Author Topic: The Official NHL Thread  (Read 71680 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: The official NHL Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »
no, they usually don't get suspended; of course sometimes they might if it's an incident like Todd Bertuzzi.

when two people fight, they'll get a penalty for 5 minutes.

i'm assuming refs don't stop it right away becuase tempers are high, they might end up getting hit as well or something.
they will usually setep in though after a little while to break it apart.

this is based on what I know and have observed; I'm sure somebody who's more into hockey can explain it further.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 05:50:39 PM »
They get a 5 minute penalty, if youre the 3rd man in you get a game.

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
they usually break it up when someone falls down(whether they slipped or got  knocked out), anyways Nucks are looking good for the playoffs and hopefully the division, I heard that Forsbergs number one choice would be Van. to be with Nazzy, but it doesnt look like it will happen with Cap space and shit where ya'll think he will end up?

swangin and bangin

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 10:06:06 PM »
how do the fights work in hockey?

when do they stop them?

why dont the refs stop them when they start?

and why do they start fights?

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 11:01:15 PM »
how do the fights work in hockey?

when do they stop them?

why dont the refs stop them when they start?

and why do they start fights?

2 ppl wanna fight the game stops and the refs let the 2 go at it and usually break it up after someone falls or if someone is getting shitkicked, and why would refs stop them before they start???

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 11:06:15 PM »
A fight is usualy to wake up youre team mates if you feel that the games is being one sided or youre team ain't performing. Sometimes it can be a player taking exeption to a player from the opposite team taking shots at his best players.

I can't believe Phili beat Detroit like 7-1 or wtv

swangin and bangin

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 11:07:57 PM »
A fight is usualy to wake up youre team mates if you feel that the games is being one sided or youre team ain't performing. Sometimes it can be a player taking exeption to a player from the opposite team taking shots at his best players.

do players on the same team ever fight?

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 11:06:43 AM »

do players on the same team ever fight?

I dont think during a game teamates have fought but during practise it can happen, in MOntreal i can think of 4 fights in the last 3-4 years

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »
they usually break it up when someone falls down(whether they slipped or got  knocked out), anyways Nucks are looking good for the playoffs and hopefully the division, I heard that Forsbergs number one choice would be Van. to be with Nazzy, but it doesnt look like it will happen with Cap space and shit where ya'll think he will end up?

It looks like they're gonna get a playoff spot, hopefully they can keep up with Calgary after the moves the Flames have made.  I dont know if Forsberg would work out in vancouver......he's not havin a very good year so far, but maybe a change of scenery and hooking up with nazzy would give both of them a jumpstart.   Can the canucks even afford him? they dont have much cap space, it would have to be a rental-type deal.

And im kinda surprised ppl dont know how the fighting works, but i guess iv been around hockey my entire life and it just seems natural.  anyways.....they happen in lots of situations, but the main ones

- Usually a fight will happen to try and build momentum.....watchin someone on your team wail on the other guy really fires up the whole team, it happens more in rivalry games.  These fights can seem pretty staged just because often they'll happen right off the faceoff, and arent really in the heat of the moment.
 - its an unwritten rule to treat the stars with a bit more respect....If someone takes a run at one of your top players, ....someone's gonna go after that guy for sure.   Thats basically what started the whole Moore/Bertuzzi thing......Moore took a run at Naslund, Bertuzzi got his revenge the next game between the 2 teams

The refs let it go....probably mostly cuz its entertaining, and its the way its always been in hockey.  Although the game is much cleaner now....I dont remember the last time I saw a bench clearing brawl.   anwyays, the refs will break it up as soon as someone gets knocked over/trips/whatever.....or if its gone on for too long with nothin really happening (like if they're basically just holding on to each others jerseys)
Usually the 2 guys get offsetting majors, (5 min apiece).....but sometimes if one player obviously started it, he'll get a 2 minute instigator, 5 minutes for fighting and get kicked out of the game
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 06:44:23 AM »
it's over for the habs  :'(

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 07:25:15 AM »
it's over for the habs  :'(

i know, wtf happened i mean, i know they were only good on the pp and decent 5-5 but still they looked better then this

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 08:18:05 AM »
i dont know man, there's no chemistery between most of the players, koivu aint a leader at all, souray should be the captain, they're missing some great players to orchestrate the attack. Ain't nothin wrong with the goals though, aebisher and huet are doing the job, but sometimes it doesn't look so because the rest of the team aint doing shit

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 10:50:43 AM »
Well lets be honest, Aebisher adn HUet were doign awsome now there letting in softy therefore the mistakes arent hidden anymore. This team even wehn going good owulnt score 5-5 thats why the hole team is minus.

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:39 AM »
i dont know man, there's no chemistery between most of the players, koivu aint a leader at all, souray should be the captain, they're missing some great players to orchestrate the attack. Ain't nothin wrong with the goals though, aebisher and huet are doing the job, but sometimes it doesn't look so because the rest of the team aint doing shit

well Koivu's only had 1 goal in 20 games or somethin like that, but you cant say he's not a good leader.....any player that can play in the NHL after being as sick as he was is a hell of an inspiration, theres no way they would take the "C" from Koivu
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
Man another loss serioulsy i dont think ive seen a team crumble like this its quite amazing.

Yo westcoastin' who;s youre team?