Author Topic: I want to play devil's advocate and argue for the war in Iraq.. so let's discuss  (Read 278 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
First, let me say ofcourse that this is not my position on the war, I am just doing it for the sake of the discussion.  If I was a supporter of the Iraq invasion (which ofcourse I am not), this would be my argument for the war...

My first argument is that America had to do it to strengthen the dollar on the global market and because of competition over resources (oil) with Europe, Japan, China, and India.

Let's hear your responses and we will discuss before I put forth my next argument.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 01:38:10 PM by Shakoor Abd-Allah's Definition Of Hip-Hop »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
First, let me say ofcourse that this is not my position on the war, I am just doing it for the sake of the discussion.  If I was a supporter of the Iraq invasion (which ofcourse I am not), this would be my argument for the war...

My first argument is that America had to do it to strengthen the dollar on the global market and because of competition over resources (oil) with Europe, Japan, China, and India.

Let's hear your responses and we will discuss before I put forth my next argument.

Of course there is no moral justification for the war, but I definitely see the truth in your argument. Knowing that oil resources are limited, the US wants to be in control of the majority of oil, and Iraq was a good country to invade because: it has oil; it's adjacent to Iran; it was an easy target (because it had a dictator); because it had no economic ties with the friends of U.S; Because it's a muslim country (which makes it easty to present them as enemies); and because it's a good strategic point on the world map - it's smack in the middle of the middle east. What's next? Iran has more than 10% of the world's oil. All we can do is sit back and see what these power mongers have in stock
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I know where you are coming from but the associated press has done a number of very good articles documenting that the oil shortage is a scam. What this means is they acquire these oil reserves but restrict the supply thus increasing the price of the oil and furthering their profits. I did post an article about it perhaps you can find it in the archives or for that matter just find it on google.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Of course there is no moral justification for the war, but I definitely see the truth in your argument. Knowing that oil resources are limited, the US wants to be in control of the majority of oil, and Iraq was a good country to invade because: it has oil; it's adjacent to Iran; it was an easy target (because it had a dictator); because it had no economic ties with the friends of U.S; Because it's a muslim country (which makes it easty to present them as enemies); and because it's a good strategic point on the world map - it's smack in the middle of the middle east. What's next? Iran has more than 10% of the world's oil. All we can do is sit back and see what these power mongers have in stock

Okay, you mentioned the moral argument.  From a moral standpoint, the argument the Neo-cons should give is that they should say that if they don't do it, their competitors will.  And that will mean that China, Japan, or India will start controlling the global economy.  So the Neo-cons should justify by saying that they would rather endure the moral struggle of being the bad-guy in Iraq; then having China dictate global affairs.  Then an argument would go on to say that America is a more free and open society than China. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

I know where you are coming from but the associated press has done a number of very good articles documenting that the oil shortage is a scam. What this means is they acquire these oil reserves but restrict the supply thus increasing the price of the oil and furthering their profits. I did post an article about it perhaps you can find it in the archives or for that matter just find it on google.

That's a really good counter argument to the neo-con rhetoric.  I'll have to think of what their response should be for that.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
America is not being very smart and they're heading for destruction if they dont wake up and act right.  They preach one thing and do another and its been proven in history that no empire lasts forever no matter how strong and rich they are.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

I think the way a war supporter should respond to that is first by denying the truth of what your saying.  Then second, adding that almost all governments are corrupt out there; if not more corrupt than America's government.  And considering that America has more wealth and power than any nation in the history of the world, you can't pretend that their government wouldn't contain a little corruption. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
America is not being very smart and they're heading for destruction if they dont wake up and act right.  They preach one thing and do another and its been proven in history that no empire lasts forever no matter how strong and rich they are.

A war-supporter should respond to this by saying that it's true and possible what yoru saying.  America has always been flawed; but that still it's acted better than most governments.

Samoan Enforcer

bryan you dont have to be a war supporter to make these points. this is common sense, a point you are finally stumbling on but are too afraid to admit without "playing devils advocate"

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This would be more effective if you just "argued" for the war, instead of saying "well to that, a war supporter would say...",  with the title of the thread you implied that you'd be doing the arguing, not pointing out what someone else might say... just my 2 cents.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

bryan I think it's awesome that you now support this war.

Samoan Enforcer

bryan you really are mad that little kid took your cd's!. his friends and him probably burned them in a fire later while praying to allah...

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
u can sit here all day and guess the reasons why america invaded iraq

the truth is you'll never know

deal with it

Chief

i dont think thats what someone would argue in a debate about the iraqi war.

that could be considered a positive but it's in negative light.

liberation of the iraqi people is a positive.