Author Topic: Hip Hop Photographer Beaten By Toronto Police  (Read 188 times)

brownann

• Lil Geezy
Hip Hop Photographer Beaten By Toronto Police
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hip Hop Photographer Beaten By Toronto Police
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »
He probably deserved it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »
What's a Hip Hop Photographer ?

kemizt

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »
Someone who photographs hip hop.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »
I've seen Toronto police raid ghettos time and again over here in Scarborough, during the day and the night. I've never seen them jump on a guy and beat him. At least never on a guy that didn't ask for it. I'm not saying this is a hoax, but at the very least it is an exception to what usually goes in in this city. A lot of black guys get stopped and maybe questioned more than they should. I'm white and I get searched for no reason every time I get stopped. I don't mind because I never have anything on me. Other than being tackled once during a raid I've never had a hand laid on me, and I haven't seen it happen to any of my black friends. The time I was tackled I was jogging home from the store because it was cold. It was dark and I didn't realize a raid was going on in the project houses. One of the cops thought I was running off and took me to the ground from the side. I had my hood on and didn't see it and my earphones on so I didn't hear him tell me to stop. At least he didn't shoot first ask questions later. Anyway, I explained to him what I was doing, showed him the milk and sliced bread, and I let him follow me to my house to show him that I did indeed live in the area. He apologized. I said no need since he was simply doing his job and when I didn't respond to his call (because of the earphhones) he did the best thing he could do in the situation and took me down. Now if I had given him attitude and started screaming after the tackle then I'd have ended up getting a nice beating and a seat in the holding cell. A little courtesy and respect can go a long way.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:10:53 PM »
Someone who photographs hip hop.

I wanna be a Hip Hop Photographer. Seems gangsta like whoa!

kemizt

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 08:44:55 AM »

Why would you let any cop search you without any reason whatsoever? what a blatant violation of your right to walk around without harassment. If they are searching you on suspicion of something that is one thing but to do it as a matter of course is just sick.

Chief

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »
I've seen Toronto police raid ghettos time and again over here in Scarborough, during the day and the night. I've never seen them jump on a guy and beat him. At least never on a guy that didn't ask for it. I'm not saying this is a hoax, but at the very least it is an exception to what usually goes in in this city. A lot of black guys get stopped and maybe questioned more than they should. I'm white and I get searched for no reason every time I get stopped. I don't mind because I never have anything on me. Other than being tackled once during a raid I've never had a hand laid on me, and I haven't seen it happen to any of my black friends. The time I was tackled I was jogging home from the store because it was cold. It was dark and I didn't realize a raid was going on in the project houses. One of the cops thought I was running off and took me to the ground from the side. I had my hood on and didn't see it and my earphones on so I didn't hear him tell me to stop. At least he didn't shoot first ask questions later. Anyway, I explained to him what I was doing, showed him the milk and sliced bread, and I let him follow me to my house to show him that I did indeed live in the area. He apologized. I said no need since he was simply doing his job and when I didn't respond to his call (because of the earphhones) he did the best thing he could do in the situation and took me down. Now if I had given him attitude and started screaming after the tackle then I'd have ended up getting a nice beating and a seat in the holding cell. A little courtesy and respect can go a long way.

i would have beat his ass  :P

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »

Why would you let any cop search you without any reason whatsoever? what a blatant violation of your right to walk around without harassment. If they are searching you on suspicion of something that is one thing but to do it as a matter of course is just sick.

I just don't care. It's not just cops. If I'm in a store in the mall and the beeper goes off while I'm walking out the store I have my pockets emptied on the nearest counter before anyone even asks if I stole anything. I know I didn't steal anything and the faster I can prove it the faster I'm on my way. I also don't like being called a liar or looked at like one. If I see a homeless person that asks for change I give change. If I say I don't have any spare change it's because I really don't have any spare change. There have been times where the homeless man scoffed at me when I said it and I stood their showing him my pockets are empty or explaining to him exactly why I need the change I have. These people may not have the right to see what's in my pockets, but it's perfectly with in my right to show them if I want to.

I have my fun with it too. I would go to the local Walmart a lot as a kid. So much it got to the point where I knew who the undercover security guards were. I'd wait around in the aisles for one to start watching me then I'd put things in my pockets while looking suspicious. I'd keep walking around to other aisles and doing the same thing. I'd slowly walk towards the cash registers near the back exit and look to see 3 or 4 undercover security guards following me waiting for me to leave the store so they could jump me. But I'd just walk up to the cash register empty all the stuff from my pockets and buy it all (I only took stuff I was going to buy anyway). Then I'd look back at the security team with a smile and give a thumbs up as I walked out with my purchased material. A couple time they'd still follow just in case I didn't pay for everything they saw me take, but sure enough everything in my possession was on the receipt and then I'd purposely make a little scene; "Is this how Walmart treats it's customers? Where's the manager? Get me the manager right now!". Then I'd laugh and leave while some of these guys were looking at me like they wanted to kill me. Good times.

XaNdEr

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »

I just don't care. It's not just cops. If I'm in a store in the mall and the beeper goes off while I'm walking out the store I have my pockets emptied on the nearest counter before anyone even asks if I stole anything. I know I didn't steal anything and the faster I can prove it the faster I'm on my way. I also don't like being called a liar or looked at like one. If I see a homeless person that asks for change I give change. If I say I don't have any spare change it's because I really don't have any spare change. There have been times where the homeless man scoffed at me when I said it and I stood their showing him my pockets are empty or explaining to him exactly why I need the change I have. These people may not have the right to see what's in my pockets, but it's perfectly with in my right to show them if I want to.

I have my fun with it too. I would go to the local Walmart a lot as a kid. So much it got to the point where I knew who the undercover security guards were. I'd wait around in the aisles for one to start watching me then I'd put things in my pockets while looking suspicious. I'd keep walking around to other aisles and doing the same thing. I'd slowly walk towards the cash registers near the back exit and look to see 3 or 4 undercover security guards following me waiting for me to leave the store so they could jump me. But I'd just walk up to the cash register empty all the stuff from my pockets and buy it all (I only took stuff I was going to buy anyway). Then I'd look back at the security team with a smile and give a thumbs up as I walked out with my purchased material. A couple time they'd still follow just in case I didn't pay for everything they saw me take, but sure enough everything in my possession was on the receipt and then I'd purposely make a little scene; "Is this how Walmart treats it's customers? Where's the manager? Get me the manager right now!". Then I'd laugh and leave while some of these guys were looking at me like they wanted to kill me. Good times.

haha +1 for makin me laugh  :D