Author Topic: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE REUNITING FOR COACHELLA!!!!  (Read 425 times)

everlast1986

Re: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE REUNITING FOR COACHELLA!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »
I'm fucking hyped for this shit already. All 3 days look crazy.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 04:34:55 PM »
Musician Saul Williams has suggested that de la Rocha left the band because he did not want Renegades to be released, and the rest of the band wanted to put it out against his wishes. Those three members sought out separate management of their own and managed to secure the immediate release of the album. On October 18, 2000, de la Rocha released the following statement:

“ I feel that it is now necessary to leave Rage because our decision-making process has completely failed. It is no longer meeting the aspirations of all four of us collectively as a band, and from my perspective, has undermined our artistic and political ideal. I am extremely proud of our work, both as activists and musicians, as well as indebted and grateful to every person who has expressed solidarity and shared this incredible experience with us. "

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 05:01:08 PM »
This is fucking incredible news.  Is there an official statement or something?  Now I know this doesn't necessarily mean the end of Audioslave by any means, but I had found it pretty interesting that Chris Cornell was doing a solo album again, and that Tom Morello was supposedly doing a solo album as well.

If Rage is actually at least reuniting, this is some of the best music news I've heard in years.  I'm really gonna hope that they get back together and do some new music again.  I think Chris Cornell is top 3 lead singers in the last 15 years, but for some reason I really lost interest in Audioslave.

I bet it's cause the result of the soundgarden/ratm hybrid is cold in nature, peep: Cornell's music is more warm and heart-ful, whereas rage's music is more cold and brainy if that makes sense. at least that's how I feel, it's a worthwhile combo, they're good artists, but it's not as addictive as rage's shit or as soundgarden's shit. cornell has a pretty dope solo album though... didn't know he and morello were doing solos.

why did ratm part in the first place again?

-T

Yeah, those descriptions fit pretty well.  All are outstanding talents, and did make some very good songs together.  Their first album was very good for the most part.  But as time went on, it just started going in a direction that didn't interest me as much. 

Info on  Tom's solo:

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=1371

by Paul Cashmere - January 21 2007
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The international music community is in for a showcase performance from former Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello at SxSW in Austin, Texas this March.

Morello has recorded his debut solo album under the moniker The Nightwatchman and will perform songs from the album at the Austin music conference and festival.

Tom aka The Nightwatchman will release 'One Man Revolution' through Epic Records on April 24th, according to a posting at his website.

The album was produced by Brendan O'Brien and features 13 songs, with Tom playing acoustic guitar and singing lead vocals for the very first time.

Morello has been road-testing the material in residency at the Hotel Café in LA since November. The shows have become not only a place to be seen but a place to see many of Morello's friends including musical mates Serj Tankian of System of a Down, Perry Farrell of Janes Addiction, Den-Dog of Cypress Hill, Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, as well as Shooter Jennings, Jill Sobule and Nuno Bettencourt.

Morello's website says upcoming guests at his shows will include Ben Harper and Butch Walker.

The upcoming release of The Nightwatchman album has thrown the future of Audioslave into question. Lead singer Chris Cornell will release his second solo album soon, effectively putting Audioslave into hibernation.

Former Rage Against The Machine singer Zack de la Rocha has remained low-key since leaving the band in 2000. Only a few solo songs have surfaced over the last 6 years, being 'We Want It All', produced by Trent Reznor on Songs and Artists That Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11 and 'Act III Scene 2' on Saul Williams' self titled album.

He has performed on a number of occasions with Son Jarocho group Son De Madera including an appearance at the Save The Farm rally in California.

ecrazy

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 06:43:22 PM »
Fuck, $300 for the entire weekend (including camping) shit, this is going to kill me

BigG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »
so is Rage gonna make a new album??

Or are they just gonna tour??

Or are they gonna tour and see what happens and maybe theyll decide to record another album
http://www.myspace.com/sickeyesbeats

^^Check out my westcoast beats

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 08:36:41 PM »
I'll Be There On Saturday
My Future Wife:

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »
holy shit thats dope

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »
so is Rage gonna make a new album??

Or are they just gonna tour??

Or are they gonna tour and see what happens and maybe theyll decide to record another album

This is just a one-shot reunion for Coachella, that festival is known for bringing back departed bands..  But yeah you never know, they might like playing together again and start touring/recording again.  HOPEFULLY *crosses fingers*

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »
i want, fuck, need to go, but i also wana go to bonaroo and to europe, ughhh

ecrazy

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »
this shit is going to sell out , its crazy, i dont know if i should go all 3 days or just sunday....Saturday is a "eh" day for me, Friday seems tight, bjork, Faithless, dj shadow, arctic monkeys

ecrazy

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 10:28:17 AM »
GOT MY TICKET FOR SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »
Great news to hear RATM reuniting.. that'd be even greater if they stayed together.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 04:13:51 PM »

I thought they didn't go on sale till saturday???

ecrazy

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »

KROQ Pre-Sale.....Need The Password?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 05:59:23 PM »

KROQ Pre-Sale.....Need The Password?

I'd love it man...but do I need to be there in person to pick them up or will they mail them?  Props either way.