Author Topic: 50 CENT - FUNERAL MUSIC (VIDEO) *OH SHIT*  (Read 2469 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 CENT - FUNERAL MUSIC (VIDEO) *OH SHIT*
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »
^^ Hey its the truth. Just look at the stats for lets say last 3 years, how many rappers tried to use the same beef promotion but no one gave a flying fuck.

Dude, please stop.  50 didn't blow the fuck up because of beef.  He blew the fuck up off one of the dopest Dre beats ever and he's been riding that success ever since.  Remember Ghetto Quran?  He dissed everybody in the fucking industry and gossiped like a motherfucker in that song and that sure as hell didn't equal album sales.

50 is nothing more than a fucking gimmick.  He brings nothing to the table as an artist anymore.  I don't understand how people don't see that.

You mean How To Rob right. That song got him crazy buzz but jeez you know, hmm, he was shot and almost died. Maybe but just maybe that had something with his buzz dying.

I see no point in discussing 50s music with you, we get nowhere. You hate him, I like him. The end.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2007, 03:05:04 PM »
Timboisnotdetox:

in this thread you've said things like "50 has a blueprint" and "He's been planning this for 3 months"....last time I checked most of the dudes we discuss here didn't graduate fucking high school, I don't think 50 plans such things 3 months in advance nor I do think he takes time out to draft blueprints.

dude check it, noone's saying he has no talent, noone's saying him/g unit ain't gonna be succesful, all we're saying is

He brings nothing to the table as an artist anymore. 

peace-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2007, 03:11:36 PM »
Hes a commercial rapper lol. Every commercial rapper aint doinf nothing new but sticking to the formula. And in 50s case its working yet again. Stop making him the bully and like hes the only that "doesnt bring anything new to the table". If you want that go listen to Talib Kweli. If you want entertaiment and fun music go listen to commercial rappers.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2007, 03:15:55 PM »
Hes a commercial rapper lol. Every commercial rapper aint doinf nothing new but sticking to the formula. And in 50s case its working yet again. Stop making him the bully and like hes the only that "doesnt bring anything new to the table". If you want that go listen to Talib Kweli. If you want entertaiment and fun music go listen to commercial rappers.

I see what you're saying definitely. But I think what's setting up the current mentality on it is Massacre vs. DA for example you know? You can make good mainstream rap, and perhaps 50's new joint will bang and then such discussions as this will be different. and 50 IS the bully, or rather I'd say the problem, because perhaps if dre wasn't working with him dre would be blowing someone up that's really dope. For example, 50 will get alot of hate coming his way from me and alot of us if Bishop's shit gets delayed cause 50's joint will drop with like 3-7 dre tracks in the 3rd or 4th quarter you know? That would be a direct example of 50 fucking the game up.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »
What is a rap artist's purpose?

To educate?
To make you dance?
To be your news reporter?
To be the person who lives the life that you obviously can't live anymore?

I think if we all ask ourself that question then we can understand what we appreciate.

50 cent isn't an teacher, he is not a news reporter, but he does make the women dance and lives the life that i'm jealous of lol. Appreciate him for what he is and only keep him to what he is.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2007, 03:21:49 PM »

I see what you're saying definitely. But I think what's setting up the current mentality on it is Massacre vs. DA for example you know? You can make good mainstream rap, and perhaps 50's new joint will bang and then such discussions as this will be different. and 50 IS the bully, or rather I'd say the problem, because perhaps if dre wasn't working with him dre would be blowing someone up that's really dope. For example, 50 will get alot of hate coming his way from me and alot of us if Bishop's shit gets delayed cause 50's joint will drop with like 3-7 dre tracks in the 3rd or 4th quarter you know? That would be a direct example of 50 fucking the game up.

-T

Jeez stop balming 50 for everything. Youre always bringing up Game. Well newsflash buddy, 50 is responsible that Game is in the rap game today. Think about that for a minute.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »

-T

Jeez stop balming 50 for everything. Youre always bringing up Game. Well newsflash buddy, 50 is responsible that Game is in the rap game today. Think about that for a minute.

50 was dre's way of getting Game out there, so yeah he was there, but if there was no 50 it would have been someone else. You're right, I should stop blaming 50,he's just a good example of what's wrong with shit. if it wasn't him it'd be someone else, but my whole thing is when you support his recordsm you're telling the industry you want more of that shit thus perpetuating the rut of the industry. Perhaps the bottom will fall out, we'll see his next records sales. I have to admit based on how this video blew the fuck up, he'll probably still sell a gang.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »

-T

no offense to -T, but he sounds like he is a very new rap fan.. Dre is a perfectionist, if Bishop is delayed than it will be 100% Dre's fault. Just like Game. The only reason why Documentary was released was because 50 got involved and speed the project up..

