Author Topic: Eminem/proof/xzibit questions since I been gone for years  (Read 474 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Eminem/proof/xzibit questions since I been gone for years
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »
Don't bitch at me for bringing up old shit and make fun of how I left rap bla bla, if you don't want to participate in the post then don't. I'm not putting anyone down, no need to put me down. Now my thoughts, questions:

Just read an old news article about Proof's death

so....I know the police don't know what exactly happened, but I'm assuming in the community of rappers it's been effectively eventually leaked to the hip hop fan community....so can anyone explain what happened with obie getting shot,proof getting killed? so he got killed in 2006 and that video with him getting shot was in 2004?

why was proof's record not on shady? what's up with all his Tom Wolfe (electric kool-aid acid test) and Jerry garcia stuff? is eminem into that shit too? That's the kinda shit I've been diggin for years, 50's/60's counter-culture that's tight that he digs that. Is Eminem and the rest of d12 into that shit too?

"And go find who did that shit to Xzibit
And go fill up a whole liquor bottle with piss
And shatter his fuckin lips wit' it" -from american psycho II....who did what to xzibit? does this have anything to do with the beef dpg had with xzibit after the suge incident or what? I'm assuming Em took no sides in that beef or what? also, the story i heard about the xzibit thing from you guys is, suge approached xzibit in the club and asked him about his ties with snoop and xzibit said it was all business.....isn't it at all possible that the story got twisted and suge said something to the effect of asking xzibit if he had beef with him the way snoop did since they were so close and xzibit probably was just saying 'yeah, i work with them and they're my homies but it doesn't mean I have probs with you cause I was never on DR"...and when exactly did that shit happen again? is that why dre stopped producing his albums or was that coincidence or what?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Lunatic

Re: Eminem/proof/xzibit questions since I been gone for years
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:18:57 PM »
Don't bitch at me for bringing up old shit and make fun of how I left rap bla bla, if you don't want to participate in the post then don't. I'm not putting anyone down, no need to put me down. Now my thoughts, questions:

Just read an old news article about Proof's death

so....I know the police don't know what exactly happened, but I'm assuming in the community of rappers it's been effectively eventually leaked to the hip hop fan community....so can anyone explain what happened with obie getting shot,proof getting killed? so he got killed in 2006 and that video with him getting shot was in 2004?

why was proof's record not on shady? what's up with all his Tom Wolfe (electric kool-aid acid test) and Jerry garcia stuff? is eminem into that shit too? That's the kinda shit I've been diggin for years, 50's/60's counter-culture that's tight that he digs that. Is Eminem and the rest of d12 into that shit too?

"And go find who did that shit to Xzibit
And go fill up a whole liquor bottle with piss
And shatter his fuckin lips wit' it" -from american psycho II....who did what to xzibit? does this have anything to do with the beef dpg had with xzibit after the suge incident or what? I'm assuming Em took no sides in that beef or what? also, the story i heard about the xzibit thing from you guys is, suge approached xzibit in the club and asked him about his ties with snoop and xzibit said it was all business.....isn't it at all possible that the story got twisted and suge said something to the effect of asking xzibit if he had beef with him the way snoop did since they were so close and xzibit probably was just saying 'yeah, i work with them and they're my homies but it doesn't mean I have probs with you cause I was never on DR"...and when exactly did that shit happen again? is that why dre stopped producing his albums or was that coincidence or what?

-T

1). obie was on some detriot freeway, with his gurl in the car, and sum1 fired shots into the car, stirking obie. no1 ever was caught.

there's alot of different stories with proof's death. we know he went to a club, got into an altercation with sum dude there (they knew eachother). we believe that the bouncer at the club (was the man proof was having an altercation with cusin), and he A) fired at proof, missed, and killed his cousin, then shot at proof agian, this time striking him 4 times, and killing him or B) proof shot the man he was having an altercation with, and the bouncer responded with striking proof 4 times and killing him.)

2) proof's record was not on shady, because he was trying to build up his own label, Iron Fist Records. It's not that he couldn't of put it on shady/interscope, put out a big single, and sell alot of records, this was simply his own choice. i'm not 2 sure about the whole drug thing, but i've always heard ALL members of d12 (eminem included) are into some hardcore drugs, not just weed.

3) i am not positive about the whole xzibit situation, but i heard sum1 had keyed his car pretty bad, around that time. no idea on the rest of that specific paragraph.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

IzUwitIt

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:18 PM »
That line in American Psycho II was related to an incident with Xzibit gettin jumped and glassed by some Mexicans or some shit.
And Dre has produced for Xzibit since (Grown Man Business), the reason for him not going to Dre for beats since MvM probably simply he wanted to go a different route after recording 2 records under Dre's guidance. nothin to do with the Suge Knight incident.

