Author Topic: "Cheat days" can be good for your diet  (Read 642 times)

Sikotic™

"Cheat days" can be good for your diet
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:34:27 AM »
I've been using the idea of the "cheat day" for a long time now because I just don't have the willpower to stick to a diet for very long before I need take a break. I finally just accepted cheating as a necessary means to an end: if I can't cheat now and then I'm not able to stick to a diet. And I need to diet. Simple as that.

But it seems that my weakness isn't so bad after all. I came across an article that says cheat days are to your diet what vacation time is for your job. "It's the down time that allows you to recover and return to your work with a clearer sense of purpose." So if you consider that your diet is "work," (and I think most people would agree with that!) then you need "vacation time," or the occasional ice cream binge, to stay focused and clear on your weight-loss objectives. You need the break to continue on effectively. Makes total sense to me!

The trick is to only take "cheat days" occasionally, and not all the time. Again, consider vacation time from your job. Obviously, a weekly "Doritos Days" or "Sundae Sunday" is going to wreak havoc on your waistline instead of help it!
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

Re: "Cheat days" can be good for your diet
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 12:35:25 AM »
I disagree with the last paragraph. Eating whatever once a week is fine in my opinion. As long as that one day doesn't carry on for 2, 3 or 4 days.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 02:09:06 AM »
3 months Jack in the Box FREE = Extreme will power  :o

I'm making everything I eat now.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 02:10:51 AM »
you guys are crazy, just stop being fat for once

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 02:19:54 AM »

Nah, I want to be around when they finally master cybersex.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 02:23:02 AM »
I know, its a fuckin illness what can I say. All I know is, I'm not hitting the beach with a beer gut.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 02:24:35 AM »

fair enough, fine then. chipotles, youre buying

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 02:32:49 AM »
I know, its a fuckin illness what can I say. All I know is, I'm not hitting the beach with a beer gut.

But what if you're rocking it with a speedo and a gold chain ?

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 02:34:55 AM »

fair enough, fine then. chipotles, youre buying

Sikotic you coming ?

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 02:45:04 AM »
Tomorrow is my cheat day. I'm going down to LA and hitting up Roscoe's for breakfast. I'ma get a chicken breast with 2 waffles there and extra syrup. Then I'm gonna bowl at Lucky Strike with a buncha fine dime brizzles for free. The, I'm hittig up Pinks on La Brea and Santa Monica. There, I will order a bacon chili cheese dog, swiss pastrami dog, and a large order of chili cheese fries. After that, I'll go home, order a large supreme pizza with buffalo wings. For dessert, I'll eat this lemon cake my sister baked for me plus throw in a large scoop of Cold Stones ice cream which the flavor is still undecided.

On Sunday, It's back to chicken breasts and salads. If I'm down to 168 by Wednesday, then my dieting for the week shall be a success.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:47:52 AM by Sikotic: That Kufi Smackin' Ass Negro »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:53:03 AM »
Tomorrow is my cheat day. I'm going down to LA and hitting up Roscoe's for breakfast. I'ma get a chicken breast with 2 waffles there and extra syrup. Then I'm gonna bowl at Lucky Strike with a buncha fine dime brizzles for free. The, I'm hittig up Pinks on La Brea and Santa Monica. There, I will order a bacon chili cheese dog, swiss pastrami dog, and a large order of chili cheese fries. After that, I'll go home, order a large supreme pizza with buffalo wings. For dessert, I'll eat this lemon cake my sister baked for me plus throw in a large scoop of Cold Stones ice cream which the flavor is still undecided.
On Sunday, It's back to chicken breasts and salads. If I'm down to 168 by Wednesday, then my dieting for the week shall be a success.

You're cheating for the day not the month  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 03:21:52 AM »
LOL

I disagree with the last paragraph. Eating whatever once a week is fine in my opinion. As long as that one day doesn't carry on for 2, 3 or 4 days.

yeah but having a BINGE DAY like you describe is a bit different from a cheat day!

i'm not dieting.. fuck that shit.. it aint like i'm eating loadsa junk..  but i'm working out.. and i'm having to rest as gym/skateboarding dont really mix.. take last weekend..

thurs - went out for a street skate for an hour n a half..

fri - went to a local indoor skatepark

sat -  went gym in the morning!
      original plans that were fpr sat night were cancelled .. i didn't find out about till fri night.. so this meant i was free sat night.. last minute went 100 miles to a dope skatepark jam i'd been invited to with a car load (newport)

sun - drove half hour to a ramp in a lil ghetto town.. my legs were tired from the night before.. and this was my fourth day in a row skating.. i managed a few lil thangs.. but i've learned in the past that if they're tired my legs can give way..

so basically 4 days skating PLUS going to the gym. my legs were fucked for days.. I gotta regulate this shit.. but its hard!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:28:07 AM by Seer - San »

Intriago33

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 07:44:16 AM »
Today is my "cheat day", I just ate down one of these bad boys:

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 07:57:52 AM »
Yesterday was my cheat day. They can be beneficial in a few ways. They can help you overcome a plateau sometimes. Yes it is almost impossible to keep to a strict diet. I love how all these ectomorphs come in here tha can eat 6000 calories and not gain weight. Its not the case for most people. I gain weight very easy and I'd rather be in shape then out of shape.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »
ya ive heard bout this sik, i have cheat days i guess eat goo on the weekdays then on saturday and sunday eat and drink whatever.