Author Topic: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 20,032....Promotion for Detox  (Read 3452 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Not another Detox Thread........Pt. 20,032....Promotion for Detox
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 11:05:25 PM »
true, if he stuck with the story alter ego thing, the industry would have to step its game up cause dre would do what sticky fingaz did except it would go multi platinum, would be in your face, and you couldn't escape it-like most sht dre does.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 11:11:25 PM »
I really hope Dre still has the same plans for Detox as he had almost 3 years ago. He's talkin bout it in this article.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1453255/20020403/dr_dre.jhtml

that cat Mellowman in about two posts actually discusses some specific stuff about detox as well that I found equally interesting. Damn, I remember that MTV article and I wasn't even into hip hop much when the article was put on the mtv site

-T

yeah some peeps back then thought it was mel-man, still dunno if he is or not, if he is mel-man i doubt he knows much about detox since dre works with mark batson and dawayn parker or w/e his name is

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »
yup.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
I wonder if Dre's workin on Detox right at this moment.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2007, 12:32:55 AM »
I wonder if Dre's workin on Detox right at this moment.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +1

That's the dopest shit I've heard all day man. That's how we all feel, it was so tight to see someone just say it....damn that shit is funny.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2007, 12:39:56 AM »
Just got word that Hittman is working with Dre on Detox so he's most likely to be featured on it. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »
I was just thinking today that Dre has to work with dude again, dude is sick. as sick as bishop realistically. and I like bishop a lot, but I think hittman's equally talented.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2007, 01:04:59 AM »
Just got word that Hittman is working with Dre on Detox so he's most likely to be featured on it. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2007, 01:24:30 AM »
well, just cause hitt worked with him doesn't mean the tracks'll be put on. everyone from WC to J.R. Roten has done something for dre in this piece, who will actually be put on there is another story.

i have a feeling this info is from hitt and not from dre LOL

-T

westcoastavengers.com

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2007, 11:20:50 PM »
www.mtv.com/news/articles/1453255/20020403/dr-dre.jhtml
Dr.Dre;
"I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore,so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record trough a characther's eyes,"
Dre said,"And everybody that appears on my album is going to be a characther,so it's basically going to a hip hop musical"

Dre don't have to cancel that "story concept" album because it's a "old" idea. I think Hittman was a big part of the orginal concept,so when he left that concept died with him. I'm sure Dre & D.O.C can come up with a new "story concept". The idea of everybody involved having alter ego's could really spark some creativity and just imagine how this would inspire others to make concept albums like this and the END of those WAK INCONSISTENT ALBUMS!

In this recent interview with Ronin Ro seems to imply that this idea might be back in effect;
www.hhnlive.com/features/more/239
...Recently,he's been saying he's going to release it. And while he's done this before and failed to deliver,one difference this time is that he now has a new film deal for his imprint crucial.
So instead of just putting out a final album as a vocalist and staying behind a desk or a mix board -in essence watching others do what he still seems to like,which is rapping- he can put the album out the leap right into film,as even more visual way of expressing himself...

So could it be that Detox will be soundtrack to movie?
Maybe I'm reading to much into it?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:41:34 PM by RAIDE - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2007, 12:46:22 AM »
www.mtv.com/news/articles/1453255/20020403/dr-dre.jhtml
Dr.Dre;
"I had to come up with something different but still keep it hardcore,so what I decided to do was make my album one story about one person and just do the record trough a characther's eyes,"
Dre said,"And everybody that appears on my album is going to be a characther,so it's basically going to a hip hop musical"

Dre don't have to cancel that "story concept" album because it's a "old" idea. I think Hittman was a big part of the orginal concept,so when he left that concept died with him. I'm sure Dre & D.O.C can come up with a new "story concept". The idea of everybody involved having alter ego's could really spark some creativity and just imagine how this would inspire others to make concept albums like this and the END of those WAK INCONSISTENT ALBUMS!

In this recent interview with Ronin Ro seems to imply that this idea might be back in effect;
www.hhnlive.com/features/more/239
...Recently,he's been saying he's going to release it. And while he's done this before and failed to deliver,one difference this time is that he now has a new film deal for his imprint crucial.
So instead of just putting out a final album as a vocalist and staying behind a desk or a mix board -in essence watching others do what he still seems to like,which is rapping- he can put the album out the leap right into film,as even more visual way of expressing himself...

So could it be that Detox will be soundtrack to movie?
Maybe I'm reading to much into it?

That's what it sounds like to me! It might even be somethin like "Murder was the case"

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2007, 01:48:53 AM »
would be dope if there were a movie. i also think it would be dope if there was a lot of behind the scenes footage included with the cd, showing the making of the cd.