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2007, 03:29:43 PM »

-T

no offense to -T, but he sounds like he is a very new rap fan.. Dre is a perfectionist, if Bishop is delayed than it will be 100% Dre's fault. Just like Game. The only reason why Documentary was released was because 50 got involved and speed the project up..

nah, ain't new. but anyway I'm saying if dre puts alot of work into 50's album this year
a) that's time taken away from dre working with bishop
b)dre may not want to drop the albums around the same time so people will buy them both

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »

-T

nah, ain't new. but anyway I'm saying if dre puts alot of work into 50's album this year
a) that's time taken away from dre working with bishop
b)dre may not want to drop the albums around the same time so people will buy them both

-T

dre has plenty of time to work on people's music. It's just that he's a perfectionist.. He does a song.. then he wakes up at 2am and says "no, i dont like it anymore.. lets change something." Read Snoop's interview of how "Thats That" almost didn't come out b/c Dre's perfectionist.

Trust me man, Bishop probably has 30 songs recorded and in good quality ready to be released. It is Dre that delays the projects because he isn't 100% satisfied with the work. That's been his biggest 'problem' even in the Death Row days. That was the MAIN reason Game signed to G-Unit... He had music already recorded but was frustrated with the dre delay, so he signed with 50, took 2 more songs from him and then 50 released it.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »
so Game was on AM and almost got dropped until he got with G Unit is the official story?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2007, 03:46:06 PM »
so Game was on AM and almost got dropped until he got with G Unit is the official story?

-T

i don't know if he was almost dropped from AM. He was on AM for a long time with recorded music and there was no push for his solo to come out until 50 Cent hopped on the project and gave him 2 left over songs from Massacre.

Think of it this way, he was on AM from 2003, and his album didn't get released until 2005..
Bishop lamont signed in late 2005 and his album will be released late 2007. 2 years to make 15 songs??

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »

-T

i don't know if he was almost dropped from AM. He was on AM for a long time with recorded music and there was no push for his solo to come out until 50 Cent hopped on the project and gave him 2 left over songs from Massacre.

Think of it this way, he was on AM from 2003, and his album didn't get released until 2005..
Bishop lamont signed in late 2005 and his album will be released late 2007. 2 years to make 15 songs??

which two songs on game's shit were massacre leftovers?

also, bishop will drop in 08 if 50 wants dre on his shit. yeah it's dre's long time taking ass that is the over all problem but the fact remains 50's shit is more stress for dre that will distract him from  putting bishop out.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2007, 03:56:42 PM »

-T

which two songs on game's shit were massacre leftovers?

also, bishop will drop in 08 if 50 wants dre on his shit. yeah it's dre's long time taking ass that is the over all problem but the fact remains 50's shit is more stress for dre that will distract him from  putting bishop out.

-T

like i said man, you must be new to this rap thing. Why do you even need to ask which songs were massacre leftovers? Take a guess.. Which songs sound like they should of been the massacre?

lol why do you make it sound like 50 Cent is Dre's distraction? I'm pretty sure it's a 100% mutual respect between the two if 50 wants Dre to produce on his album.. Keep in mind that Dre makes money off 50 so why would he not want 50 to release the best material? And just to 'remind' you of Dre's working habits, he ALWAYS prefer the seasoned artists over the new artists.. But you know that, you've been following them for awhile now.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2007, 03:59:54 PM »
^^ Hey its the truth. Just look at the stats for lets say last 3 years, how many rappers tried to use the same beef promotion but no one gave a flying fuck.

Dude, please stop.  50 didn't blow the fuck up because of beef.  He blew the fuck up off one of the dopest Dre beats ever and he's been riding that success ever since.  Remember Ghetto Quran?  He dissed everybody in the fucking industry and gossiped like a motherfucker in that song and that sure as hell didn't equal album sales.

50 is nothing more than a fucking gimmick.  He brings nothing to the table as an artist anymore.  I don't understand how people don't see that.

You mean How To Rob right. That song got him crazy buzz but jeez you know, hmm, he was shot and almost died. Maybe but just maybe that had something with his buzz dying.

I see no point in discussing 50s music with you, we get nowhere. You hate him, I like him. The end.

Yeah my bad. I meant "How To Rob". I'm hungover.  

And my point is not that 50 sucks.  It's that I think all you do is read some hype about an album on another site and then come back here and start spouting all that hype shit.  You don't make a distinction on what's really dope, you basically just follow whatever the big hype shit is.  And I'm not even dissing you because you report mad news to us.  I just get the feeling that you don't really have any of your own opinions, you just hear other people calling songs "bangers" and report it as that.  Like whatever is pushing the most units is what you think is the best or something.  Well that and anything G-Unit.

You're saying that "How To Rob" got him a crazy buzz?  I def wouldn't go that far.  He did that joint in like 99 and nobody (fanwise) really gave a fuck.  It gave him such a huge buzz that Columbia never released his album, lol.   I'd be willing to bet that almost nobody on these boards even listened to "How To Rob" till after GRODT dropped.