Author Topic: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in  (Read 5873 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2007, 06:02:17 PM »
Dude TtK, you know Cam has a point with that Prodigy shit.  50 Cent is a business man.  HE SAID HE LET PRODIGY DO HIS ALBUM ON KOCH CUZ PRODIGY WANTED TO AND HE DONT HOLD PPL BACK.   50 Cent is a business man.  If the money was that good on G-Unit major, he would have said 'Look you arent gonna make that much over there, put that shit out on G-Unit trust me" you KNOW he would have done that.

It ain't even about sales.

Yeah I never disagreed. With this question and that NY video 50 couldnt say shit.

Lake Titicaca

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2007, 06:07:38 PM »
Styles P is pussy.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2007, 06:33:53 PM »
Dude TtK, you know Cam has a point with that Prodigy shit.  50 Cent is a business man.  HE SAID HE LET PRODIGY DO HIS ALBUM ON KOCH CUZ PRODIGY WANTED TO AND HE DONT HOLD PPL BACK.   50 Cent is a business man.  If the money was that good on G-Unit major, he would have said 'Look you arent gonna make that much over there, put that shit out on G-Unit trust me" you KNOW he would have done that.

It ain't even about sales.

Yeah I never disagreed. With this question and that NY video 50 couldnt say shit.

What about the video?  I didn't catch that?

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »
this was hilarious, everytime 50 goes on the air something funny is going to happen, Cam was straight comedy ;D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »
Cam made a great point about 50 callin Koch a hip hop graveyard while one of his artist is signed there, but he's really a dickhead. This is the 2nd time Cam went on Hot 97 and made an ass out of himself.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »
Cam made a great point about 50 callin Koch a hip hop graveyard while one of his artist is signed there, but he's really a dickhead. This is the 2nd time Cam went on Hot 97 and made an ass out of himself.

the thing is though, it really is the end of prodigy's career.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:48:56 PM by Dubz »

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2007, 08:41:09 PM »
Styles was talking like he had something to prove to 50. 
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »
If you guys get past all the gossiping bullshit, Styles had a good point.  50 asked him if he didn't like making money.  Styles said of course he does, but he's not gonna sacrifice his character for some more money.  And he said that 50's attitude reflects a lot of the mainstream rappers today which I think is true.  These mainstream rappers will do ANYTHING for a buck.  It's tapdancing at it's finest.

Rappers / MC's used to dictate to the masses what was dope and accetable.  Nowadays it's more on exploiting any angle to get an extra dollar.  There's always been that hustling aspect in hip hop, but it wasn't supposed to overtake the creative / artistic aspect of it.  At least before, if there was something that was produced strictly to "exploit a market" there was always a counterbalance of some artistic stuff.  And getting that balance makes you appreciate both sides.  You get hundreds of perspectives that way.  It seems like today there is only one audience that is catered to.  There are artists that go outside of it, but those are declining in numbers.

We Fly High

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2007, 10:49:10 PM »
haha i cant believe the GM called in, 50 had to bitch him right quick, "so you want to be an artist and talk on air?". and then had to demand camron to come on. but it was cool that camron schooled 50 with the prodigy, but i wish he acted a bit more mature, so the conversation coulda continued. but it was hilarious nonetheless.

50s very elaborate and on point whenever hes talking though, the majority of the time hes like calm cool and collected. most rappers cant speak like him, and hes right, whenever hes on the radio, you gotta listen. (but i dont like him at all, but im able to put my bias aside). i can pretty much imagine him slick talkin through any business deal.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:59:02 PM by We Fly High »

Sikotic™

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2007, 10:56:25 PM »
Someone's gotta put up the part with Cam so I can hear that shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2007, 12:10:22 AM »
Cam was just heated. He was getting to 50. That's why fif was saying "oh you gonna take this to something else."

Cam was on point with the fact that Jimmy has sold as much as Banks and Banks is on G Unit.

WestCoasta

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2007, 12:23:21 AM »
50 is actin cool

this dude Styles is stupid tho, "im from the streets" okay

SGV

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2007, 12:31:21 AM »
Styles' point was that he's a stret cat and could careless about selling huge numbers cuz at the end of the day he has the streets to back him up.

WestCoasta

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2007, 12:33:08 AM »
^  who hasn't said that before?

like we get it man, you're from the streets, just like everyone else in history has claimed to be

SGV

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »
Of course everyone has said it, But that was Styles' point. He's not as concerned with sales as he is with staying true to who he is.