Author Topic: Young Roscoe Philaphornia  (Read 570 times)

Lunatic

Young Roscoe Philaphornia
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
wut a dope album. The production on this album is very much so on point, and roscoe is good enough lyrically for this to be off the chain. A personal classic IMO 8)

does anyone know what females do the vocals on these tracks?

Trouble
Last Night
Young Roscoe
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Young Roscoe Philaphornia
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:20:47 AM »
i still haven't heard this album  :'(

anyone got the hookup?

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »
i still haven't heard this album  :'(

anyone got the hookup?

I skipped on buying it when it came out, because it had like 12-13 tracks, and it was selling for $25.99. A friend let me borrow it, and it's fuckin dope. Thing is he got it burned, so he only got names of tracks/features/production credits. So i'd like to know which females do the backround vocals on the tracks I mentioned. Extremely dope record. If I can still find a copy, I'll probably cop it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:25:35 AM by Lunatic 63 »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 10:27:31 AM »
Either Latoya williams and tracy nelson. them girls been doin' bckgrnd vocals for as long as I can remember for dpg/west coast affiliates.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »
Either Latoya williams and tracy nelson. them girls been doin' bckgrnd vocals for as long as I can remember for dpg/west coast affiliates.

-T
  yea, I know them girls, they are very talented. But Latoiya Williams does get a feature credit on 1 of the tracks, so I don't know why she wouldn't on another. Traci Nelson is another story. Them 2 are the 1st 1s I thought of, But I'd like some confirmation.

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 10:30:29 AM »
Priority really dropped the ball when it came to promoting the album. It had alot of dope singles that would have blown up if it was marketed. My jam was Get Flipped with Quik on the beat.  8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 10:33:09 AM »
word, I guess I'm kinda saying if it's not one of them two it's just a name...I mean what would it really mean to see "shante wallace" and "tamika brown" or some shit in the book? But I feel you.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
Priority really dropped the ball when it came to promoting the album. It had alot of dope singles that would have blown up if it was marketed. My jam was Get Flipped with Quik on the beat.  8)

I just finished listening to the entire thing, and I'm currently starting on I Luv Cail. I heard pretty average reviews for this 1, so I don't expect anything close to Philaphornia. I member seeing a video for "get ready" with kokane, but that was promoted as a single for the friday after next sdtk, not the roscoe album. I also member seeing a video for head to toe. Head to Toe, Get Ready, Get Flipped, Last Night, What I Look Like, & I Call Shotz (Pt. II) are all 5/5's for me. His lyrics on I Call Shotz Pt.II are out of this world :o

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 10:36:38 AM »
word, I guess I'm kinda saying if it's not one of them two it's just a name...I mean what would it really mean to see "shante wallace" and "tamika brown" or some shit in the book? But I feel you.

-T

I just wanted to know, cause I found the female vocals on all 3 tracks were done real well, and really helped make the tracks wut they were (dope).

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 10:39:08 AM »
i liked philaphornia but i actually prefer i luv cali.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »
Priority really dropped the ball when it came to promoting the album. It had alot of dope singles that would have blown up if it was marketed. My jam was Get Flipped with Quik on the beat.  8)

I just finished listening to the entire thing, and I'm currently starting on I Luv Cail. I heard pretty average reviews for this 1, so I don't expect anything close to Philaphornia. I member seeing a video for "get ready" with kokane, but that was promoted as a single for the friday after next sdtk, not the roscoe album. I also member seeing a video for head to toe. Head to Toe, Get Ready, Get Flipped, Last Night, What I Look Like, & I Call Shotz (Pt. II) are all 5/5's for me. His lyrics on I Call Shotz Pt.II are out of this world :o

Yeah he killed that song. I Luv Cali is good, same thing as the first one, not alot of promotion, it just came out last year. Good album to bump in the car also.

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 10:45:54 AM »

Yeah he killed that song. I Luv Cali is good, same thing as the first one, not alot of promotion, it just came out last year. Good album to bump in the car also.

I member when I Luv Cali came out, I didn't check it, cause I had yet to check out his 1st 1, and wanted to wait so I can do them in order. I'd say this 1 had even less promotion, cause at least the last 1 was done through a major label, when this 1 wasn't. But at the same time, while releasing an album like I Luv Cali, it's like no matter the #s, it's considered a success.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »
is kurupt on i call shots pt.2?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »

-T

nope, I don't think so, lol. I say I don't think so, cause sometimes these 2 sound exactly alike. d-nice, I know there ain't no feature credits for this album, but is roscoe really the only rapper on the entire album? cus that shit is rare, + I just listened to "get high like an eagle" and it sounds like some1 else got a verse on there.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:51:26 AM by Lunatic 63 »

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 11:12:18 AM »

-T

nope, I don't think so, lol. I say I don't think so, cause sometimes these 2 sound exactly alike. d-nice, I know there ain't no feature credits for this album, but is roscoe really the only rapper on the entire album? cus that shit is rare, + I just listened to "get high like an eagle" and it sounds like some1 else got a verse on there.

Fly Like A Eagle ft supremo, bizzle, young tone, iceberg