Author Topic: I Like DJ Quik's "Trauma" Album So Much.....  (Read 652 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I Like DJ Quik's "Trauma" Album So Much.....
« on: January 23, 2007, 02:57:31 PM »
......That I will continue to post this bulletin on my MySpace throughout the day.......

If you got a free scond today or tonight, please hit up the hotline for Jammin 95.5 @ 1-800-378-2795, and let them know you would like to hear ANY song from DJ Quik.

I was listening to his "Trauma" album by DJ Quik in the car today and enjoyed it so much, I went out and bought myself a second copy that will stay shrink wrapped until my first one  starts skipping from being listened to so much.

Since not everyone can go out and buy the album (even though they should), it'd be nice if we could get some of DJ Quik's music to come across on the radio for everyone to hear for sure.

So being a few years later, what does everyone else form as an opinion from this album today?

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: I Like DJ Quik's "Trauma" Album So Much.....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
damn you bought a sexond copy.... lol

shoulda just made yourself a burned copy and kept the one ya bought the first time chillin

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 03:09:24 PM »
Nah man, unwrapped must be heavy :D Lol.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »
damn you bought a sexond copy.... lol

shoulda just made yourself a burned copy and kept the one ya bought the first time chillin
That is the case with most albums that I bump now 'days, but if I feel it's worth my money, I will do this. Examples:

DJ Quik - Trauma

The Game - The Doctor's Advocate

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »
i got the red vynil of that shit unopened.

now thats some real G shit

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
i got the red vynil of that shit unopened.

now thats some real G shit
Good shit! I just got the vinyls for "Fandango" & another one for "Black Mercedes".

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 06:23:21 PM »
I still haven't opened Doc's Advocate, Blue Carpet Treatment, or Hip Hop is Dead...and I got a copy of The Documentary unwrapped somewhere around here.

I was actually tryin to find this CD today so I could play it.

acgrundy

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »
The only Quik album I don't own.  its ok.  haven't listened to it in a long time, and really have no desire to.  not bad, but nothing special.  Sure as hell wouldn't buy a second copy.  Nothin against Quik, I think he did a good job on the album, just wasn't enuff for me.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 11:13:10 PM »
The only Quik album I don't own.  its ok.  haven't listened to it in a long time, and really have no desire to.  not bad, but nothing special.  Sure as hell wouldn't buy a second copy.  Nothin against Quik, I think he did a good job on the album, just wasn't enuff for me.
I fully encourage you to take another listen or two bro. Only because I thought the same exact thing as you for about the first 2 months it was out. Then I really sat down and listened to all the tracks a few times through again and just about every one grew on me (probably 2 - 3 tracks I'd skip), and now I'm lovin this album!

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 11:16:23 PM »
it's a real good album for sure, I play that shit all the time

the beats are different but with that same sound and he stepped his lyrics up big time

one of the most overlooked lyricists

~Lucien~

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:01:52 AM »
one of the best records made

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 03:05:35 AM »
trauma is my second favorite quik album, next to rhythm-al-ism.

Chief

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 03:13:09 AM »
album was dope and still is, but let's face it, it wont get radio play.

black mercedes should have been first single, and i like get down alot, but quik should have flipped it different and made it a hit.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 04:49:55 AM »
Haha, this thread reminds me of when I was interning for The Source. One day I was banging "Trauma" in the back room of the offices where I was working. Fahiym (Source Editor-In-Chief) walked in and was just vibing for a while. After standing there for a few minutes he turns to me and asks, "Is this West Coast?" I told him it was the new Quik record and we sat around talking for a while about Quik's production, etc., which was dope because, as you'd expect, damn near everyone in New York is exclusively on their NY shit. So after a while listening to "Trauma," he asks if he can borrow the CD. Well, the guy is my boss at this time, so I figure, Why not?

....Needless to say, it was a good two weeks since I had returned to Scotland when I finally realized that my copy of "Trauma" is still floating around the Source offices/NY somewhere. :'( Furthermore, the album is pretty much unattainable over here - no local stores carry it, and I had to check Fat Beats in NY to FINALLY get my hands on a copy.

I'm going to have to e-mail dude and get him to post it back! ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 04:52:09 AM by DPG2K7 »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 06:48:21 AM »
album was dope and still is, but let's face it, it wont get radio play.

black mercedes should have been first single, and i like get down alot, but quik should have flipped it different and made it a hit.
They do play different DJ Quik songs here and there throughout their regular rotation up here in Portland, and they most def play him during the Throwback Mixes each day, so I wanted to make sure that if nothing else we can get a couple songs out of DJ Quik for the one hour where the Throwback Mix is on.....if we can get them to keep playing various tracks by him in the regular rotation, that would be that much better :)