Author Topic: DAMN... my two worlds just collided...  (Read 854 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
DAMN... my two worlds just collided...
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:11:03 PM »
My two worlds just collided.  Anyone who knows me knows that I have two loves in this life.  Islam and hip-hop.  They have gotten me through anything I've encountered in this life.  I've even been writing a book for a long time about the two things and how they are connected to eachother.  My two worlds just collided.

I don't want to go into detail about my personal life.  So this isn't exactly what happened, but to avoid going into too much detail about my personal life; let's just say I had some Muslim kid go through all of my hip-hop stuff, tell everyone I was a fake because I listened music, that I wasn't a real Muslim; and this same stupid kid ended up stealing all of my stuff for himself, and he's fucking vanished.

Then I go to everyone to get my stuff, and nobody gives a shit, because they all think that the music shit is bullshit, and that it's good for me that I got all my stuff taken.

This is collectible shit.  Ya'll know that hip-hop is part of what influenced me towards Islam in the first place.  Now al those cd's that influenced me are gone.  Not to mention, all my data cd's and tracks I was archiving for my book I'm writing, everything is gone.  That book wasn't just a book to write, that book was my life, my memories, those cd's are my memories.  And nobody gives a fuck.

My identity is wrapped up in my history, that's who I am, and who I was, and who I aspire to be.  All my stuff, more than just cd's was in these boxes; everything has been straight up ran through and taken, misplaced, destroyed, wrecked, and nobody gives a fuck.

My two worlds just collided. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: DAMN... my two worlds just collided...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »
That's fucked up. Someone deserves a major ass kickin'.

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:58:43 PM »
Maybe he and them other muslims are right; that you tried to merge what couldn't be merged. If you're not supposed to listen to music and glorify your personal belongings, perhaps that's one thing you should have known. But to take it all away, make it vanish... Maybe that's a part of the whole thought process as well, but I can't imagine how bad it must feel to have your personal writings gone too. I just wonder, did the kid steal it so he could sell it, or has he just taken it away to protect you from yourself?

Perhaps they think you must come to terms with yourself again. Think about the important things in life. Is that really your cd collection, or is it Allah? Would it be your personal writings, or is it Allah? And is there a way to combine those things?

I don't know, because honestly, I don't know much about Muslims. I'm just curious about these values...

Narrator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »
I'm gonna take a break from being a black nationalist for one post here and say that I'm sorry, in spite of how much I roll my eyes at you...I know this is a bit of a sobering situation for you right now.  Whenever I've had shit stolen, it makes me wanna fuck up whoever did it to me even though I wanna think dude had some issues.

But at the same time, I want you to admit something to me - did I not tell you that many Orthodox Muslims consider music to be har'aam?  Did I not ask you if, hypothetically, you were rolling down the streets of some ME country bumping 2Pac or Nas, this might happen?

What you don't seem to understand is that I learned the same thing 15 years ago when I thought about becoming a Muslim.  And I've had reminders of it every time I've visited Islamic message boards and seen Muslims on those forums campaigning to have the music discussion sections removed.  All these years, the one thing that bothered me most about many of these people was how intent they seemed on regulating other people's lives, and how persistant they were.  They're as bad as the fundamentalist Christians, as far as I'm concerned, and that's why I will never convert to ANY religion in my lifetime.  Spirituality, I can be cool with.  This, I can't be.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
1. Watch Fight Club.
2. If you still feel like it, punch that Muslim kid in the face, as hard as you can.

This is not a cynical advice.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »
^lol

what country did this go down in? If your still in the same city as him you need to track his ass down and at least get back your data cd's.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 01:55:28 PM »
Just grass on him to the police, if you know who did it, it shouldn't be a probem.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »
is this part of allahs plan for you?

if not, what is this?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 03:10:12 PM »
 They're as bad as the fundamentalist Christians, as far as I'm concerned,

Fundamentalist Christians are nowhere near as oppressive as Muslims.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 03:13:08 PM »
Just grass on him to the police, if you know who did it, it shouldn't be a probem.

I know who did it, but this person is connected to me through other people, so it's not a situation where I can call the police; and I can't get ahold of this kid, and also he probably sold it already for a few dollars.... everyone thinks it's nothing, because nobody understands all the sentimental value. 

This kid (I say kid, but he is almost as old as me) who stole is from outside of America and listens to music, but thinks that he's a bad Muslim.  So when he saw that I had music, he doesn't understand real hip-hop, or conscious hip-hop, or my past or anything like that, and just thought from his own perspective that I must be a bad Muslim or a hypocrite, or a fake, he's been telling everybody this about me; because I had all this stuff.

The difference is, I was raised in this culture, and I don't consider music to be forbidden in Islam; actually, it's the opposite for me, hip-hop exposed me to Islam, and I for the last six years I've been working on a book that explains in depth the connection between the two of them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:15:28 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 03:16:35 PM »
I'm gonna take a break from being a black nationalist for one post here and say that I'm sorry, in spite of how much I roll my eyes at you...I know this is a bit of a sobering situation for you right now.  Whenever I've had shit stolen, it makes me wanna fuck up whoever did it to me even though I wanna think dude had some issues.

But at the same time, I want you to admit something to me - did I not tell you that many Orthodox Muslims consider music to be har'aam?  Did I not ask you if, hypothetically, you were rolling down the streets of some ME country bumping 2Pac or Nas, this might happen?

What you don't seem to understand is that I learned the same thing 15 years ago when I thought about becoming a Muslim.  And I've had reminders of it every time I've visited Islamic message boards and seen Muslims on those forums campaigning to have the music discussion sections removed.  All these years, the one thing that bothered me most about many of these people was how intent they seemed on regulating other people's lives, and how persistant they were.  They're as bad as the fundamentalist Christians, as far as I'm concerned, and that's why I will never convert to ANY religion in my lifetime.  Spirituality, I can be cool with.  This, I can't be.

I appreciate your sincerity in this post; I'll respond more about this later.  Peace. 

Narrator

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 03:23:31 PM »
Fundamentalist Christians are nowhere near as oppressive as Muslims.

You must not know any.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 03:24:09 PM »
Regulating other people's lives is a regular occurance in Islam, more than other religions in my experience. Personally, I'd smash on this kid just to do it. You're a grown ass man, stop letting others direct you mentally. If I know anything about you bro, you tried hard to escape and become your own person as a youngsta just to dive into a bigger melting pot with a bigger brother to control life for you. 

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »
It is all in Allah's plan.  Do not question it.

Sparegeez

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 07:07:53 PM »
Damn. You got punked by a little ass kid.