Author Topic: 50 CENT - FUNERAL MUSIC (VIDEO) *OH SHIT*  (Read 2484 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 CENT - FUNERAL MUSIC (VIDEO) *OH SHIT*
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2007, 09:21:16 AM »
^^ Exactly. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, 50s diss is weak BUT so is Cams. Theres bascially the same. 50 "won" round 1 simply because of the huge impact the song/video had. Nobody got owned or anything.

But to say 50s track sucks and Cams is the shit is just too funny.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2007, 09:24:51 AM »
^^ Exactly. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, 50s diss is weak BUT so is Cams. Theres bascially the same. 50 "won" round 1 simply because of the huge impact the song/video had. Nobody got owned or anything.

you are trippen homie, Cam had lyrics for days in his track,he destroyed 50 in round 1

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »

and I think Jrome is saying that just cause that's what 50 is doesn't mean he's the dopest/good at it.

-T

Right.  Fucking Vanilla Ice was more lyrical on Ice Ice Baby than 50 has been on his last few singles.

but vanilla ice didn't write  his own music.. ask Suge Knight about that.

let me ask you a question. What do you want out of a rapper? What should a rapper's purpose be?

Well then 50 needs to hire Vanilla's ghost writer.  

As for your question - a rapper's purpose or an MC's purpose?  I'm guessing you don't differentiate the two.  I view an MC as an artist first and foremost.  But don't get me twisted.  There's been tons of MC's in the underground and the mainstream, and MC's who have had mega success and MC's who haven't been successful.  MC's used to be heard on the radio all the time.  

I view a rapper as nothing more than a hustler.  They found a hustle that they can exploit.  Just like slangin dope or bubblegum in grade school.  

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2007, 10:54:35 AM »
^^ Your way off about me listening to others which tracks are dope and which aint. If anything my opinion most of the time is completley off considering general opinion. I said this diss is weak, despite its getting props elsewhere (surprisingly).

I think you really "dislike" 50. I mean hes completley off your music taste (nothing wrong with that), yet youre leaving (of course) negative comments about him in every chance/thread you get.

But its just opinions, like Ive said before, are views here are completley different and no need for arguing over it.

LOL @ 50 being off of my musical scale.  I've told you numerous times in the past that I bought GRODT and I have 50 cent songs on my hard drive.  He was on point prior to The Massacre.  Hell he's even done a couple songs since then that weren't too bad.  But the vast majority has been crap, you're just too caught up in all the hype that you don't see it.  That or you don't have an ear for it anyway.

The whole "I used to like him but now _ (add a commercial rapper) he sucks, so I can talk shit about him" is getting to old on this forum.

From the second this beef started I knew where you'd be standing. 50 drops a weak record and you write a whole essey about why it sucks. Cam also drops a weak record but wait, hes got puinchilnes for days and completley shits on this. Lol. Anyone that cant see that both of this tracks are weak and the only good thing is the trash talking at the end is just being biased. And now all of a sudden your checking Cams interviews too ? And saying stuff like how funny he is, when 2 weeks ago you couldnt care less about him.

Ah well, maybe its just me  :-X

Your constant 50 cent deepthroating is getting old on this forum.  Everbody here knows you're a groupie.  Didn't you win some award or something?It's not my fault you're too ignorant to see how much 50 fell off after GRODT.  I'm just trying to help you out.  

2 weeks ago I didn't care about Cam?  Where the fuck are coming up with this?  Check my post history and you'll see my comments on Cam and Dipset.  You're now completely talking out of your ass.  I've been bumpin his shit since fuckin Horse & Carriage.  But at the same time, I haven't been a fan of everything he's done and I'll say something's wack if it is.  And LOL @ "all of a sudden you're checking Cam's interviews".  If there's an interview that involves Cam or Jimmy I check it everytime.  Dudes need their own reality show because they're hilarious.  But anyway, keep making shit up and frontin on a message board. :-X

My whole point. 50 DOES fit this category but people often forget there are 1000 other rappers that fit the same category.

Who the fuck forgets that?  They all suck too.  You think 50 cent is the only one doing this?  Fuck no.  He just gets the most attention because he happened to get one of the greatest Hip Hop productions ever w/ "In Da Club" and it made him a superstar. 

And you ducked my question so I'll ask again.  What is your definition of a "commercial" rapper?

rik

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »
+1 to Jrome.

