Author Topic: Bow Wow Can't Get His Mind Off An Ex New Single  (Read 85 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bow Wow Can't Get His Mind Off An Ex New Single
« on: February 01, 2007, 02:31:33 AM »
It's been said that it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all — and Bow Wow raps all about it in his single "Outta My System." The soon-to-be 20-year-old just shot a video for the new track from The Price of Fame in Los Angeles.

In the song, Bow Wow raps, "I still got a lot of pain/ I ain't dealt with it all/ I been running round with other chicks/ I'm single and they loving it/ I'm liking it, but I just want the one I was in love with." Fans think he's rapping about his ex-girlfriend Ciara, and Bow cleared it up a little.

"It deals with a situation I was in, for sure," he said. "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to listen to that song and know what I'm talking about or who I'm talking to. That's why I did it. That once again deals with the price of fame."

The rapper's rep said the video will be shot in black and white, and show Bow Wow in a vulnerable state because of his crumbled relationship. Bow Wow said he has talked to Ciara since their split and they have been cordial. "I'm sure she has my album just like I got hers," he said. "She told me congrats on everything. ... We had small talk and kept it moving."

After "Outta My System," Bow says he might shoot a video with R. Kelly for "I'm a Flirt." Some radio stations have even started playing the song already.

"It was a pleasure," he said about working with Kells. "It was almost like that record wasn't supposed to happen because it was so last-second. We recorded it two days before I had to turn in my masters. ... Matter of fact, the masters were actually turned in and I called the label and said, 'I got a song with R. Kelly. Y'all gotta stop the press. This has to make the album.' The reason [the song] is not listed on [the album] is because we didn't have time to do the packaging over."

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)

Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com