Author Topic: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in  (Read 5888 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2007, 01:10:23 AM »
Of course everyone has said it, But that was Styles' point. He's not as concerned with sales as he is with staying true to who he is.

Yep, he isn't willing to give a part of himself up to be able to feed his family more lavishly.  That's a real dude right there.....

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2007, 02:06:34 AM »
50 Cent exchanged words with both Styles P and Cam'ron yesterday (February 1) while appearing as a guest on Angie Martinez's Hot 97 radio show.

During the show, Angie and 50 Cent briefly discussed D-Block and 50's involvement with the continual delay of Styles P's sophomore album, Time Is Money, prompting the Yonkers-born MC to phone into the show. After Martinez advised 50 to keep it peaceful, the two MC's engaged in their first ever conversation with 50 offering to broker a new record deal for Styles, who recently parted ways with his former recording home Interscope Records.

"You know who would be the best person to broker a deal for you right now? 50 Cent," the G-Unit boss offered. Styles later responded by saying "I would do business with him, but I wouldn't let him broker my deal. I'm a man. We could do some other business or something, I'm a man like he is, he can't do nothing that effect me."

Styles also went on to criticize 50 for laughing at Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff's recent conviction and accused 50 of going Hollywood.

"I think you forgot where you're from." 50 responded by saying, "If you say that I'm a different person, anybody who says money don't change them, they just didn't make enough." Fif also denied ever wanting Styles to be released from Interscope or wanting him to be placed in a bad financial situation [Listen Here]. http://www.zshare.net/audio/angiemartinez-50_cent_interview_styles_p_calls_to_talk_to_50_for_first_time_live-0201-mp3.html

After commenting during his conversation with Styles that he could "stop a record from coming out at Koch [Records]", Koch's general manager called in alongside Cam'ron. After 50 beckoned the GM to put Cam on the line, the Dipset Don took the opportunity to voice his opinion on the matter.

While in the past 50 referred to Koch as being a "graveyard" for washed up artists, Cam responded by asking why 50 allowed Prodigy to do a deal with the label if this is how he felt. He also used Lloyd Banks' and Mobb Deep's album sales as ammunition against 50's claim that artists only go to Koch when major labels will no longer invest in them.

"How much Lloyd Banks sold," Cam asked. "Lloyd Banks is at 300,000[units] , Jim Jones is at 300,000 [units], Jim Jones is on an independent, Lloyd Banks is on your label."

"But Lloyd Banks has more money than Jim Jones, if you want to talk on that level," Fif responded. "See, you're getting ready to turn this into something else."

Cam continued to taunt 50 repeating, "Yo Curtis, how much did Mobb Deep sell?" Clearly becoming agitated 50 said, "You're getting ready to cause a whole different situation. Watch it [Listen Here]." http://www.zshare.net/audio/angie_martinez_50cent_camron_phonecall_02107-mp3.html

Cam was eventually cleared from the line, with 50 later saying, "I think he thinks that he's actually able to compete with me."

Later on, after 50 had left the show, Jim Jones phoned into Hot 97 seemingly to keep the peace.

"Ain't nothing going down, its just aggressive competition. It got a little blown out of proportion [but] we don't want nobody to take it beyond that [Listen Here]." http://www.zshare.net/audio/0201-angie_martinez-jim_jones_calls_in_to_talk_about_50_and_cam-mp3.html

Chief

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2007, 02:48:57 AM »
lol

WC Iz Active

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »
Camron is the king!!!

Narrator

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2007, 03:04:29 AM »
Cam was on point with the fact that Jimmy has sold as much as Banks and Banks is on G Unit.

Yeah, but Jimmy also sold as much as Cam and Cam was on Asylum/Atlantic.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2007, 03:06:26 AM »
Of course everyone has said it, But that was Styles' point. He's not as concerned with sales as he is with staying true to who he is.

Yep, he isn't willing to give a part of himself up to be able to feed his family more lavishly.  That's a real dude right there.....

that was a terrible point. keeping it real when it comes to getting down in the streets compared to providing a nice life for your family is bullshit. that aside styles p>cam>50 cent

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2007, 03:11:51 AM »

that was a terrible point. keeping it real when it comes to getting down in the streets compared to providing a nice life for your family is bullshit. that aside styles p>cam>50 cent
lol, so true but imo Styles P.>50 Cent>Cam

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2007, 04:39:28 AM »
This shit was hilarious!!! LMAO @ Cam'ron wilding out! "CUUUUUUUUUUUUURTIIIIIIIIIIS!! hahahah

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2007, 05:00:35 AM »
Some dude on the other forum made a valid point. He said something in the words of that basically Cam was yelling like crazy and not letting 50 speak because he knows 50 has an anwser for everything when it comes to bussiness. If you listen to this interview 50 aint even speaking like a rapper, more like a ceo.

Cam did get him with that whole sales thing great but you know 50 would have an anwser for anything.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2007, 05:06:20 AM »
Looks like 50 owned everybody again
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »
"CUUUUUUUUURTIS, CUUUUUUUUURTIS. HOW MUCH DID THE MOBB SELL CURTIS?!"

That shit is hilarious, he sound like a goony.

omg that was soo fun HAHAHAH..R

CUUUURTIS

Kool Beenz

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2007, 09:09:28 AM »
i guess 50 does run the game

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
God help us...

Chief

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »
Some dude on the other forum made a valid point. He said something in the words of that basically Cam was yelling like crazy and not letting 50 speak because he knows 50 has an anwser for everything when it comes to bussiness.

exactly, cam knew he would lose any argument.

SGV

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2007, 09:39:12 AM »

You gotta be kidding me! So because he doesn't have his family eating Lobster and Shrimp every night he's not real? You're acting like dude's leaving his family starving. Think about it, Insterscope barely spent any money advertising his album. He only had one video and that was a long ass time ago... So for him to be at 80,000 sold it's not going to be a bad pay check for him. Plus he's always doing guest spots and shit. Dude's eating well enough to NOT need to be so rich that he needs 6 cars. He's just keeping true to himself.

Yeah, but Jimmy also sold as much as Cam and Cam was on Asylum/Atlantic.

That was Cam's point. Just because you're on Koch don't mean you can't sell more than a person on a major. 50 trying to clown people on Koch for not selling is laughable because his own artists are selling as much, if not less than Koch artists AND some of his artists are on Koch. Cam was yelling and not giving 50 a chance to speak because he new that it would piss off 50. 50 didn't like someone spitting so much truth at him, pretty much telling him that he's not right. That's why 50 was getting mad talking about "this is gonna start something else." Why's he mad?