Author Topic: ys the MID-WEST get no respect???  (Read 223 times)

AZ§o§a

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: ys the MID-WEST get no respect???
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »
Just an FYI...I'm listening to Tech N9ne "Everready (The Religion)" right now and diggin' it.  I listened to his shit before, but now I'm really feeling it.

that Caribou Lou track is sick... i havnt treid that drink bout it sounds like id be good as hell

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
I don't care what people think but NELLY = GOAT for R&B

haha

just haha.

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »
The funny thing is that since bone came out the midwest has always had mainstream success. Since bone its gone from them to eminem, to nelly, chingy, kanye then twista. On the underground the have had heat from tech 9, royce 5'9 and all the others mentioned. Its a mystery to why the midwest doesnt get the respect it deserves.

Jakubs

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »
The funny thing is that since bone came out the midwest has always had mainstream success. Since bone its gone from them to eminem, to nelly, chingy, kanye then twista. On the underground the have had heat from tech 9, royce 5'9 and all the others mentioned. Its a mystery to why the midwest doesnt get the respect it deserves.

I think it can be attributed to the fact that the midwest has never had more than one or two big acts in the mainstream at the same time. You mentioned 6 mainstream acts over the span of the last 13 years, not that many when compared to the other 3 regions of hip hop. I do agree that the midwest has made, and does make, some great hip hop. There are still too many people that will ignore a complete region because of foolish rap beefs, or one artist that doesn't fit their style.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake