Author Topic: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!  (Read 2273 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Snoop Dogg & Dubcnn: The "Blue Carpet Interview" - Part 3 !!
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »
I am not mad at what Nima or Snoop said in the interview, I never really knew Snoop and I still don't, but he is really opening up on alot of things since the dubcnn interviews. I own EVERY Snoop record. Went to the store and everything. Stood in line out here in Vegas for it to drop like I am sure other people have. But what some artists got to realize is 2 things. Constructive viewpoints and alot of fans STILL BUY RECORDS. If I am paying ANY kind of money on a album, you better believe I am going to have a opinion on it. Haters, fans, all that is part of the fame. Use it to your advantage.

cause you're a real motherfucker. and opinions are what it's about. and it's the fan like you that snoop is not thinking about when he waxes all 'how dare you' on us.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »
He's probably not used to people criticizing him... Which I think makes him come back to dubcnn all the time..

I was afraid that that specific part of the interview would become the most talked about one... Eventhough he spoke on a lot of other shit too, but hey what can you do! Just like with the Crooked I comments he made, people forgot about the whole rest of the interview and focused on that little part lol.

Word, the reeeeeeeeealness!

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MEECH WELLS

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2007, 12:42:58 PM »
GOOD INTERVIEW NIMA AND EMIMIN IS DOPE 2 ME FOR THA RECORD BLUE CARPET IS A GOOD RECORD OVER ALL!
NEW WEST HONCHO

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »
He's probably not used to people criticizing him... Which I think makes him come back to dubcnn all the time..

EXACTLY. And that is why I love this site. Snoop's true fans, including Boss Of The West, not only love his music, there are some tracks we just are not feeling. We still support him though. That is why I like the Snoop and WC interviews because you get a real feel, good or bad on where the artist is coming from. Shit all the artists on here for the most part keep it 100.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »
Sweet interview after ages on end :D thanks Nima :D!
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »
so Round Here is the next single? dope shit even though it uses the same sample it don't sound nothing like Stan, Snoop is going hard on that song,  I don't know how much radio play that song will get but that is some real Gangsta shit, and I liked the way he went at Em in the interview, saying I don't listen to no Eminem, props Snoop

d-nice

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2007, 12:48:55 PM »
I am not mad at what Nima or Snoop said in the interview, I never really knew Snoop and I still don't, but he is really opening up on alot of things since the dubcnn interviews. I own EVERY Snoop record. Went to the store and everything. Stood in line out here in Vegas for it to drop like I am sure other people have. But what some artists got to realize is 2 things. Constructive viewpoints and alot of fans STILL BUY RECORDS. If I am paying ANY kind of money on a album, you better believe I am going to have a opinion on it. Haters, fans, all that is part of the fame. Use it to your advantage.

cause you're a real motherfucker. and opinions are what it's about. and it's the fan like you that snoop is not thinking about when he waxes all 'how dare you' on us.

-T

I know that he did not mean that for real fans and I still support him until he hangs it up. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says like him not liking Daz's 1st album because he was dissing him, or the whole Crooked I comment, but like Nima said that is know he feels.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 12:56:12 PM by d-nice »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2007, 12:51:57 PM »
so Round Here is the next single? dope shit even though it uses the same sample it don't sound nothing like Stan, Snoop is going hard on that song,  I don't know how much radio play that song will get but that is some real Gangsta shit, and I liked the way he went at Em in the interview, saying I don't listen to no Eminem, props Snoop

Thing is, he would seem mad cool for going at eminem like that IF he didn't do songs with Justin timberlake and shit...it just doesn't fit. snoop lost the right to say shit like that without being challenged a few years ago...Mariah carey is acceptable but some of these clowns he's been seen with , fuck that shit.

-T

I know and I still support him until he hangs it up. Doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says like him not liking Daz's 1st album because he was dissing him, or the whole Crooked I comment, but like Nima said that is know he feels.

Oh I'm not saying you gotta agree with him, I'm saying snoop should have fans like you in mind when he receives a reasonable criticism.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2007, 12:53:44 PM »

Round Here sounds more like the Dido song that Eminem basically took the entire beat. It sounds like the intro to her song, just looped and those sick piano keys Dr added during the chorus.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »
there was no question in my mind that round here is a doper song. dre produced versus not dre produced, come on no contest. and i think alot of us feel that way and that's another reason snoop was an ass in that instance....no one was saying the song wasn't the shit, but he got all dickish as soon as Nima said anything that wasn't "that shit is dope as fuck" so instead of being like "Oh that guitar shit in the beginning? yeah kinda, huh? peep those keys dre added though, fucking gangster huh?" and Nima woulda been like "Yeah!" and it woulda been all good instead dude practically disses eminem: WHACK.

is the dido sample even credited in the booklet? I don't think it is. I don't think dre even realized it, it was just a similar chord progression/guitar changes.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2007, 01:04:18 PM »
Eminem is more wack for making a career dissing pop artists like Aguilera who actually has more talent than Em, and releasing those songs as first singles to get his 10 million sales than Snoop doing a song with Justin which was a 3rd single and really didin't blow up in the US anyway ot was more of a worldwide hit

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »
LOL at how defensive Snoop is. You can tell he's embarrassed about using the same sample as "Stan" - to say he 'didn't recognise it', the guy is full of shit on that one lol.

Great interview as always Nima.

Not to mention that Snoop was featured on TMMLP, had a good amount of publicity with Em back in the day (especially with The Up In Smoke Tour & The Wash) and both being Dre's biggest artists both featured on "2001" as well as "Restless" and "Man VS. Machine". Snoop fucked up on that 'Em shit, but overall that was a hot interview.

Props, Nima...

d-nice

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
there was no question in my mind that round here is a doper song. dre produced versus not dre produced, come on no contest. and i think alot of us feel that way and that's another reason snoop was an ass in that instance....no one was saying the song wasn't the shit, but he got all dickish as soon as Nima said anything that wasn't "that shit is dope as fuck" so instead of being like "Oh that guitar shit in the beginning? yeah kinda, huh? peep those keys dre added though, fucking gangster huh?" and Nima woulda been like "Yeah!" and it woulda been all good instead dude practically disses eminem: WHACK.

is the dido sample even credited in the booklet? I don't think it is. I don't think dre even realized it, it was just a similar chord progression/guitar changes.

-T

12. Round Here
Produced by Dr.Dre
Keyboards by Dawaun Parker
Mixed by Dr. Dre
*Contains samples from the composition "Thank You", as performed by Dido Armstrong & Paul Herman

That looped melody in the back is Dido's song. BTW I forgot Dre did not do the keys on this. Anyways here is the original. It is plain as day at the beginning of the song.

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »
good interview nima

for the record lax was weak when u consider  its 2 legends over a battlecat beat shoulda been better!

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2007, 01:33:47 PM »
it's good hearing snoop that he can help brotha lunch make ana album