Author Topic: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in  (Read 5882 times)

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Rofl, 50s on HOT 97 right now and Styles P called in
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2007, 12:09:03 PM »
let me simplify, the AM/SHADY/GUNIT camp will put all the effort it takes to make One classic record into seven different discs that they release that year so they can make the bottom line. So they'll release say...4 albums out with 3 dope cuts each...I'm just gonna download those dope cuts and put 'em on an album together and not buiy anything. If they put the 3 dope cuts from each of the 4 albums on one 12 track solid disc, I'll buy that shit...they're not doing that, every year record sales get lower cause 19 million motherfuckers grew up to be just like me; more and more people listen to rap all the time and less and less people buy it all the time to the point where new fans feel like that's how it is and how it always will be, hence how huge mixtapes have been recently. This means everyone at the top is responsible for making it so their people have a viable means to eat. Nas is the only rapper taking this reponsibility seriously. it's ridiculous how much paralels i'm seeing between the rap game and politics right now. it's just like old ass politicians not doing shit about social security cause it won't affect them...sad, that while white people have this hierarchical structure with the fate of a nation while black people do it with the fate of your headphones...damn, vote Obama for the love o' god.

Anyway, If AM put this effort into like 3 discs(one per label) instead the records would be solid, would be classic. it's dispersion, diffusion and it cheats the fans and it's why people don't buy albums. No one's saying they're talentless, they're just not doing what they should be doing on an artistic level.-T
^^^^^
Props!!!

SGV

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »
So I'm gonna come out saying, "I got love for 50 Cent but G Unit records is not a good place for artists! I can shut down any record coming out of G Unit."

By saying that, should I expect 50 to call in and be cool? I just shitted on him, his skills as a CEO and his business. But he should call in and talk casual right?

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2007, 01:10:17 PM »
^^ They ended the show before he started.

Cam: "You can shut down Diplomat projects?"

50: "Cam you really want that?"

Cam: "Nah...I was just askin"

lol

LMAO
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2007, 01:42:16 PM »
Is this dubcc or an all girl high school?

lmao no kidding. "he said she said!"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2007, 02:10:47 PM »
C'mon this is what makes Dubcc fun.   Look at the deep thought posts going on brah.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »
So I'm gonna come out saying, "I got love for 50 Cent but G Unit records is not a good place for artists! I can shut down any record coming out of G Unit."

By saying that, should I expect 50 to call in and be cool? I just shitted on him, his skills as a CEO and his business. But he should call in and talk casual right?

I said that he has the right to be upset but if you have balls you let the OTHER side speak too.

SGV you know all this crap behind the scenes, Im not sure but werent Cam and Jim Jones dissing Koch just few weeks ago ?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2007, 02:18:52 PM »
after some thinking time, my thoughts:

50 isn't necessarily running everything, but he is more than styles and cam'ron.

I was talking with some dudes I got to Cal State san bernardino with, these couple african american dudes I smoke blunts with who are from rialto( a ghetto-er part of the IE) where I grew up and these dudes are your average west coast hip hop fans, no access to dubcnn or anything, just some rap fans you know? some ear to the street kind of cats and I was tellin' them about the dre compilations I'm making and I said something to the effect of "I'm making a snoop break up to make up with all dre produced snoop shit produced since doggystyle and an eminem completely dre produced record and even though I don't like him, I'm gonna do a 50 cent one cause he has so much dre produced stuff" and these dudes immediately said "yeah, that's why he's running shit. anyone could run shit with that much dre tracks." I said "if that's so, what happened to knoc turn al" and dude says "the streets got his shit MONTHS before his album dropped. wasn't NOBODY trying to buy that old ass album when it came out"......even the average rap fan off the streets sees that 50 ain't nearly as formidable without dre. which is my whole issue with him, it's not that 50's the whackes out, he ain't the whackest but dre is producing him and his people instead of the classic people and new west coast people that we want to see him produce.

-T

Well put. I think people put 50 on a pedestall, and that's why you see alot of hardcore haters out there too. 50 said some dirty shit in the interview, but still suprised me because he was calm and pretty respectable the whole time.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »
^^ You wouldnt be mad if you were on radio giving the person props and the same person starts yelling at you and not giving you a chance to speak back ?

Both had valid reason to be pissed at eachother but the conversation sucked.

LMAO @ Giving the person props. What were you listening to? Yeah sure, 50 said he liked Cam and that Jimmy was doing his thing, but he was also dissing the label they're on saying that it's the Graveyard. Talking all kinds of shit... THEN had the nerve to say he can shut shit down over there. So, if I'm Cam, I'm thinking "does this dude think he can shut me down?" Of course Cam ain't gonna let 50 talk, he already said what he had to say. 50 had no reason to be upset at Cam, relax...

