Author Topic: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in  (Read 5872 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2007, 09:51:52 AM »
^^ You wouldnt be mad if you were on radio giving the person props and the same person starts yelling at you and not giving you a chance to speak back ?

Both had valid reason to be pissed at eachother but the conversation sucked.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2007, 09:56:23 AM »
^^ You wouldnt be mad if you were on radio giving the person props and the same person starts yelling at you and not giving you a chance to speak back ?

WORD.

BUT what happened with Nas? You mentioned him and then didn't elaborate...then you said they ended the show before he spoke...but I'm asking how did Nas come up in the first place? Did angie say he called or did nas start to speak and the show was ended or what?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2007, 10:01:30 AM »
They sad Nas is waiting on the line but they ended the show before he'd get a chance to speak becuase of Camrons bashing.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2007, 10:03:13 AM »
I don't know as much about their situations...does Nas have any issues with any of the aforementioned rappers?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

SGV

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »

LMAO @ Giving the person props. What were you listening to? Yeah sure, 50 said he liked Cam and that Jimmy was doing his thing, but he was also dissing the label they're on saying that it's the Graveyard. Talking all kinds of shit... THEN had the nerve to say he can shut shit down over there. So, if I'm Cam, I'm thinking "does this dude think he can shut me down?" Of course Cam ain't gonna let 50 talk, he already said what he had to say. 50 had no reason to be upset at Cam, relax...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2007, 10:09:27 AM »

LMAO @ Giving the person props. What were you listening to? Yeah sure, 50 said he liked Cam and that Jimmy was doing his thing, but he was also dissing the label they're on saying that it's the Graveyard. Talking all kinds of shit... THEN had the nerve to say he can shut shit down over there. So, if I'm Cam, I'm thinking "does this dude think he can shut me down?" Of course Cam ain't gonna let 50 talk, he already said what he had to say. 50 had no reason to be upset at Cam, relax...

I didn't see any legitimacy on the part of Kam until this post.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2007, 10:32:52 AM »

Question for you people how can 50 legitimately say that can shut anything down at Koch unless through some kinds of umbrella Interscope and Koch are now affiliated?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
after some thinking time, my thoughts:

50 isn't necessarily running everything, but he is more than styles and cam'ron.

I was talking with some dudes I got to Cal State san bernardino with, these couple african american dudes I smoke blunts with who are from rialto( a ghetto-er part of the IE) where I grew up and these dudes are your average west coast hip hop fans, no access to dubcnn or anything, just some rap fans you know? some ear to the street kind of cats and I was tellin' them about the dre compilations I'm making and I said something to the effect of "I'm making a snoop break up to make up with all dre produced snoop shit produced since doggystyle and an eminem completely dre produced record and even though I don't like him, I'm gonna do a 50 cent one cause he has so much dre produced stuff" and these dudes immediately said "yeah, that's why he's running shit. anyone could run shit with that much dre tracks." I said "if that's so, what happened to knoc turn al" and dude says "the streets got his shit MONTHS before his album dropped. wasn't NOBODY trying to buy that old ass album when it came out"......even the average rap fan off the streets sees that 50 ain't nearly as formidable without dre. which is my whole issue with him, it's not that 50's the whackes out, he ain't the whackest but dre is producing him and his people instead of the classic people and new west coast people that we want to see him produce.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2007, 10:51:13 AM »
Of course everyone has said it, But that was Styles' point. He's not as concerned with sales as he is with staying true to who he is.

real spit. and Styles still sold 80 k.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:07 AM »
what happened to the CAM audio

The Best of 3 Worlds

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2007, 10:58:06 AM »

50s been saying for the past 3 months how he likes Jim Jones, what he did with Balling was great, how a Dispet GUnit collabo might happen...

And your second argument is what I said already. Cam had a completley valid reason to be pissed BUT he shouldve let 50 speak too. Thats why its no wonder 50 was pissed. Cam was cuttinh him off.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2007, 11:01:21 AM »
after some thinking time, my thoughts:

50 isn't necessarily running everything, but he is more than styles and cam'ron.