Most everything you've said in this thread is real shit.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »
lol at those dudes at 50 house with rags on they face throwin up bloods.   :D

actaully, i have heard worse from 50.  new york is getting very interesting again!  ;D

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »
Your constant 50 cent deepthroating is getting old on this forum.  Everbody here knows you're a groupie.  Didn't you win some award or something?It's not my fault you're too ignorant to see how much 50 fell off after GRODT.  I'm just trying to help you out.

All of because of what I said about Game, without one "fuck Gayme", all with statements that are backed up by arguments, without ever calling "fucking wack." Me "winning" that just proved me that I struck peoples nerves.

Its these bloody double standards. People like 50, Jay, Em get hated on here 24/7 and people just post "lol" or "cosign" but when somebody says something bad about Game or something good about 50 hes either a dickrdyer or a groupie. Check the facts: Jome was getting hate when he gave a fuck about this, King Brant is being called a groupie every post he gets and Ill never forget how LBC 213 got called a GUnit groupie, when he backed them once and he hates them.

You calling me a groupie right now is another sad example. Did I start making "fuck Camron" threads like Dipset fans do ? No. Did I take sides ? No. Did I say stuff like "I havent even heard the songs but I hate 50 so much Im riding with Dipset" ? No.

About 50s "after GRODT era." People are quick to hate when peopel make it. After the GRODT era people only concentraded on the bad things 50 did and the bad songs 50 created. I'll bet you this second if 50 Cent released POTD today, with the exact same songs he would get hated on.

2 weeks ago I didn't care about Cam?  Where the fuck are coming up with this?  Check my post history and you'll see my comments on Cam and Dipset.  You're now completely talking out of your ass.  I've been bumpin his shit since fuckin Horse & Carriage.  But at the same time, I haven't been a fan of everything he's done and I'll say something's wack if it is.  And LOL @ "all of a sudden you're checking Cam's interviews".  If there's an interview that involves Cam or Jimmy I check it everytime.  Dudes need their own reality show because they're hilarious.  But anyway, keep making shit up and frontin on a message board.

Ok, if thats true my bad, I didnt know that. I cant remember seing you post in Dipset related threads before but I could be wrong.

But still:

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, 50s diss is weak BUT so is Cams. Theres bascially the same. 50 "won" round 1 simply because of the huge impact the song/video had. Nobody got owned or anything.

He just gets the most attention because he happened to get one of the greatest Hip Hop productions ever w/ "In Da Club" and it made him a superstar. 

It as in the beat made him a superstard ? Youve gotta be kidding me. 50 made 50 a superstar. If that beat went to D12 like it was planned, it would have been nothing but your average cd joint. 50 killed that joint and it will probably go down as one of the best club joints in hip hop history.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
^^ Your way off about me listening to others which tracks are dope and which aint. If anything my opinion most of the time is completley off considering general opinion. I said this diss is weak, despite its getting props elsewhere (surprisingly).

I think you really "dislike" 50. I mean hes completley off your music taste (nothing wrong with that), yet youre leaving (of course) negative comments about him in every chance/thread you get.

But its just opinions, like Ive said before, are views here are completley different and no need for arguing over it.

LOL @ 50 being off of my musical scale.  I've told you numerous times in the past that I bought GRODT and I have 50 cent songs on my hard drive.  He was on point prior to The Massacre.  Hell he's even done a couple songs since then that weren't too bad.  But the vast majority has been crap, you're just too caught up in all the hype that you don't see it.  That or you don't have an ear for it anyway.

The whole "I used to like him but now _ (add a commercial rapper) he sucks, so I can talk shit about him" is getting to old on this forum.

From the second this beef started I knew where you'd be standing. 50 drops a weak record and you write a whole essey about why it sucks. Cam also drops a weak record but wait, hes got puinchilnes for days and completley shits on this. Lol. Anyone that cant see that both of this tracks are weak and the only good thing is the trash talking at the end is just being biased. And now all of a sudden your checking Cams interviews too ? And saying stuff like how funny he is, when 2 weeks ago you couldnt care less about him.

Ah well, maybe its just me  :-X

LMAO!!! dude, the fans are tired of rappers that fall off after succes! You're so pro-industry, you're like the Republican party of hip hop. But it's funny, so you're actually just the Stephen Colbert of Dubcnn.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »

and I think Jrome is saying that just cause that's what 50 is doesn't mean he's the dopest/good at it.

-T

Right.  Fucking Vanilla Ice was more lyrical on Ice Ice Baby than 50 has been on his last few singles.

let me ask you a question. What do you want out of a rapper? What should a rapper's purpose be?

As for your question - a rapper's purpose or an MC's purpose?  I'm guessing you don't differentiate the two.  I view an MC as an artist first and foremost.  But don't get me twisted.  There's been tons of MC's in the underground and the mainstream, and MC's who have had mega success and MC's who haven't been successful.  MC's used to be heard on the radio all the time.  

I view a rapper as nothing more than a hustler.  They found a hustle that they can exploit.  Just like slangin dope or bubblegum in grade school.  

well vanilla's ghost writers are suge's people since suge did get paid for those tracks to make Death Row Records ;)

but maybe u didn't understand my question. My question was what purpose a rapper has in your life?

See.. some people want their artist to be an educator, some want them to be an entertainer, some want them to be a politician, a newsreporter, or the representative of their alter-ego fantasy world.. etc.

a MC aka Master of Ceremonies (and Mic controller) role was to keep the party/events entertained and flowing.  in hip hop, the dj would play a track and the MC would entertain the parties and make people dance.

So now that you understand my question, please answer.. Because i think some people want rappers to educate them and get disappointed when they come across a rapper who wants to make girls dance. Then some rappers wanna be a newsreporter, but they aint fitting the fans' alter-ego of being a 'hustler' or gang banger.

:)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2007, 04:36:37 PM »

-T

well vanilla's ghost writers are suge's people since suge did get paid for those tracks to make Death Row Records ;)

but maybe u didn't understand my question. My question was what purpose a rapper has in your life?

See.. some people want their artist to be an educator, some want them to be an entertainer, some want them to be a politician, a newsreporter, or the representative of their alter-ego fantasy world.. etc.

a MC aka Master of Ceremonies (and Mic controller) role was to keep the party/events entertained and flowing.  in hip hop, the dj would play a track and the MC would entertain the parties and make people dance.

So now that you understand my question, please answer.. Because i think some people want rappers to educate them and get disappointed when they come across a rapper who wants to make girls dance. Then some rappers wanna be a newsreporter, but they aint fitting the fans' alter-ego of being a 'hustler' or gang banger.

:stupid:

You gotta slow down and listen to what I'm saying.  It has NOTHING to do with making party & bullshit type of records.  I'm not some fuckin square who doesn't get down to that shit.  I know a good party & bullshit record when I hear it.  I'm multi-faceted when it comes to Hip Hop.  50 used to be good at making those records.  But he's not much more than a gimmick now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 04:38:11 PM by Jrome Is The Truth »

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »

-T

You gotta slow down and listen to what I'm saying.  It has NOTHING to do with making party & bullshit type of records.  I'm not some fuckin square who doesn't get down to that shit.  I know a good party & bullshit record when I hear it.  I'm multi-faceted when it comes to Hip Hop.  50 used to be good at making those records.  But he's not much more than a gimmick now.

that's where you may be conflicting yourself.

what's 50's gimmick? Is it to make music to make people dance?

What's the difference between him and MC Hammer? or many many many rappers that are gimmicks?

and last but not least, what's wrong with a rapper being a gimmick? Why does this cause a problem for you?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »
Your constant 50 cent deepthroating is getting old on this forum.  Everbody here knows you're a groupie.  Didn't you win some award or something?It's not my fault you're too ignorant to see how much 50 fell off after GRODT.  I'm just trying to help you out.

All of because of what I said about Game, without one "fuck Gayme", all with statements that are backed up by arguments, without ever calling "fucking wack." Me "winning" that just proved me that I struck peoples nerves.

Its these bloody double standards. People like 50, Jay, Em get hated on here 24/7 and people just post "lol" or "cosign" but when somebody says something bad about Game or something good about 50 hes either a dickrdyer or a groupie. Check the facts: Jome was getting hate when he gave a fuck about this, King Brant is being called a groupie every post he gets and Ill never forget how LBC 213 got called a GUnit groupie, when he backed them once and he hates them.

What you fail to realize is that 50, Jay, & Em all just put out argueably the worst albums of their respective careers.  So sure, there's blind haters that dislike Jay because Cam does, but there's also people that dislike his album because it's fucking wack compared to the majority of his discography. 

About 50s "after GRODT era." People are quick to hate when peopel make it. After the GRODT era people only concentraded on the bad things 50 did and the bad songs 50 created. I'll bet you this second if 50 Cent released POTD today, with the exact same songs he would get hated on.

50 chose to release "Candy Shop", "Just a Lil Bit", and "Outta Control rmx" as The Massacre singles.  CS & JALB were horrible songs.  Outta Control was saved by the fact that Dre remixed it.  Without that fact, you just get a 3rd single that was as forgettable as the first two.

