Author Topic: Parenting - When do you want to have kids, get married?  (Read 547 times)

ecrazy

Parenting - When do you want to have kids, get married?
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
Im 21, I dont want to be really old and have a kid, yet i dont want to have a kid right now neither, somewhere late 20's early 30's
Marriage, i dont know about that one neither, right now ive been in a relationship with my girl for almost 4 years, we've known each other since we were in kindergarden, and we've lived across the street from each other that entire time too. I know i want to marry her, i dont know when to pop the question, set the date, etc. i want to do it as soon as im out of school and working (im working already, but established..get me?)

Anyway, things are flying at me at a million miles an hour, what are your thoughts

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Parenting - When do you want to have kids, get married?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
^ Good shit.

I got a long way to go but I definitely definitely want a family and I can't wait to get one.

I have plans to have kids and I have plans to have a wife. Every MAN should want that. But what time? Prolly like mid late 20's.

Nice topic nigga. 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:04:54 PM »
I wouldn't even consider either until I got my career going and a stable income.

As far as marraige goes, I won't even consider it unless it's with a woman I can't live without. I honestly haven't met one like that at this point. I definitely don't wanna be one of those guys who rush into a marraige with some woman and then 5 years later they're miserable.

I really wanna have kids one day too, but I'm not gonna consider it unless I find the right woman. Only because I believe children need a stable household with both the mother and the father in the house.

So yeah, I gotta put some work in. I'm in no rush though. I'm gonna enjoy my 20's. I gotta get being a crazy young muthafucka out of my system first.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 05:14:23 PM »
^ I feel that.
children need a stable household with both the mother and the father in the house.
Definitely.

The most impotant thang to a man should be a wife, a kid and a career.

I gots a while though before any of that happens. 8)

I wanna see some MEN coming up out the hood now. Let's start some examples ya'll. Ya feel me? 8)

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
yeah thats cool, it should be done

8) 8) 8)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
No kids, marriage is a maybe but not something that is absolutely essential for me.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

The Watcher

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 05:40:31 PM »
i got married when I was 23 (im 26 now), and kids will probably come along in the next 3-4 years. i have a good job & a great stable income, but want to save a bit of $ before having kids, since they are expensive
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »
yeah they are bout 500 dollars each, 300 on sale

8) 8) 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »
yeah they are bout 500 dollars each, 300 on sale

8) 8) 8)
I'd rather buy a PS3 with that money.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chief

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 01:29:35 AM »
if i ever get married/have kids i want it to happen before i turn 30.

ecrazy

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:22:22 AM »
^^dont you think that a little too old to be having kids though as well? u dont want to be in your late 40's/50's when your kid is a teenager, at least i dont.

Elevz

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 06:07:17 AM »
Too old? Hell no. I'm 20 now and it'll take me years before I've graduated and found me a steady job. My lady is in one of those periods right now where she's absolutely fiending for a baby, but she too knows the timing isn't right. I just gotta make sure she takes her pill daily...

Chief

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 08:44:21 AM »
^^dont you think that a little too old to be having kids though as well? u dont want to be in your late 40's/50's when your kid is a teenager, at least i dont.

i dont have much choice, i wont graduate until i'm 27/28.

somewhere late 20's early 30's

and anyway, times are changing, i believe i will have a diferent mind frame to my parents when i am 40/50. back in the day a 20 year old was the equivelant of a 28 year old this day in age. they grew up alot quicker, they had no choice.

and i rather have my kids later rather than be grounded by kids in my youth.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 12:29:03 PM »
and anyway, times are changing, i believe i will have a diferent mind frame to my parents when i am 40/50. back in the day a 20 year old was the equivelant of a 28 year old this day in age. they grew up alot quicker, they had no choice.
That's true.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 12:39:35 PM »
There's no rush for me to get married and have kids before I hit 30. We're living longer than ever now.

THA SAUCE HOUSE