I was talking with some dudes I got to Cal State san bernardino with, these couple african american dudes I smoke blunts with who are from rialto( a ghetto-er part of the IE) where I grew up and these dudes are your average west coast hip hop fans, no access to dubcnn or anything, just some rap fans you know? some ear to the street kind of cats and I was tellin' them about the dre compilations I'm making and I said something to the effect of "I'm making a snoop break up to make up with all dre produced snoop shit produced since doggystyle and an eminem completely dre produced record and even though I don't like him, I'm gonna do a 50 cent one cause he has so much dre produced stuff" and these dudes immediately said "yeah, that's why he's running shit. anyone could run shit with that much dre tracks." I said "if that's so, what happened to knoc turn al" and dude says "the streets got his shit MONTHS before his album dropped. wasn't NOBODY trying to buy that old ass album when it came out"......even the average rap fan off the streets sees that 50 ain't nearly as formidable without dre. which is my whole issue with him, it's not that 50's the whackes out, he ain't the whackest but dre is producing him and his people instead of the classic people and new west coast people that we want to see him produce.

-T

That point is completley pointless. Yeah Dres backing helps you but its nearly not everything. If that was the case Busta would have sold more, Konc, Hittman, Stat Quo would be released imedialty and not waiting for him to create buzz... Massacre frist 2 singles had nothign to do with Dre and we all know how much he had sold.

He knows how to promote himself and is a hit maker. Thats why he sells.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »
dre keeps him relevant once his content started declining in quality is what those dudes were saying, and with dre comes dre's trained producers like hi tek, havoc, focus, mel man, battlecat, storch.

so yeah 50 had alot to do with himself blowing up initially but once the massacre hit everyone knew he was going downhill and everyone's been knowing that shit and it's just a matter of dre keeping him where he's at.

in the 4 years I didn't listen to rap I still heard

how we do and in da club a fuckin' grip. i didn't even think 'dre' at all when I heard gangs and gangs of people playing those songs, i didn't know dre produced those till like november of '06. to me, the shit that goes beyond the HH community is what pushes people past multi platinum and those are the songs that did it.

and yeah those singles sold but anything woulda sold offa the momentum of a diamond album that dre had a grip to do with.

before dre and eminem came into his life, 50 cent was this dude known for dissing people that my mafioso ass uncle would bump and laugh at from time to time. it was stuff like 50 getting heavily involved with dre and em that discouraged me from getting back into rap until when i did, Dre and em were always some of my favorites and hearing the shit that was coming out I was like 'what the fuck is going on?' surely you realize no one outside of the hip hop community can take him seriously at all right? Eminem, Dre and Snoop are respected musicians who've made music on par with Mozart and The Beatles and I hear all kinds of people say it on the regular. No one outside of hip hop respects 50 cent that isn't paid to do so live on the air. 50 cent just damages shit man....Eminem knew controversy sells, saw that 50 dissed a lot of people too and decided to make a buck. dre and em=50's success. He's not the whackest like i said, I just wish dre and em would put more time into wortwhile art like they used to. I was listening to 'revelation', 'who knew' and even 'business' the other day and Eminem used to be like Bishop man...trying to bring quality back into the game. It's a fucking shame 50 cent happened.

I know I've mentioned it in a few posts in the recent past, but I'm currently makling some dre compilations which is why I've been requesting all the shit i've been reqesting. Now the reason I'm making dre compilations is because every year, 5-10 albums come out with between 1 and 3 dre tracks on them and almost without exception the dre tracks are the only ones worth a damn. not only that but in a given time period dre has a motif to his sound so compiling his shit is fun to contextualize cause he has such style. Now....rock artists wouldn't do that, wouldn't distribute their heat between seven different discs...when a rock artist falls off, they just fall off(re: they're nigh incapable of making classics like they used to) whereas a rap artist 90% of the time is just being lazy/choosing to ration the dope shit. Now, living in CA, I've noticed that rap is THE most listened to music in the state and that's why rock is like that and rap is like this: Because Rap is so ridiculously popular, corporations have a vested interest in that shit so a label will distribute 15 dre tracks over 15 albums instead of a few really dope albums(Notice Ras Kass' letter talking about all his label's pressure to release the dre song first. I've read alot of behind the scenes stories that are similar, I'm sure you have as well)...in other words, rap is way more watered down and bullshitty because of it. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that I have to scramble on this forum to collect an albums worth of classic dre tracks at a time. i should be able to pick up these albums pre-collected at the store. they should be selling quality record, they have 'em! No one's saying these people can't make quality records. The cohesive nature of Dre's work is a no brainer but it's a fucking scam and this is what discouraged me from getting back into rap for so long, i knew I'd end up compiling dre tracks well before being remotely moved to buy a 50 cent album. whereas I could buy EVERY RECORD Bob Dylan for example put out between 1961 and 1971 and be getting nothing but universally rated 5 star classics.It's not that rap or even fuckin' Dre alone, doesn't produce that much classic material but rappers are constantly encouraged by their bosses to compromise this classic material with other not so classic material so they can release 3 platinum albums instead of one really quality classic album. It's fucking quality diffusion and 50 cent is a perpetrator! Huge perpetrator!  Styles P's call is a manifestation of the problem, when he says I think you forgot where you're from, help me out. He's saying, You're in the position to make the game not like this, you're in the position to make art a priority but you're not and that's your problem.