He just gets the most attention because he happened to get one of the greatest Hip Hop productions ever w/ "In Da Club" and it made him a superstar. 

It as in the beat made him a superstard ? Youve gotta be kidding me. 50 made 50 a superstar. If that beat went to D12 like it was planned, it would have been nothing but your average cd joint. 50 killed that joint and it will probably go down as one of the best club joints in hip hop history.

LMAO!!!! You're making rookie mistakes here man...   Just like Snoop made Snoop a star, just like Eminem made Eminem a star, just like Game made Game a star, the list goes fucking on and on and on and on.  Have you not been paying attention for the last 20 years?  Look at how many artists are at their absolute peak when Dr. Dre is involved in their projects.  He's been THE common denominator in some of the biggest albums in the last 20 years.  But keep belieiving 50 made 50 a superstar :grumpy:

And it's undoubtedly one of the best club joints in history. When you say that D-12 would have released it and it would have just been average, that's pure speculation.  I believe it would have absolutely been a hit. 

But say d-12 does use it?  What would 50 have used for his lead single?  Do you think it would have had NEAR the impact that "In Da Club" had?  HELL NO.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »

-T

that's where you may be conflicting yourself.

what's 50's gimmick? Is it to make music to make people dance?

What's the difference between him and MC Hammer? or many many many rappers that are gimmicks?

and last but not least, what's wrong with a rapper being a gimmick? Why does this cause a problem for you?

Everybody's got a gimmick.  But do they have anything after that gimmick?  Because after people start to see your gimmick, they're gonna get bored real quick.  And if you don't have any redeeming value musically, it's gonna translate into slumping popularity / sales in the music industry.  And the industry is feeling those effects right now.  They're trying to market their "artists" more as celebrities than musicians.  It's all hype.  People are constantly fed bullshit hype about these "artists" and they eat it right up without even realizing it.

It's now commonplace to not have much if any musical talent in the mainstream music world.  It's now more important on what you're wearing, who's your producer, who you're featuring on the track, your latest beef, your latest arrest, your latest publicity stunt, what you drive, where you live, how many albums you sold, etc.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »
A few of my observations:

1) Wow that was horrible.  
2) Cam must have really affected him to get him to not only record a song, but shoot a vid as well.
3) He's really nervous about Buck's album flopping because he's trying to promote along with this song.  He didn't do this for Banks or Yayo.
4) The hook was god awful.  How can he hear that and think it's not corny as shit?
5) The beat wasn't bad.
6) He's obviously trying to cause friction amonst the Dips basically calling Jimmy the Don and Juelz Capo.  I don't think it's gonna work.
7) I'm ready to hear Cam over a Heatmakerz beat with retaliation.
8) I'm ready to see Jimmy on Youtube responding.  This will be fun.

btw, is there any chance that Jimmy and Juelz stay neutral?

LOL...that's the same way I feel. I don't see how they could stay neutral, he dissed them by saying "I'm not gonna destroy dipset".

Yeah he's dissing Cam but not dissing The rest...smart that way Dipset will destroy within itself if they not carefull, damn he even props them ballllllllin

SGV

« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »
In comparison, both records aren't the greatest records of all times. But, in terms of diss records, meaning which song had more sting to it... How can anyone say 50's? What did he say to hurt Cam? Nothing. Yes, we understand, people think both songs are wack. But, as I'm sure most people are stating, Cam had more punchlines directed at 50... Which is what a diss record is about!!

What pisses me off the most is that people will defend their favorite rapper by bringing up old songs. For example, Kurupt releases a garbage track and someone says it's wack. A groupie will then say "Well he can make great songs! He's still dope. Look at what he did on Dogg Food..." Knowingly that, 1995 Kurupt is not the same as 2007 Kurupt. Eminem puts out a garbage club record and when people diss it, a groupie will say "Well look at what he did on SSLP or MMLP!!!" Knowingly that it's two different Eminems....

That's what's happening now. 50 put out a garbage diss record and people call him out on it and what do groupies do? "Well he makes good diss records! Look at 'Backdown.'" Keep in mind, diss records like "Window Shopper" held no wait. It was just 50 flossing his wallet and most rappers didn't care. His only real hard diss record was a song like "Backdown." But that 50 and this 50 are NOT the same. People need to realize that and come into the now...

By the way, why do people keep bringing up that 50 "writes two lines about a person and then that person spends all year dissing him"???? Did 50 not just make, not only a song, but a video about Cam?? LMAO. Don't dare come in this thread with that bullshit...