50s been saying for the past 3 months how he likes Jim Jones, what he did with Balling was great, how a Dispet GUnit collabo might happen...

And your second argument is what I said already. Cam had a completley valid reason to be pissed BUT he shouldve let 50 speak too. Thats why its no wonder 50 was pissed. Cam was cuttinh him off.

I bet you 50 is completely insincere when he's giving those 'props' to Jimmy. We all know 50 is a businessman. He knows damn well that "We Fly High" is one of the biggest records in America right now. He knows that Jimmy is selling as much as Banks is on an independant label. More to the point, he knows that at this point a G-Unit/Dipset collabo would benefit the Unit just as much, if not more, than it would Jones and Dipset.

Would 50 have been saying he wanted to collaborate with Dipset or digged Jones' style before "We Fly High" dropped? Hell no.

On the flip-side, however, I totally agree. Cam should've let Fif speak. He acted completely immature. Funny though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 02:29:08 PM by DPG2K7 »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

SGV

« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2007, 02:50:46 PM »

I said that he has the right to be upset but if you have balls you let the OTHER side speak too.

SGV you know all this crap behind the scenes, Im not sure but werent Cam and Jim Jones dissing Koch just few weeks ago ?

What could Fif have said? He had already spoke. He said what he said and Cam replied. No need to let dude reply because there's nothing more to say.

A lot of people are mad at Koch, just like Lil Jon and them were mad at TVT. They aren't paying people on time. That's why Cam was saying he was there picking up money that was owed to them. These Major Independents are all like that. So in that sense, they're bad... But once that check is cut, it's a wrap. Think about how much Jimmy sold. Even if they don't get $7 a record, let's say they get $3.50

Thats still $1,050,000. Take out taxes and what not, it's still a decent pay check. If Banks is getting something like $.03, he barely got $9,000. So, what would you rather do? Granted, not everyone is going to hit Jimmy Blanco's numbers, but the potential is there.

If Koch would pay people on time, better believe they would have a lot of people trying to get a deal there. But, just like Lil Jon is still on TVT, once they cut the check, everyone's happy.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2007, 02:53:04 PM »

What could Fif have said? He had already spoke. He said what he said and Cam replied. No need to let dude reply because there's nothing more to say.

A lot of people are mad at Koch, just like Lil Jon and them were mad at TVT. They aren't paying people on time. That's why Cam was saying he was there picking up money that was owed to them. These Major Independents are all like that. So in that sense, they're bad... But once that check is cut, it's a wrap. Think about how much Jimmy sold. Even if they don't get $7 a record, let's say they get $3.50

Thats still $1,050,000. Take out taxes and what not, it's still a decent pay check. If Banks is getting something like $.03, he barely got $9,000. So, what would you rather do? Granted, not everyone is going to hit Jimmy Blanco's numbers, but the potential is there.

If Koch would pay people on time, better believe they would have a lot of people trying to get a deal there. But, just like Lil Jon is still on TVT, once they cut the check, everyone's happy.

word, that makes alot of sense, as long as it ain't costin koch too much to put you out, sounds mad viable.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Chief

« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2007, 03:53:14 PM »

do you really think banks is gettin .03 on g-unit? 50 already told cam, if you want to talk like that banks made more money.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »

do you really think banks is gettin .03 on g-unit? 50 already told cam, if you want to talk like that banks made more money.

yeah, Banks probably IS getting 3 cents a record BUT G Unit probably sells out shows, and I'm sure Dre or Iovine or 50 or all three cut him a nice advance before the album was even made.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2007, 04:53:59 PM »
[A lot of people are mad at Koch, just like Lil Jon and them were mad at TVT. They aren't paying people on time. That's why Cam was saying he was there picking up money that was owed to them. These Major Independents are all like that. So in that sense, they're bad... But once that check is cut, it's a wrap. Think about how much Jimmy sold. Even if they don't get $7 a record, let's say they get $3.50

Artists don't just make money from cd's nomore this days, you think Koch buys at much shows for their artists as Interscope does? Banks been on tour non stop for the last 3 years... You think the advance is the same amount of money? You think Diplomats gives you movies, clothing, a oppurturnity to start your own label and all that shit like every artist on G-Unit gets? Yayo, Buck, Spider, Hot Rod, Mobb Deep, they all got their own label, they get G-Unit clothes and all got clothes/shoes out themself, they doin' movies all that shit, get cars, get houses all that.. even when they're in jail...
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

The Watcher

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »
damn, Cam got homoemotional real quick
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Chief

« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2007, 05:24:34 PM »
^yep, maybe he should have slipped in a 'no homo' before he got cut off?