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:36:36 PM »
That line in American Psycho II was related to an incident with Xzibit gettin jumped and glassed by some Mexicans or some shit.
And Dre has produced for Xzibit since (Grown Man Business), the reason for him not going to Dre for beats since MvM probably simply he wanted to go a different route after recording 2 records under Dre's guidance. nothin to do with the Suge Knight incident.

that is correct, my bad. that explains the "black vs. brown" song on x's latest record.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 02:08:48 PM »
Yeah I also wondered that from the Game line "you gonna do like xzibit and cut half my face?"

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »
the 'cut half my face' I THINK is in reference to the full circle cover with half of xzibit's face on it.

the Jerry garcia/acid test stuff I was asking about wasn't so much about the drugs as it was about their interest in 50's/60's counter culture/beat generation/hippie generation stuff.

so proof was shot in the face 4 times?

and where was obie's body hit? so Shady/aftermath as a whole was still cool with x despite the suge incident....and anyone with me on my theory that the X story got twisted against him real bad?

he doesn't diss mexicans on the record does he? just talking about peace/unity or what?

thanks everyone for the help. +1 for all

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »
Obie got shot in the head (!!!) and survived. And about the Proof shooting... I heard they got in some fight, someone shot at proof, proof shot the shooter dead, and then somebody else killed proof. Anyway, we know how reliable those stories are... And Xzibit indeed got cut in the face with a crushed bottle by a latino. And yeah, he's been talking about unity ever since. He deserves some respect for that, showing he's the wisest and all...

About Proof not being on Shady Records... He probably just wanted to go his own way, avoiding Interscope to oversee his project, something like that. You know when an album comes out on Interscope, it has to have some massive eye catcher for a single. Proof solo just hasn't really been the one to do that type of stuff, so I guess that's the reason. I'm only assuming though...

WestCoasta

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »
remember that interview long time ago when Daz said Xzibit got jumped by some mexicans and got a cut on his mouth?

you can see the scar on Xzibit

I think that's what they talkin about

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »
word, yeah unless proof would have been cool with letting eminem go like "Nanananana!" all over his record with cartoony production interscope wouldn't have released that shit.

didn't know xzibit got cut in the face, perhaps that's why only half his face is on the full circle cover. I thought the implication Game was making was "When xzibit stopped being produced by dre, you only put half his face on the cover, you gonna do me the same way?"

makes sense that Em would wait till he did a song with b-real before dissing X's attackers so it wouldn't be misperceived as racist.

i've read all of daz's interviews with dubcnn and I don't remembe that, was it a dubcnn interview?

also, where is grown man business available? what album was it released on? can someone hook it up?
proof was shot in the face too or what?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

the Jerry garcia/acid test stuff I was asking about wasn't so much about the drugs as it was about their interest in 50's/60's counter culture/beat generation/hippie generation stuff.

i don't think it has anything to do with interest in counter culture stuff, it's more of a drug thing, you got to remember that these dudes are are in their 30's so it's just common knowledge info they grew up with....it's all about the drugs when they takl about that stuff. the grateful dead were that generations 'drug' band which d12 is probably aspiring to be for this generation. plus the whole jerry garcia thing might have something to do with the movie "half baked" , i know a million and a half pot heads who carry around jerry garcia in a bag.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »
i've read all of daz's interviews with dubcnn and I don't remembe that, was it a dubcnn interview?

nah it was some random interview somewhere on the internet

where is grown man business available? what album was it released on?

unreleased

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »
where does the pot in Bako come from? It's so....not surrounded by shit, it should be easy as fuck for the cops to know exactly how much is coming into town from who and when...Unless there's a legit pot industry there like in LA and the Sko, is there any cannabis clubs in a two hour radius from you?

hm, I would think so just with the jerry garcia stuff but the 'electric kool aid acid test' is a book by tom wolfe about Ken kesey and the merry pranksters, so that reference led me to believe they had a deeper knowledge than just the drug thing.

that's funny that people outside of the hippie/rock community feel the dead is an especially druggie band, there are a million hippie/rock bands that any stoner could name that are at least as druggie as the dead. but that's cool.

LMAO, I love that line in King of the hill where cube says "You fuckin' hip hop hippies!" Cause to me, that shit would be a compliment.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

hey hey hey hey smoke weed everyday

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • rip bad news brown!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 04:06:49 PM »
also, where is grown man business available? what album was it released on? can someone hook it up?
proof was shot in the face too or what?

-T
here is the xzibit track my man!  crazy dr. dre beat! dj clue yells in the song but its the only one i have..
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rvppd8

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »
ahhh....was this shit initially released on a clue compilation or what?
have you ever heard of a version without the clue stuff?
anyone? If there exists a better one, i'll hold out for it but if noone knows of one then when I get home I will DL this. Thanks man. props regardless.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »
the 'cut half my face' I THINK is in reference to the full circle cover with half of xzibit's face on it.

No, this line was from The Documentary, way before Full Circle came out.