Author Topic: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 20,032....Promotion for Detox  (Read 3404 times)

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 20,032....Promotion for Detox
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 08:55:12 AM »
I think he should do the Godfather, wearing suits and a hat thing as far as the image goes.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 08:56:30 AM »
Lets give Dre sum ideas for track titles. He should do a track called "The Final Episode".

How bout a throwback G-Funk joint called "Re-Lapse"?

G-Funk's cool but it's so 90's. To me personally it can only be a classic album if all the tracks have a sick new innovative sound.
And bout his image. Just casual, or Godfather. Definitely NOT the preppy rich white guy look.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:25:37 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 09:27:36 AM »
I think he should do the Godfather, wearing suits and a hat thing as far as the image goes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »

I could see him not doing that cause of the AM/compilation/Firm era stuff it will draw comparisons to.

a relapse album track would be sick. the final episode would be disappointing and sad regardless how hard he tried, that title is some amazing shoes to fill. the final sequel to a track that came out 15 years ago? whoah.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »
also, when you say 2001 never went number one like...the album never was number one for weekly soundscan sales or none of the singles topped the charts or what exactly are you saying? didn't the record go 6 platinum in 2 years?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
i really cant imagine him wearin like kanye or pharrell or throwback, the "30" some maybe, and definetely the godfather

8) 8) 8)
he needs to come out rockin a 5 g suit looking like a mob boss
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007, 11:10:22 AM »
I think the role snoop had on the chronic was played by snoop, Em and Hittman on 2001 (hittman didn't even geta  single, video stations rarely play the very end of videos, let alone the post song, what a joke, dre never fully believed in his marketability, probably just wanted him to flesh out the sound of he 2001 record and leave him in the dust) and to an extent xzibit/knocturnal in the whole post 2001 movement.

I think that role will be 50's(to my dismay), Em's, and Bishop's on this record with alot of sort of's with the upstarts on shady. I think snoop will be on about 4 tracks again, one or two of which will be singles...of course all speculation, just my thoughts.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007, 12:57:46 PM »
also, when you say 2001 never went number one like...the album never was number one for weekly soundscan sales or none of the singles topped the charts or what exactly are you saying? didn't the record go 6 platinum in 2 years?

-T

It was never #1 on the top 200 on the weekly Billboard album charts. It debuted at #2 behind Korn, and never got to that #1 spot. It still sold a whole lot...but there have been so many albums that didn't deserve to get that #1 spot that made it there, and 2001 never did...which shows that yeah, it had great staying power on the charts and sold a helluva lot, but that the hype alone wasn't as high as many other albums, including those that Dre led a hand to, such as The Doc, 50's albums, and Eminem's albums.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 01:01:17 PM »

I'm sure Jimmy knows what to do. He doesn't need our help.

thats what i tohught, at first i didnt wanna reply here, but i thought about and came back, and i saw this comment of Zuka.

He is right, dre is basically a fool for letting Jimmy take control of Dre's own company...back in 96 or so he could do w/e he wanted, make w/e he wanted, i doubt that will happen with detox, it will always have the interscope stamp on it to a certain degree, no matter how much you might deny it, or say its bs....

Yeah for real.....Jimmy isn't perfect, and he's had a lot of albums to "flop" according to their standards, just because "he knew what to do". And at that...I highly doubt anyone from Interscope will read through here and use our help...if so, I want my 5% off top for making the thread.

But many companies and business fail in that they don't pay attention to what the consumers want, because of the fact that they do so much research and know it all....so when their business plans fail, they look back sayin damn, we should have paid more attention to what people were saying.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 03:01:53 PM »

I'm sure Jimmy knows what to do. He doesn't need our help.

thats what i tohught, at first i didnt wanna reply here, but i thought about and came back, and i saw this comment of Zuka.

He is right, dre is basically a fool for letting Jimmy take control of Dre's own company...back in 96 or so he could do w/e he wanted, make w/e he wanted, i doubt that will happen with detox, it will always have the interscope stamp on it to a certain degree, no matter how much you might deny it, or say its bs....

Yeah for real.....Jimmy isn't perfect, and he's had a lot of albums to "flop" according to their standards, just because "he knew what to do". And at that...I highly doubt anyone from Interscope will read through here and use our help...if so, I want my 5% off top for making the thread.

But many companies and business fail in that they don't pay attention to what the consumers want, because of the fact that they do so much research and know it all....so when their business plans fail, they look back sayin damn, we should have paid more attention to what people were saying.

true

-T

It was never #1 on the top 200 on the weekly Billboard album charts. It debuted at #2 behind Korn, and never got to that #1 spot. It still sold a whole lot...but there have been so many albums that didn't deserve to get that #1 spot that made it there, and 2001 never did...which shows that yeah, it had great staying power on the charts and sold a helluva lot, but that the hype alone wasn't as high as many other albums, including those that Dre led a hand to, such as The Doc, 50's albums, and Eminem's albums.

also true, alot of people thought the single were snoop and em songs for snoop and em albums.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 02:14:06 AM »
You never know who's checkin this forum. Maybe not Dre himself but someone who knows Dre or who knows someone at Aftermath or Interscope or something. When they read something they think is cool they might tell Dre bout it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:34:40 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

XaNdEr

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 04:04:49 AM »
You never know who's checkin this forum. Maybe not Dre himself but someone who knows Dre or who knows someone at Aftermath or Interscope or something. When they read something they think is cool they might tell Dre bout it.

i dont wanna smash your dream but i dont think dre is the person to listen much to others...i think dre just does what he wants, and doesnt listen to the people *under* him when he isnt really agreeing with them...but thats my thoughts...

Chief

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 04:48:21 AM »
interscope wont listen to dubcc advice that tells them to leave 50 out of detox  ::)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 06:14:48 AM »
Wouldn't suprise me if Dre has read the forum, i have no doubt he has read dubcnn so the forum is a high possibility...he wont be using it for ideas though, just feeding off the public mindset..

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

MR_JV

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 06:25:18 AM »
i think he should drop a single with snoop, and then after detox make an album just with snoop but now im dreaming haha