Author Topic: how much did mobb deep sell?  (Read 1022 times)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
how much did mobb deep sell?
« on: February 01, 2007, 10:45:39 PM »
anyone got the numbers?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: how much did mobb deep sell?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:41:21 PM »
Blood Money? Not even 300K.

XaNdEr

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:58:51 PM »
and Infamous and Hell On Earth?

anybody got numbers for those records?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »
Hell On Earth = 700k
Infamous = 870k

XaNdEr

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:04:50 AM »
so they just went gold...?

they got any better sales? like infamy or murda muzik or amerikaz nightmare?  ???

Efrain

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 12:08:43 AM »
Well, Murda Muzik went platinum of the strength of quiet storm and IMO hell on earth (gold) and Infamous (gold) were better albums so basically Blood Money not breaking 300k on interscope with the G-Unit brand and that level of promotion and exposure is utterly pathethic. I bet Prodigy sells between 150 and 200 k on Koch witch will probably be the most he's ever made on an album. That Return of The Mac mixtape is contending for the best thing comming out right now so I wouldn't be surprised if sales are high, and the $ is more than G-Unit which might mean the Mobb leaving (one can only hope).

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 01:35:58 AM »

That can't be right. Didn't they do 220k the first week?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 01:41:51 AM »

That can't be right. Didn't they do 220k the first week?

They did about 115 first week.  And after that no one copped it.  I'm surprised they got another 200 sales after first week.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 01:49:15 AM »
i didnt get it- not wit 50 all over it

if they leave the unit i might cop a cd they drop

i only have 2 INFAMOUS and AMERIKAZ NIGHTMARE

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 05:05:24 AM »
They shipped gold and stopped at 375.000 I think.

The main problem for them not selling is the wrong choice of selling. Well thats from selling point of you, I liked that they had a street record and not a club banger with 50 on the chours. Plus Mobb Deep wouldnt do much better anywhere else if you ask me.

Efrain

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »

The main problem for them not selling is the wrong choice of selling. Well thats from selling point of you, I liked that they had a street record and not a club banger with 50 on the chorus. Plus Mobb Deep wouldn't do much better anywhere else if you ask me.

How do you mean selling? I think there were so many problems with that record no one thing changed could have saved it.

First it wasn't a mobb deep album, it was a g-unit album featuring mobb deep. Havoc produced less than half of the music and there were g-unit guest appearances on more than half of the album. The few songs that mobb deep had to them selves they awkwardly mimicked 50 Cent's lazy flow and sing song hook style which made it sound like it could just have well featured 50 anyways. 

Second, it was created with club appeal in mind and marketed that way. Gay club records about "back stage passes" and "give it to me" were straight wack and every Mobb Deep fan was horrified to hear that crap. Mobb Deep is not "sexy" and "sleek" but they were sure as hell marketed that way. Fans of Mobb Deep and fans of hip hop alike saw through that instantly because it was corny and fake.

But Mobb Deep could go platinum again I wouldn't put it past them. If they make a really strong street album that's got a more hip-hop oriented vibe (like hip-hop is dead) with minimal outside assistance and without the g-unit brand they could definitely do at least double what they're doing now.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 11:03:19 AM »

The main problem for them not selling is the wrong choice of selling. Well thats from selling point of you, I liked that they had a street record and not a club banger with 50 on the chorus. Plus Mobb Deep wouldn't do much better anywhere else if you ask me.

How do you mean selling? I think there were so many problems with that record no one thing changed could have saved it.

First it wasn't a mobb deep album, it was a g-unit album featuring mobb deep. Havoc produced less than half of the music and there were g-unit guest appearances on more than half of the album. The few songs that mobb deep had to them selves they awkwardly mimicked 50 Cent's lazy flow and sing song hook style which made it sound like it could just have well featured 50 anyways. 

Second, it was created with club appeal in mind and marketed that way. Gay club records about "back stage passes" and "give it to me" were straight wack and every Mobb Deep fan was horrified to hear that crap. Mobb Deep is not "sexy" and "sleek" but they were sure as hell marketed that way. Fans of Mobb Deep and fans of hip hop alike saw through that instantly because it was corny and fake.

But Mobb Deep could go platinum again I wouldn't put it past them. If they make a really strong street album that's got a more hip-hop oriented vibe (like hip-hop is dead) with minimal outside assistance and without the g-unit brand they could definitely do at least double what they're doing now.

I didn't know their base was that strong.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »
They're riding the NY subway system to promote their new shit.  Picking one borough and getting off on a stop to do a public meet and greet.  They're letting people know what borough on what day and on what stop they'll be signing autographs.  That's some real shit right there.  Props to the Mobb.
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

Kool Beenz

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »
well there last album wasent even worth buying

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »