Author Topic: 50 CENT - FUNERAL MUSIC (VIDEO) *OH SHIT*  (Read 2461 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 CENT - FUNERAL MUSIC (VIDEO) *OH SHIT*
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2007, 04:41:53 AM »
Your constant 50 cent deepthroating is getting old on this forum.  Everbody here knows you're a groupie.  Didn't you win some award or something?It's not my fault you're too ignorant to see how much 50 fell off after GRODT.  I'm just trying to help you out.

All of because of what I said about Game, without one "fuck Gayme", all with statements that are backed up by arguments, without ever calling "fucking wack." Me "winning" that just proved me that I struck peoples nerves.

Its these bloody double standards. People like 50, Jay, Em get hated on here 24/7 and people just post "lol" or "cosign" but when somebody says something bad about Game or something good about 50 hes either a dickrdyer or a groupie. Check the facts: Jome was getting hate when he gave a fuck about this, King Brant is being called a groupie every post he gets and Ill never forget how LBC 213 got called a GUnit groupie, when he backed them once and he hates them.

What you fail to realize is that 50, Jay, & Em all just put out argueably the worst albums of their respective careers.  So sure, there's blind haters that dislike Jay because Cam does, but there's also people that dislike his album because it's fucking wack compared to the majority of his discography. 

About 50s "after GRODT era." People are quick to hate when peopel make it. After the GRODT era people only concentraded on the bad things 50 did and the bad songs 50 created. I'll bet you this second if 50 Cent released POTD today, with the exact same songs he would get hated on.

50 chose to release "Candy Shop", "Just a Lil Bit", and "Outta Control rmx" as The Massacre singles.  CS & JALB were horrible songs.  Outta Control was saved by the fact that Dre remixed it.  Without that fact, you just get a 3rd single that was as forgettable as the first two.

He just gets the most attention because he happened to get one of the greatest Hip Hop productions ever w/ "In Da Club" and it made him a superstar. 

It as in the beat made him a superstard ? Youve gotta be kidding me. 50 made 50 a superstar. If that beat went to D12 like it was planned, it would have been nothing but your average cd joint. 50 killed that joint and it will probably go down as one of the best club joints in hip hop history.

LMAO!!!! You're making rookie mistakes here man...   Just like Snoop made Snoop a star, just like Eminem made Eminem a star, just like Game made Game a star, the list goes fucking on and on and on and on.  Have you not been paying attention for the last 20 years?  Look at how many artists are at their absolute peak when Dr. Dre is involved in their projects.  He's been THE common denominator in some of the biggest albums in the last 20 years.  But keep belieiving 50 made 50 a superstar :grumpy:

And it's undoubtedly one of the best club joints in history. When you say that D-12 would have released it and it would have just been average, that's pure speculation.  I believe it would have absolutely been a hit. 

But say d-12 does use it?  What would 50 have used for his lead single?  Do you think it would have had NEAR the impact that "In Da Club" had?  HELL NO.

What I meant with that comment is that 50 sure as hell didnt relly on Dre and Em to make him blow up. I mean 50 released an album 3 months after he was signed. 3 months! If that doesnt tell you something that I dont know what does. It takes artist 3 years to release a cd on Aftermath. 50s husteled like crazy, he was EVERYWHERE. Now sure Im not saying Dre had nothing to do with it, Im saying he didnt have near as much to do with it as with other artists on his label.

50 had plenty of single material on GRODT: If I Cant, P.I.M.P., Wanksta, Like My Style.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2007, 06:44:53 AM »

and I think Jrome is saying that just cause that's what 50 is doesn't mean he's the dopest/good at it.

-T

Right.  Fucking Vanilla Ice was more lyrical on Ice Ice Baby than 50 has been on his last few singles.

but vanilla ice didn't write  his own music.. ask Suge Knight about that.

let me ask you a question. What do you want out of a rapper? What should a rapper's purpose be?

Well then 50 needs to hire Vanilla's ghost writer.  

As for your question - a rapper's purpose or an MC's purpose?  I'm guessing you don't differentiate the two.  I view an MC as an artist first and foremost.  But don't get me twisted.  There's been tons of MC's in the underground and the mainstream, and MC's who have had mega success and MC's who haven't been successful.  MC's used to be heard on the radio all the time.  

I view a rapper as nothing more than a hustler.  They found a hustle that they can exploit.  Just like slangin dope or bubblegum in grade school.  

well vanilla's ghost writers are suge's people since suge did get paid for those tracks to make Death Row Records ;)

but maybe u didn't understand my question. My question was what purpose a rapper has in your life?

See.. some people want their artist to be an educator, some want them to be an entertainer, some want them to be a politician, a newsreporter, or the representative of their alter-ego fantasy world.. etc.

a MC aka Master of Ceremonies (and Mic controller) role was to keep the party/events entertained and flowing.  in hip hop, the dj would play a track and the MC would entertain the parties and make people dance.

So now that you understand my question, please answer.. Because i think some people want rappers to educate them and get disappointed when they come across a rapper who wants to make girls dance. Then some rappers wanna be a newsreporter, but they aint fitting the fans' alter-ego of being a 'hustler' or gang banger.

:)

:stupid:

You gotta slow down and listen to what I'm saying.  It has NOTHING to do with making party & bullshit type of records.  I'm not some fuckin square who doesn't get down to that shit.  I know a good party & bullshit record when I hear it.  I'm multi-faceted when it comes to Hip Hop.  50 used to be good at making those records.  But he's not much more than a gimmick now.

that's where you may be conflicting yourself.

what's 50's gimmick? Is it to make music to make people dance?

What's the difference between him and MC Hammer? or many many many rappers that are gimmicks?

and last but not least, what's wrong with a rapper being a gimmick? Why does this cause a problem for you?

Everybody's got a gimmick.  But do they have anything after that gimmick?  Because after people start to see your gimmick, they're gonna get bored real quick.  And if you don't have any redeeming value musically, it's gonna translate into slumping popularity / sales in the music industry.  And the industry is feeling those effects right now.  They're trying to market their "artists" more as celebrities than musicians.  It's all hype.  People are constantly fed bullshit hype about these "artists" and they eat it right up without even realizing it.

It's now commonplace to not have much if any musical talent in the mainstream music world.  It's now more important on what you're wearing, who's your producer, who you're featuring on the track, your latest beef, your latest arrest, your latest publicity stunt, what you drive, where you live, how many albums you sold, etc.

very good point. i understand where you are coming from.

so knowing this, why are you even in this thread? I mean, you can't really say that Cam doesn't fit the 'gimmick' either considering he has marketed himself to fit everything you just described.

My point is that some people's gimmicks is to make people be entertained. I read your other posts and you may not of enjoyed "JALB" or "Candy Shop" but some other people do. That's what they play at the clubs to make the women come to the dance floor and shake their bodies.. That's the type of music that you play at a wedding, at a bbq etc. Mainstream is meant for the mainstream. Nobody is trying to play some underground music in public.

So as much as i respect the artistic styles of the De La Souls for their creativity, i also gotta respect the MC Hammers out there for making the party jump off. I know, i took it back.. But i hope u understand that.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »

and I think Jrome is saying that just cause that's what 50 is doesn't mean he's the dopest/good at it.

-T

Right.  Fucking Vanilla Ice was more lyrical on Ice Ice Baby than 50 has been on his last few singles.

but vanilla ice didn't write  his own music.. ask Suge Knight about that.

let me ask you a question. What do you want out of a rapper? What should a rapper's purpose be?

Well then 50 needs to hire Vanilla's ghost writer.  

As for your question - a rapper's purpose or an MC's purpose?  I'm guessing you don't differentiate the two.  I view an MC as an artist first and foremost.  But don't get me twisted.  There's been tons of MC's in the underground and the mainstream, and MC's who have had mega success and MC's who haven't been successful.  MC's used to be heard on the radio all the time.  

I view a rapper as nothing more than a hustler.  They found a hustle that they can exploit.  Just like slangin dope or bubblegum in grade school.  

well vanilla's ghost writers are suge's people since suge did get paid for those tracks to make Death Row Records ;)

but maybe u didn't understand my question. My question was what purpose a rapper has in your life?

See.. some people want their artist to be an educator, some want them to be an entertainer, some want them to be a politician, a newsreporter, or the representative of their alter-ego fantasy world.. etc.

a MC aka Master of Ceremonies (and Mic controller) role was to keep the party/events entertained and flowing.  in hip hop, the dj would play a track and the MC would entertain the parties and make people dance.

So now that you understand my question, please answer.. Because i think some people want rappers to educate them and get disappointed when they come across a rapper who wants to make girls dance. Then some rappers wanna be a newsreporter, but they aint fitting the fans' alter-ego of being a 'hustler' or gang banger.

:)

:stupid:

You gotta slow down and listen to what I'm saying.  It has NOTHING to do with making party & bullshit type of records.  I'm not some fuckin square who doesn't get down to that shit.  I know a good party & bullshit record when I hear it.  I'm multi-faceted when it comes to Hip Hop.  50 used to be good at making those records.  But he's not much more than a gimmick now.

that's where you may be conflicting yourself.

what's 50's gimmick? Is it to make music to make people dance?

What's the difference between him and MC Hammer? or many many many rappers that are gimmicks?

and last but not least, what's wrong with a rapper being a gimmick? Why does this cause a problem for you?

Everybody's got a gimmick.  But do they have anything after that gimmick?  Because after people start to see your gimmick, they're gonna get bored real quick.  And if you don't have any redeeming value musically, it's gonna translate into slumping popularity / sales in the music industry.  And the industry is feeling those effects right now.  They're trying to market their "artists" more as celebrities than musicians.  It's all hype.  People are constantly fed bullshit hype about these "artists" and they eat it right up without even realizing it.

It's now commonplace to not have much if any musical talent in the mainstream music world.  It's now more important on what you're wearing, who's your producer, who you're featuring on the track, your latest beef, your latest arrest, your latest publicity stunt, what you drive, where you live, how many albums you sold, etc.

very good point. i understand where you are coming from.

so knowing this, why are you even in this thread? I mean, you can't really say that Cam doesn't fit the 'gimmick' either considering he has marketed himself to fit everything you just described.

My point is that some people's gimmicks is to make people be entertained. I read your other posts and you may not of enjoyed "JALB" or "Candy Shop" but some other people do. That's what they play at the clubs to make the women come to the dance floor and shake their bodies.. That's the type of music that you play at a wedding, at a bbq etc. Mainstream is meant for the mainstream. Nobody is trying to play some underground music in public.

So as much as i respect the artistic styles of the De La Souls for their creativity, i also gotta respect the MC Hammers out there for making the party jump off. I know, i took it back.. But i hope u understand that.

Again, it's not about Underground vs. Mainstream.  It has nothing to do with subject matter of a song.  It has nothing to do with the genre.  It's all about the execution.  Even when cats were doing love songs, club songs, etc they still kept their integrity as an MC back in the day.  Listen to "Ice Ice Baby", listen to "Cant Touch This",  and tell me both of those cats don't ride a beat better or flow better than 50 cent on his commercial shit post GRODT.  Those dudes at least had addictive flows.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »
Your constant 50 cent deepthroating is getting old on this forum.  Everbody here knows you're a groupie.  Didn't you win some award or something?It's not my fault you're too ignorant to see how much 50 fell off after GRODT.  I'm just trying to help you out.

All of because of what I said about Game, without one "fuck Gayme", all with statements that are backed up by arguments, without ever calling "fucking wack." Me "winning" that just proved me that I struck peoples nerves.

Its these bloody double standards. People like 50, Jay, Em get hated on here 24/7 and people just post "lol" or "cosign" but when somebody says something bad about Game or something good about 50 hes either a dickrdyer or a groupie. Check the facts: Jome was getting hate when he gave a fuck about this, King Brant is being called a groupie every post he gets and Ill never forget how LBC 213 got called a GUnit groupie, when he backed them once and he hates them.

What you fail to realize is that 50, Jay, & Em all just put out argueably the worst albums of their respective careers.  So sure, there's blind haters that dislike Jay because Cam does, but there's also people that dislike his album because it's fucking wack compared to the majority of his discography. 

About 50s "after GRODT era." People are quick to hate when peopel make it. After the GRODT era people only concentraded on the bad things 50 did and the bad songs 50 created. I'll bet you this second if 50 Cent released POTD today, with the exact same songs he would get hated on.

50 chose to release "Candy Shop", "Just a Lil Bit", and "Outta Control rmx" as The Massacre singles.  CS & JALB were horrible songs.  Outta Control was saved by the fact that Dre remixed it.  Without that fact, you just get a 3rd single that was as forgettable as the first two.

He just gets the most attention because he happened to get one of the greatest Hip Hop productions ever w/ "In Da Club" and it made him a superstar. 

It as in the beat made him a superstard ? Youve gotta be kidding me. 50 made 50 a superstar. If that beat went to D12 like it was planned, it would have been nothing but your average cd joint. 50 killed that joint and it will probably go down as one of the best club joints in hip hop history.

LMAO!!!! You're making rookie mistakes here man...   Just like Snoop made Snoop a star, just like Eminem made Eminem a star, just like Game made Game a star, the list goes fucking on and on and on and on.  Have you not been paying attention for the last 20 years?  Look at how many artists are at their absolute peak when Dr. Dre is involved in their projects.  He's been THE common denominator in some of the biggest albums in the last 20 years.  But keep belieiving 50 made 50 a superstar :grumpy:

And it's undoubtedly one of the best club joints in history. When you say that D-12 would have released it and it would have just been average, that's pure speculation.  I believe it would have absolutely been a hit. 

But say d-12 does use it?  What would 50 have used for his lead single?  Do you think it would have had NEAR the impact that "In Da Club" had?  HELL NO.

What I meant with that comment is that 50 sure as hell didnt relly on Dre and Em to make him blow up. I mean 50 released an album 3 months after he was signed. 3 months! If that doesnt tell you something that I dont know what does. It takes artist 3 years to release a cd on Aftermath. 50s husteled like crazy, he was EVERYWHERE. Now sure Im not saying Dre had nothing to do with it, Im saying he didnt have near as much to do with it as with other artists on his label.

50 had plenty of single material on GRODT: If I Cant, P.I.M.P., Wanksta, Like My Style.

If 50 doesn't have Dr. Dre and "In Da Club" he's lucky if he ever releases an album on a major, let alone go platinum.  50 was absolutely no different than every other NY rapper prior to him signing to Shady / Aftermath.  If you really believe that Dre and Em didn't blow him up I don't really know what to tell you.  I'm just saying I've seen this pattern with dozens of other rappers that Dre works with.   And each and every rapper walks away thinking they're the baddest motherfucker on earth, that they really know what it takes to make dope records.  But keep thinking 50 is more responsible than Dre, I'll just keep  :grumpy:

rik

« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2007, 10:20:24 PM »

If 50 doesn't have Dr. Dre and "In Da Club" he's lucky if he ever releases an album on a major, let alone go platinum.  50 was absolutely no different than every other NY rapper prior to him signing to Shady / Aftermath.  If you really believe that Dre and Em didn't blow him up I don't really know what to tell you.  I'm just saying I've seen this pattern with dozens of other rappers that Dre works with.   And each and every rapper walks away thinking they're the baddest motherfucker on earth, that they really know what it takes to make dope records.  But keep thinking 50 is more responsible than Dre, I'll just keep  :grumpy:

Thinking that 50 is more respnosible than Dre or even Em is pretty stupid. How long was 50 out before he blew up?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »

Thinking that 50 is more respnosible than Dre or even Em is pretty stupid. How long was 50 out before he blew up?

Years. I remember still being into rap when my uncle showed me 50 cent talking bout 'listen to this dude, he just disses everyone' even back then

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2007, 05:34:27 AM »
Props to SGV and Jrome.

The Maestro