Author Topic: WU-TANG CLAN RE-UNITING FOR NEW ALBUM '8 DIAGRAMS'  (Read 416 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
WU-TANG CLAN RE-UNITING FOR NEW ALBUM '8 DIAGRAMS'
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
Wu-Tang Clan's reunion with Loud Records founder Steve Rifkind is official, as the group has announced a new album titled 8 Diagrams, which will hit stores this summer on Rifkind's SRC label, through Universal Records.

8 Diagrams, which is named after a Kung-Fu epic, is the the first new album from Wu-Tang Clan in six years.

The album will feature RZA, GZA, Method Man, Raekwon the Chef, Ghostface Killah, Inspektah Deck, Masta Killa and U-God, all original members of the Wu-Tang Clan.

The new album will also contain an unreleased performance that will show fans why deceased group member Ol' Dirty Bastard "was considered one of the illest MCs ever," before dying of a heart attack in Nov. 2004.

“This is the perfect time for us to come back, the stars are aligned,” RZA said. “It’s like when we first started with Steve. We put out real hip-hop at a time when it was turning into pop or R&B. We brought the focus back to the music in its rawest form, without studio polish or radio hooks.”

RZA founded the group with GZA and the late Ol' Dirty Bastard, who is memorialized on the song “Life Changes."

The group has released several groundbreaking albums including Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993), Wu-Tang Forever (1997) and 2001's Iron Flag.

According to the RZA, the new album will be a "conjunction of creative and corporate thinking by the whole group.”

“People want something that gives them an adrenaline rush,” RZA continued. “We’re here to supply that fix. How could hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever? We’re here to revive the spirit and the economics and bring in a wave of energy that has lately dissipated.”

The reunion with Rifkind comes as the seasoned music industry veteran is enjoying a banter year.

Akon's SRC/Universal sophomore release Konvicted was recently certified platinum, after five weeks of being on the shelves.

“The energy is just like it was, and it’s needed in our industry same as back then,” Rifkind said. “Over the last few years, the group has developed a whole new fan base of 20-year-olds and even younger who’ve never even seen them play.”

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: WU-TANG CLAN RE-UNITING FOR NEW ALBUM '8 DIAGRAMS'
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »
I wasn't feeling their last 2 albums, but the first 2 are classics to me, and Meth dropped a very underrated album last year that got no promotion by Def Jam not even a video, Ghostface was one of the albums of the year so I'm definitely looking forward to what they got in store

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
i'll actually spend money

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »
 :o

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:44:35 PM »
Could hip-hop really be going back to real lyrics? I'm looking foward to hearing from Rae & Ghost the most, although I haven't like a Wu group album since Wu Tang Forever. Fishscale was one of the best albums last year, I would cop it just of the strength of being blessed with more heat from Ghostface.

herpes

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 05:54:13 PM »
i thought it was called wu-tang is still forever... oh well for some reason im hyped for this but I got a feeling its going to suck.

eastcoast timbs

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
Wu-tang Forever was actually originally gonna be called The Eighth Diagram I remember. RZA wanted it to be sort of like an orchestra story album. One of the first songs he did for it was "The Chase"(Bulworth Sndtrk). He said the next song was supposed to be Method Man saving him...but the rest of them niggas didnt like that idea. I dont know if they still gonna try that concept, but it's cool to finally see the name "Eight Diagram" be used

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »
How could hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?

I like that quote, this goes in my sig, with sikotic saying he's a pedo

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:02:07 PM »
good to see them getting back alltogether again.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »
Lets hope they at least try and sound hungry.  The track on the Ghostface and Tony Touch shit were pretty sick.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

The 18th Letter

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 12:39:24 AM »
wu-tang clan aint nuthin' ta fuck wit'!

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 08:39:32 AM »
good to see them getting back alltogether again.

Chief

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »
boo yaa, cant wait  8)

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »
wu-tang clan aint nuthin' ta fuck wit'!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Word! LOL

'EclipZe