and 50 is like "yeah i'll broker you a deal" and styles P says shit to the effect of, "i want a deal but i don't want to compromise' read between the lines, he's saying "yeah I'm sure you could get me a deal where they will ask me to get a Dre club beat and an r.kelly hook but I'm not trying to do that, I want a deal where I don't have to compromise my art" and as powerful as 50 is, 50 can't get him that. alot of people in response will say things like what they said in that post in reponse to ras kass open letter to his label "you're an employee of the company, you need to make a bottom line happen." well the rappers nas talks about in HHID did that without compromising their shit because the game was different, because their wasn't quality diffusion policies, the same 7 producers it's okay to work with, art was a priority etc. Styles is saying  50 is in the position to change it and he's not so he's a bad thing for music and hip hop. 50 is failing music. 50 is failing hip hop. 50 is failing the streets. 50 is failing himself, just like a million other rapers who say "I'm gonna take the game back to the real shit" and don't act on it when they get big, just like the white politicians(that do more for you than you'll ever know) so many of you fuckin' reverse racist hip hop heads(not everyone) diss so much for campaigning on one thing and doing another when they get elected. so you have to accept that 50 is gonna get hate for legitimate reasons TTK. He is bad for hip hop. I talked about this with those rialto cats and they said "No one ever said 50 was talentless but I'm always thinking a)why are you saying dumb shit? b) why are you always dissing people? If you're so cool, just do you and you'll be succesful with dre and em" so that's the average hip hop fan. dude hasn't bought an album in months he says because of shit like this, shit like 50. and he has a gang of friends that are the exact same way (I would know, I smoke 'em out whenever I see him lol). So that's 50 directly contributing to bootlegging (these dudes burn more plastic than beverly hills moms at Macys) So I mean, no one is saying 50 can't rap. dude has a cool voice and talent when he wants to use it which is what I think you've always wanted to propagate his goodness, which is cool but you can't act like we're out of line or coming unfounded when we diss 50. dude is a really bad distraction, but he can change that. and styles was saying that he isn't.

-T

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:46:51 AM by Tanjibility-The West Coast Rap Amnesiac »

westcoastavengers.com

rik

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2007, 11:12:10 AM »
Is this dubcc or an all girl high school?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »
let me simplify, the AM/SHADY/GUNIT camp will put all the effort it takes to make One classic record into seven different discs that they release that year so they can make the bottom line. So they'll release say...4 albums out with 3 dope cuts each...I'm just gonna download those dope cuts and put 'em on an album together and not buiy anything. If they put the 3 dope cuts from each of the 4 albums on one 12 track solid disc, I'll buy that shit...they're not doing that, every year record sales get lower cause 19 million motherfuckers grew up to be just like me; more and more people listen to rap all the time and less and less people buy it all the time to the point where new fans feel like that's how it is and how it always will be, hence how huge mixtapes have been recently. This means everyone at the top is responsible for making it so their people have a viable means to eat. Nas is the only rapper taking this reponsibility seriously. it's ridiculous how much paralels i'm seeing between the rap game and politics right now. it's just like old ass politicians not doing shit about social security cause it won't affect them...sad, that while white people have this hierarchical structure with the fate of a nation while black people do it with the fate of your headphones...damn, vote Obama for the love o' god.

Anyway, If AM put this effort into like 3 discs(one per label) instead the records would be solid, would be classic. it's dispersion, diffusion and it cheats the fans and it's why people don't buy albums. No one's saying they're talentless, they're just not doing what they should be doing on an artistic level.

-T

westcoastavengers.com