Author Topic: Fixing the "Doggfather" Lp  (Read 1112 times)

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Fixing the "Doggfather" Lp
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 01:26:10 AM »

WTF???  You removed OJ Wake UP?  Thats the best song on there

Also, How the fuck u gonna remove Blueberry and Snoops upside ya head?  Also 2 of the best songs on there

I would remove the skits except for the intro and I would remove Freestyle conversation

I would add Midnight Love and Eastside Party

[/quote]

I Agree Where is Wake Up ft TRAY DEEE ??? I would add Too High, Eastside Party & Midnight Love

JohnnyL

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 06:08:03 AM »
Ok, this album for right and/or wrong gets discussed heavily. I wanted fellow members to share their ideas on this. If you were in charge, what would you change to  make it better.... Production wise... promotion.etc.  I would have removed all those worthless skits(except for the intro & outro) and add the following tracks Midnight Love, Street Life along with other tracks.  Here's my ideal tracklisting:

1.Intro
2.DoggFather
3.Hit Rocks
4.Groupie
5.You Thought
6.Midnight Love
7.Up Jump Tha Boogie
8.Vapors
9.Change Gone Come
10.Doggyland
11.Upside ya head
12.Me and My Doggs
13.Gold Rush
14.Downtown Assassins
15.Street Life
16.Outro

One thing about it, something needed to be done to fix "Doggfather.," although I must admit time has been a lot kinder too it than I expected.  At first I think I didn't care for it because musically, it's a big departure from "Doggystyle."  There are actually quite a few good songs on it though.  Still, there are places where I would have made changes.  I agree that adding "Street Life" and "Midnight Love" would have gone a long way in improving the cd.  I think I also would have taken Charlie Wilson off some of the songs.  If memory serves me, it seems he overused Charlie Wilson here just like he overused Kokane on "Last Meal" and Dueces and Treys."  I also admit though, I don't have all the answers.  I'd probably have to go back and listen to it yet again to decide what changes I'd want to make and where to make them.  Off the top of my head I think maybe I would have used "May I" and "Head Doctor" somewhere on this album too.  But that's just a thought.

dexter

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 07:22:25 AM »
All I know is that I put that album on the other day for the first time in ages and was shocked at how tight it is. I guess I didn't appreciate it when it came out because I was expecting another Doggystyle. But looking back that album is dope as hell and I have been banging it the past few days non stop.
True  8)
webratsmusic.com 8)

F-cisco

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 08:17:08 AM »
Ok, this album for right and/or wrong gets discussed heavily. I wanted fellow members to share their ideas on this. If you were in charge, what would you change to  make it better.... Production wise... promotion.etc.  I would have removed all those worthless skits(except for the intro & outro) and add the following tracks Midnight Love, Street Life along with other tracks.  Here's my ideal tracklisting:

1.Intro
2.DoggFather
3.Hit Rocks
4.Groupie
5.You Thought
6.Midnight Love
7.Up Jump Tha Boogie
8.Vapors
9.Change Gone Come
10.Doggyland
11.Upside ya head
12.Me and My Doggs
13.Gold Rush
14.Downtown Assassins
15.Street Life
16.Outro

WTF???  You removed OJ Wake UP?  Thats the best song on there

Also, How the fuck u gonna remove Blueberry and Snoops upside ya head?  Also 2 of the best songs on there

I would remove the skits except for the intro and I would remove Freestyle conversation

I would add Midnight Love and Eastside Party

I felt Snoop got outshinded by his friends on this album badly; and some of the songs were just too boring for my personal taste. To make it worse he sounded disinterested.  Yes, he was trying to showcase the talents of others but he did it too much and the record suffered tremendously, it sounded like a compilation rather than a solo project... Apart from that, sound was completely off,  poor mixing and mastering job, really affects the listening experience.

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 08:22:14 AM »
The album is fine the way it is, Doggystyle was a huge album. It was hard to come off that album. But I dont have any problems wit it.
The time this album was made was a fucked up time. Court for snoop an pac die'n. A lot of crazy shit. 8)
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 08:22:54 AM »
I would not change a thing about the album.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 12:21:26 PM »
definitely his 2nd best album..

4.5/5 mics

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 12:27:50 PM »
definitely his 2nd best album..

4.5/5 mics

co-sign, Snoop's flow and lyrics were underrated too on this album, he killed Snoop Bounce, 2001, Up Jump Tha Boogie, and all the guests killed it too, Tray Dee murdered his spots :o

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 08:34:13 PM »
OJ Wake UP is my favorite song from that album

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »
you also removed "snoop bounce" thats the hardest beat on the album. you fucked up big time

WestCoasta

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »
lol at the lames who just found out this is a good cd

Narrator

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 02:31:41 AM »
you also removed "snoop bounce" thats the hardest beat on the album. you fucked up big time

That song fuckin sucks, easily the worst on the album.  You think that's a good beat?  It's just another cheap "More Bounce To The Ounce" rip-off, and that shit had been sampled to death long before "Tha Doggfather" came out.  You fucked up big time for saying that.

Al Bundy

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 02:32:33 AM »
i like the whole cd. the mixing is subpar but it's still bomb

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 03:07:41 AM »
even though it's cool that you're openly back again, your sn was way funnier as just "The Game Is Thick (No Homo)"

anyway,I think the fact that so many here disagree on how to fix it is evidence of most post dre snoop output=huge albums with a lot of different collaborators so that though all of the record won't please everyone, there will be at least a few/some songs for each fan that will really bang.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2007, 07:48:44 AM »
lol at the lames who just found out this is a good cd
:sign_werd: