Author Topic: American Aristocracy?  (Read 332 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: American Aristocracy?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
Not that I'm policital...but...I want Hilary and Obama in the office at the same time.

If Hilary wins, she chooses Obamas as Vice P.
If Obama wins, he chooses Hilary as Vice P.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »
If Hilary Clinton wins, Bill Clinton would be The First Man. 8)
lmao the first gentilman, thats like bein a his wifes bitch.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 09:43:57 PM »
Interesting point, and of course the amounts of wealth they have are major contributors.  But whether it's politics or anything else, it's all about who you are / who you know. 

Take an actor like Martin Sheen.  He has two sons, Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez.  Both of which turned out to be successful actors.  Obviously the fact that their dad was an actor influenced their career path.  And of course their dad had connections and got them opportunities that the average joe isn't going to get.  Every person that was a friend to their dad would be a friend of theirs.  So they have a HUGE headstart at getting their foot in the door.

And that's true of any profession - it's all about your connections.

Now maybe there's a little man behind the curtain pulling all the strings on the whole thing, who knows.  But I know that I've been in business (and even asked to be involved in local politics) enough to know your connections are the quickest way to the top. 

For some outsider to try and kick down the door and win this election is gonna be an INCREDIBLE feat.  And honestly, I don't see it happening. 

As for Ron Paul, isn't he kind of ostracizing himself from the Republican party?

But either way, I think McCain is gonna win and the Bush / Clinton streak will be over.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 06:27:59 AM »
If Hilary Clinton wins, Bill Clinton would be The First Man. 8)
lmao the first gentilman, thats like bein a his wifes bitch.
Hahahaha!

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 08:10:09 AM »

I am not that naive to believe that Ron Paul will win the presidential elections my friend, let's face it if by some miracle he was actually voted in by the people of america and somehow defied the huge media control they would sooner kill him than allow him to run america. I am assuming he will not be representing the republican party when he runs for president, he is going to be one of the independent candidates. My comments were more based on how I look forward to seeing this man who is well respected across the political spectrum galvanise the american people into becoming more awake and conscious as to what is really going on in their own backyard. I believe and hope that he will get a lot of airtime because his viewpoint connects with so many people, perhaps the mass media might ignore him but he has a lot of support at grass roots. He will at least shake things up, of course him running in the elections is more a symbolic gesture because there are so many things preventing him from running successfully but he will certainly stir things up.

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »
^^ I respect that, so here's a prop. However, if he's not going to get any mainstream media attention, how is he going to stir up something? Similar cases have been around in other 'democratic' countries, but these people never stood a chance, simply because they couldn't get their message across. 'Free' media failed them. No matter how many people would normally feel connected to his viewpoints... The media will simply prevent the people from ever feeling serious affection to him as their candidate.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »

A good question and I know there is no easy solution thanks to the oligopolistic, almost monopilistic control of media sources, particularly within some areas. However what Ron Paul hopefully encourages in the people, is for them to be more engaged in politics. Yeah of course there are lots of people that are unhappy with the government and the political system but they are like blind sheep right now. In so far as they are in the same state of mind but they can not see a direction in which to move in. With Ron Paul entering the presidential candidacy, what it does, is show people there is some humanity in politics, there is someone who represents core values, not another elitist only interested in selling themselves out like a high class hooker.

in terms of a media platform, as you acknowledged there is a mass amount of people who are feeling disaffected and are probably more than simply disillusioned. Therefore if he is able to galvanise people which he has already succeeded at doing at the grass roots level, then there are still many radio shows he can use to get his messages across and indeed I believe that he will get a lot of exposure on local teleivision and print media. I understand where you are coming from but even as expected if the national media decides to mainly sideline him, he still has those outlets which I mentioned. I am sure though, even with the controlled national media there will still be some opportunities for him to get coverage albeit not as frequently as the leading runners.

Basically the best thing that can happen is people snap out of this apathetic nature, which although justified by what they see happening around them, is not going to affect change. Ron Paul represents the voice of what I would guess to be a sizeable proportion of americas population. If through his efforts he can connect people people with politics, then although this presential campaign may yet again be won by one of the crime families, he will have changed the political nature of things to come. Of course change can not come overnight and it obviously will not and am not saying he comes bearing miracles but what I am saying is that his efforts could have a very positive effect.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 10:54:35 AM by virtuoso »