Author Topic: Nominations for the 79th Academy Awards  (Read 284 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Nominations for the 79th Academy Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »
anyone see half nelson, i dunno, i didnt think it was good, gosling did an ok job, he better not win tho

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:56 AM »
anyone see half nelson, i dunno, i didnt think it was good, gosling did an ok job, he better not win tho

I wouldn't mind if he won. I don't think the film is Oscar worthy. It was a little too clche hidden in an idy style, but still there if you look for it. But I have no problem with his performance. I'd prefer Whitaker taking the nod over Gosling, but I wouldn't care at all if he beat out DiCaprio or Smith. Of course the great stroy for me would be Peter O'Toole finally taking one home. He's been up for it 7 times already and has yet to win, and he did a super job in Venus so my vote would have gone to O'Toole if I was a an Oscar voter, or one of their assistants which I've heard do most of the voting for a lot of older members that don't watch new films.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
It was a little too clche hidden in an idy style,
the best way you can describe it, you didnt like leo in blood diamond, i thought he was great, i need to see last king of sctoland and venus to judge the others

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »
It was a little too clche hidden in an idy style,
the best way you can describe it, you didnt like leo in blood diamond, i thought he was great, i need to see last king of sctoland and venus to judge the others

I didn't like Blood Diamond all that much. Felt like left wing propaganda but I thought Leo was great. It just shows how great I thought Gosling was. I'm not saying he was better. I'm saying I wouldn't be disappointed if he beat out Leo.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 05:02:18 PM »
Haven't seen half nelson, but Gosling will always be a douche for playing that bitch-ass in the Notebook. That movie made me angry
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 08:25:42 PM »
Haven't seen half nelson, but Gosling will always be a douche for playing that bitch-ass in the Notebook. That movie made me angry

I avoided that film. This guy can really act though. It wasn't just Half Nelson, a few years back he was in this film called the Believer. He played this jewish kid who joined some neo-nazi group because he hated his jewish heritage but is torn throughout the film because he loves the religion and hates it at the same time. Powerful performance.