Author Topic: how much did mobb deep sell?  (Read 1021 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: how much did mobb deep sell?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2007, 07:58:17 AM »
so mobb deep did about 300k...lloyd banks did about 350k...Game is at 800k right now?

checkmate!

Its not checkmate. The whole reason why Game is getting laughed on all the forums is because he compared himself to 50 Cent and not Banks, Buck... If he did that everybody would be saying what you are right now, but instead everybody is laughing at Game for even thinking hes on 50s level.

"Sell another 5 millions, homie yes I am"
Game could've sold more if he released the right singles, Let's Ride was an awful choice, he should've dropped Wouldnt Get Far right after the One Blood joint, Look At Jeezy he dropped Go Getta and is almost at Game's numbers even though he dropped a month later and he still got that Timbo joint 3Am, Jeezy might sell close to 2 million

Game shouldve sold a lot more. I mean the promo behind him was crazy. You aslo gotta respect his hustle. He was on every magazine, radio, tv.... Even if you knew nothing about the album you were basically forced to get info about it. Not to mention that he had all they hype off getting kicked out from GUnit/Aftermath. If he stayed on GUnit/Aftermath he'd sell even less, probably doing Busta numbers.

But these days nobody is selling shit, plus Game had no hit singles other than Wouldnt Get Far.

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2007, 09:05:22 AM »
"Have A Party", "Outta Control Remix" and Put em In They Place" were all pretty dope songs.  They should have sold more but nobody was buying into them being on G Unit Records. 

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2007, 11:04:17 AM »
yeah Game should have released too much as a single and TImbo the king, where are you located?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 05:19:27 AM »
i think their release on koch records in 2003 sold more than their g-unit release 8)

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 06:10:14 AM »
CUUURTIIS, CUUURTIIIS, HOW MUCH DID MOBB SELL CUURTIS??????????
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »
so mobb deep did about 300k...lloyd banks did about 350k...Game is at 800k right now?

checkmate!

Its not checkmate. The whole reason why Game is getting laughed on all the forums is because he compared himself to 50 Cent and not Banks, Buck... If he did that everybody would be saying what you are right now, but instead everybody is laughing at Game for even thinking hes on 50s level.

Actually it is checkmate. Listen to "Soundscan" - he never dissed 50 for his sales. Game wasn't a G-Unit CEO, he was a G-Unit artist. He outsold every other G-Unit artist (not including 50) while he was with them, and he outsold them without them.

Oh, and didn't 50 say that Yayo would outsell "The Documentary"? LMAO
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »

checkmate!

Actually it is checkmate. Listen to "Soundscan" - he never dissed 50 for his sales. Game wasn't a G-Unit CEO, he was a G-Unit artist. He outsold every other G-Unit artist (not including 50) while he was with them, and he outsold them without them.

Of course he didnt diss 50 for his sales, dissing 50 for that would be plain crazy. He compared himself to 50, saying how he'll retire if he wont do a million in the first week.

He did outsell all of GUnit artists but that had a lot to do with the controversy sournding him. Everybody was watining on how he'll do without Dre and 50. While the rest of Gunit artits were just GUnit artists point black. Nothing new or controversial about that. If Game stayed on Gunit he'd sell even less.

Even if you look at it from this perspective Banks went from 1.5 to 300 which is a 1.2 drop and Game went from 2.3 to 800 which is a 1.5 drop. Game also had a bigger fanbase from the first album so these numbers are completley logical.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 07:33:12 PM »

checkmate!

Of course he didnt diss 50 for his sales, dissing 50 for that would be plain crazy. He compared himself to 50, saying how he'll retire if he wont do a million in the first week.

He did outsell all of GUnit artists but that had a lot to do with the controversy sournding him. Everybody was watining on how he'll do without Dre and 50. While the rest of Gunit artits were just GUnit artists point black. Nothing new or controversial about that. If Game stayed on Gunit he'd sell even less.

Even if you look at it from this perspective Banks went from 1.5 to 300 which is a 1.2 drop and Game went from 2.3 to 800 which is a 1.5 drop. Game also had a bigger fanbase from the first album so these numbers are completley logical.

