Author Topic: Train of Though section is worthless  (Read 647 times)

Elevz

Re: Train of Though section is worthless
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 02:54:44 PM »
I'm sorry to bring back a topic that's been dead for a month (JML linked to this in another thread), but...

If there's just about NOBODY posting stuff about healthy living right now in the G-Spot or Train of Thought, what makes you think there's any need for a whole new sub-section about this?

Besides, I don't consider the Train of Thought a bad section at all. Some people's opinions are well worth reading, and everyone who jumps into a serious topic back there should be respected for his visions. I don't even think the board is suffering from lacking moderating, it's basically that there's not enough interesting new points (threads) being made. And if one happens to come across, it's usually somebody who found a longass news article somewhere, and thinks people will read it if they post it on a forum. Well, hello... A long article that's posted on a news site finds itself in a whole different context compared to a forum post. Basically, it's impossible to read such articles on here - so people skip it and get on with their random comments.

More moderator control would only kill the board more - people would feel like they're not free to express themselves, in a section where it's all about expressing yourself. Moderating is a risky thing, but people do need guidance as for how to set up decent discussions...

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »
If there's just about NOBODY posting stuff about healthy living right now in the G-Spot or Train of Thought, what makes you think there's any need for a whole new sub-section about this?
Thank you. +1.
All the TOT needs is some mods who will lock/delete pointless topics created just to insult someone/people, move topics to the The G Spot when necceasary, and be unbias.

Elevz

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 03:24:28 PM »
Thank you. +1.
All the TOT needs is some mods who will lock/delete pointless topics created just to insult someone/people, move topics to the The G Spot when necceasary, and be unbias.

The problem is, if you're involved, you're obviously going to have an opinion. There simply is no way to objectively judge a discussion, so who would be able to do that?

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »
i dont fuck wit that section at all

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »
^you actually laughed your ass off to that? haha! i like how youre still jewing my karma nik you must be a bitter person

LOL. The funny thing is that I stopped lowering your karma when you stopped crying about it...But you're crying some more, so let me contribute again.

And I thought it was pretty funny that you were complaining about how worthless the board you post on all the time is. What does that say about you?

i've been talking hella shit about kobe lately and my karma has remained the same i dont think Nik is doing that shit anymore. anywayz kobes a snitch. PeAcE
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Big B

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2007, 08:08:56 PM »
train of thought fell off ever since 7 locked and moved the free post.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 12:29:10 PM »
its not worthless cuz thats the filter of the board, where the boys get separated from the men

ive seen too much blood, sweat, tears and ethered careers on the paved streets of TOT to let go
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll