Author Topic: Kurupt thoughts  (Read 1986 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Kurupt thoughts
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2007, 02:34:20 AM »
I think he used to be the best on the West, especially because of his lyrics. He seems to just freestyle now, and his voice & flow are still great, he's just got no content. He kills that verse on the Hi-Tek album though, which makes me believe he's still got it. Plus, nothing beats the way him & Daz sound on a track together.

yeah their chemistry has always been unbelievably palpable. Kurupt even says it on his pseudo daz/soopa diss "i didn't change": 'me and the homie used to be the tightest group/and to this day we still the tightest group'

To me he killed the hi-tek verse cause he sat down and wrote it. i bet he can do that whenever he sits down and writes a verse, I think we have heard very few written Kurupt verses ever. I've been theorying for a while that most of his work is freestyled. part of what makes me think this is that alot of his verses are almost literally just different scrambles of the same words: peep his verse on sly boogy's CA remix...it's interchangeable with 80% of the verses on streetz iz a mutha.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2007, 05:06:55 AM »
snoop also freestyles alot of his verses but I think Snoop is a doper freestyler than Kurupt he's alot smoother, Kurupt is the better lyricist he has written a few of Snoops shit and Daz's

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2007, 01:13:41 PM »
I think he used to be the best on the West, especially because of his lyrics. He seems to just freestyle now, and his voice & flow are still great, he's just got no content. He kills that verse on the Hi-Tek album though, which makes me believe he's still got it. Plus, nothing beats the way him & Daz sound on a track together.

yeah their chemistry has always been unbelievably palpable. Kurupt even says it on his pseudo daz/soopa diss "i didn't change": 'me and the homie used to be the tightest group/and to this day we still the tightest group'

To me he killed the hi-tek verse cause he sat down and wrote it. i bet he can do that whenever he sits down and writes a verse, I think we have heard very few written Kurupt verses ever. I've been theorying for a while that most of his work is freestyled. part of what makes me think this is that alot of his verses are almost literally just different scrambles of the same words: peep his verse on sly boogy's CA remix...it's interchangeable with 80% of the verses on streetz iz a mutha.

-T

You hit it on the nose, around the time of SIAMF, he started freestyling. His lyrics got considerably worse ( "bitch nigga/u more of a bitch than a bitch" ) & ( "shut the fuck up bitch/eat a dick bitch/eat a bowl of shit bitch" ). Lyrics got worse, but his flow was still on point and at least he had substanse. Once him & Daz split, he seemed to still freestyle, but just didn't care anymore. I mean dude rhymes the same word with the same meaning back to back in verses now, and it ain't cool. Now that he's fuckin with Daz again, he sounds like he's regaining his hunger.

If you think Gotti doesn't know what the fans had to say about YGATG, SDDS & CIA? He knows people think he fell off, probably sick of the critics, and that's why he stepped it up on the Hi-Tek album. All in all, when I hear Kurupts voice on a song, it automatically is gonna get a listen from me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2007, 02:55:37 PM »
snoop also freestyles alot of his verses but I think Snoop is a doper freestyler than Kurupt he's alot smoother, Kurupt is the better lyricist he has written a few of Snoops shit and Daz's

speakin' of that, Kurupt wrote dre's verse on ask yaself, right? to me that would be the only justification for giving dre the last verse on the track and it sounds like a Kurupt verse.

also, Kurupt speaks at the beginning of warren g's "dollars and sense" but he doesn't rap on it...however, warren's verse is pretty dope and since he's not really a rapper I'm assuming Kurupt wrote that verse as well, anyone know?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2007, 03:00:54 PM »

speakin' of that, Kurupt wrote dre's verse on ask yaself, right? to me that would be the only justification for giving dre the last verse on the track and it sounds like a Kurupt verse.

also, Kurupt speaks at the beginning of warren g's "dollars and sense" but he doesn't rap on it...however, warren's verse is pretty dope and since he's not really a rapper I'm assuming Kurupt wrote that verse as well, anyone know?

-T

he also wrote Dre's verse on Just Dippin and I think Bad Azz wrote Snoop's verse, dope song

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2007, 03:09:59 PM »

If you think Gotti doesn't know what the fans had to say about YGATG, SDDS & CIA? He knows people think he fell off, probably sick of the critics, and that's why he stepped it up on the Hi-Tek album. All in all, when I hear Kurupts voice on a song, it automatically is gonna get a listen from me.

I think it's not so much that he stepped up it's almost physically the opposite lol, I think he sat down and wrote that shit whereas I theorize, 80% of stuff that we've EVER heard from Kurupt (chronic 1992 to now) is freestyled.  but that's just my thought.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2007, 11:02:26 PM »

I think it's not so much that he stepped up it's almost physically the opposite lol, I think he sat down and wrote that shit whereas I theorize, 80% of stuff that we've EVER heard from Kurupt (chronic 1992 to now) is freestyled.  but that's just my thought.

-T

Interestin thread...for a long time I always believed Kurupt fell off due to him losin motivation and freestylin most of his verses post 2001, but r u sayin that u think 80% of his verses from 92 to now been freestyle? If so that's the first I heard a theory like this...those tracks u mentioned must be serious...to tell the truth I haven't been following up on DPG lately...I used to a BIG fan(still am I), but I also believed for a long time they would make a huge comeback...quality wise I'm speakin...now I kinda lost hope...anyway those tracks u mentioned in the first post...PM me. ;)
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »
DPG will always best on some DAZ beats
agree wit that 100%
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »

-T

Interestin thread...for a long time I always believed Kurupt fell off due to him losin motivation and freestylin most of his verses post 2001, but r u sayin that u think 80% of his verses from 92 to now been freestyle? If so that's the first I heard a theory like this...those tracks u mentioned must be serious...to tell the truth I haven't been following up on DPG lately...I used to a BIG fan(still am I), but I also believed for a long time they would make a huge comeback...quality wise I'm speakin...now I kinda lost hope...anyway those tracks u mentioned in the first post...PM me. ;)

Keep it movin' is under a thread called '4 songs' or 4 tracks in hookup and i saw the 1 n 1 out video on youtube.

both verses seem to be written and yes I, until Kurupt tells Nima otherwise, feel that Kurupt has freestyled most of his career.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

HEC

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2008, 08:26:02 AM »
another bump of a dope thread. My 2 cents is that Kurupt who is my favorite MC of all time has stepped up this past year and brought alot of heat. The freestyling on record really started on "Kuruption!" when he kinda slept walked through alot of that album, even on the doper songs like "Fresh" it sounds like a freestyle. He started to rhyme alot of the same words over and over on verses and his flow turned choppy and sometimes lazy. Now you look at "Game" from that album and I don't know when that was recorded but that was vintage Kurupt right there.

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
Just listen to "Mystic River"... It was released around the time of his Cash Money announcement.... dope as fuck..

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »
man this is some dope shit guys I have been reading

Gotti is my favorite rapper since I got into hiphop in '99 and Streetz iz a Mutha is my favorite album and never knew about it being freestyled I alwyas knew Trylogy was one but the rest I never really thought about it

I got a question does anybody know when the song Started was recorded and also Can't Quit by the Dogg Pound those are 2 new songs that recently become my favorites

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2008, 04:58:32 PM »
Keep that DPG Up Homies 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

jbel1021

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »

Gotti is my favorite rapper since I got into hiphop in '99 and Streetz iz a Mutha is my favorite album and never knew about it being freestyled I alwyas knew Trylogy was one but the rest I never really thought about it

I got a question does anybody know when the song Started was recorded and also Can't Quit by the Dogg Pound those are 2 new songs that recently become my favorites

Most likely in 96-97 Started was recorded. Can't Quit was probly recorded back in 95.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »

Most likely in 96-97 Started was recorded. Can't Quit was probly recorded back in 95.

props J these 2 tracks I been bumping lately

Gotti murders them 8)