That makes no sense. Every G-Unit artist had 50 (the biggest artist in the game right now) on their first singles and still couldn't outsell Game with 2 solo singles that got little to no play? Let me guess...Junior Reed is more respected than 50? Lol

Fine, just to make you feel better - let's add the sales up because it is Game vs. G-Unit as a whole. So if you add up Yayo, Banks, and Mobb Deep they did outsell Game.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 08:42:42 PM »
Word to everything EFrain has said in this thread.  He gets it.

Mobb Deep did this album to try to get 50's fanbase. Period.  It was Mobb Deep meets G-Unit.  Their timing was horrible.  If they were gonna do this, they should have tried it a couple years earlier.  They probably coulda exploited his fanbase for more sales.  The funny thing was, this move to G-Unit was strictly to get at that fanbase, but it didn't work as evidenced by the shit sales compared to their other albums.  Then on top of that you figure in that they also successfully alienated their core fanbase that had been buying their albums for years.

The 2 joints I've heard from Prodigy's new album are better than ANYTHING Mobb Deep has done on G-Unit.  It's not even close.

LOL @ trying to say that G-Unit wasn't on over half of this album.  That's a fucking lie so quit doing it.  You're in serious denial here. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 05:26:48 AM »

checkmate!

That makes no sense. Every G-Unit artist had 50 (the biggest artist in the game right now) on their first singles and still couldn't outsell Game with 2 solo singles that got little to no play? Let me guess...Junior Reed is more respected than 50? Lol

Fine, just to make you feel better - let's add the sales up because it is Game vs. G-Unit as a whole. So if you add up Yayo, Banks, and Mobb Deep they did outsell Game.

Mobb Deep didnt have 50 on any singles for the album. And having 50 on your single doesnt mean you'll sell. That was the case 3 years ago, shit time went by and as history told us general public aint loyal.

Game outsould Mobb Deep and Banks because of they hype sournding him. Like Ive said before it was the deal with the whole ex-Aftermath/GUnit, plus Game hustled like crazy, while Banks thought he'd sell of the name alone. Even like you said Game had no hit singles and still managed to sell 800.000. Thats mostly of the hype alone. Getting kicked out of those 2 labels was the best thing that could have happen to Game.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 05:29:38 AM »
So what i gather from this meeting of minds, the only way to get decent sales is hype?...What has this world come to.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 05:30:43 AM »
So what i gather from this meeting of minds, the only way to get decent sales is hype?...What has this world come to.

Its 2 things if you ask me:

a) Having hype, hustling, being an attention whore

b) Creating hit singles

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »
That's not true.. If it was, then what happened to Busta Rhymes' album? He had a bunch of hot singles, he had dre's backing, and he released a remix with a bunch of artists on it, and had controversy with a body guard being shot.. He marketed alot, he was even on 'so you think you can dance'.. He had alot of concerts.. Yet, He only went Gold.

Give credit where credit is due, Game sold records and his album was good. The only thing that has slumped his sales (this far) has been a big delay  between singles. His album has only been out for 3 months and he is certified platinum.. So let's just see what his album finishes at..

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 07:22:06 AM »
It's sad to see that sales is the basis of what is and is not a good album these days but I blame the artist. 50 was bragging about units and sales and so were other members in his camp and when there is a dip in those sales? Nothing is said. Same with Game. Mobb did not sell because hardcore Mobb fans were not feeling them going to G-Unit and Prodigy pulled a Kurupt and fell the fuck off. They waited too long inbetween singles to put something out to and I am going to use 50's term, "general public". Game does have a point, the only person in G-Unit that can save it is 50. Buck maybe.

Cam's timing of bringing that up about Jimmy's sales vs Banks (which I think Jim has past Banks) was good, 2 years ago he would not have been able to say that. These rappers have the general public brainwashed into thinking sales. People would rather hit up a soundscan to see a flop or success then enjoy a record anymore.

Elevz

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 07:43:47 AM »
Well, the world is all about numbers, so that's hardly a surprise. You can hardly blame these rappers for talking about it all the time.