah those snoop skits on DPGc are either hit or miss. I like them moreso for novelty though.  "Cant Stop That Gangsta Shit" is a top ten beat for me

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »
My favorite DPG thought on Women is the following

"I once knew a bitch named Mandy Mae
Used to be all in them guts like everyday
The pussy was the bomb had a nigga all sprung
I was in love like a motherfucker lickin' the pearl tongue"

Now some people claim he said Protung, but I always thought that was bullshit, chiefly because protung is not a word, had never been used as a word, and has never been used since.  I don't think the lyrics were printed in the book, so we'll never know.  Pearl Tongue is much more descriptive, too.  Anyways, I think those few lines summed up the young male existance, lol, in my experience. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 11:05:20 PM »
Soopafly's production is very unique. It can be bass heavy, melodic, key driven, he is always changing it up. I like Soopa/Daz produced joints that are on Dat Whoopty Woop. Soopa on the keys and Daz with that thumping bass. That was one of the reasons I liked DPGC You Know What I'm Throwin Up by Daz because Soopa did almost the whole album. He is a underrated rapper and producer.

I like Soopafly's beats a lot but I hated that DPGC album, way too experimental, just didn't sound right and there's like no rhythm or melodies at all

Fredwreck had the best beats on that and the one Meech Wells did was good too

XaNdEr

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »
*the lil homie actin' just like a bitch, cause he like a bitch, he's just like a bitch*

lmao 8)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 12:12:08 AM »
DPG is the shit

check DILLINGER N GOTTI the first one

lots of good bitch material

SHE JUST A BITCH B > I > T> C> H

(the the hoes in the backround spellin it B I T C H)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »
I used to have D + YG, shit is tight "you've got to treat her like a lady..."

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »

I like Soopafly's beats a lot but I hated that DPGC album, way too experimental, just didn't sound right and there's like no rhythm or melodies at all

He takes risks. Puts alot of different sounds together. Yeah he tried alot of new sounds on DPGC but I still like a majority of the songs. That Dogg Catcha was the shit and Introduction To Mayhem. I kinda wanted to hear what a whole Daz/Soopafly album would sound like.

Fredwreck had the best beats on that and the one Meech Wells did was good too