Author Topic: OFFICIAL NFL OFFSEASON NEWS AND NOTES THREAD  (Read 2298 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: OFFICIAL NFL OFFSEASON NEWS AND NOTES THREAD
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2007, 02:33:10 PM »
Jamal Lewis was cut by the ravens who avoided paying him a 5.5 mill roster bonus.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »
Vikings might cut Brad Johnson

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »
Jamal Lewis was cut by the ravens who avoided paying him a 5.5 mill roster bonus.

yeah that was a good move imo.
And the Vikings are going to cut Brad Johnson for sure. They have interest in Garcia as well

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »

yeah that was a good move imo.
And the Vikings are going to cut Brad Johnson for sure. They have interest in Garcia as well
shit baltimore still might be able to re-sign lewis but he'd sure look good in silver and black. also garcia to the vikings is a strong possibility as i stated in the jeff garcia thread u made

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2007, 09:40:38 AM »
Profootballtalk.com reports that after the Raiders asked the Packers for a first-round pick in exchange for Randy Moss, Green Bay countered by offering Aaron Rodgers.

The Raiders need a quarterback with Andrew Walter the lone signed QB on their roster, and Lane Kiffin might be willing to take a flier on Rodgers to develop and possibly push to start. It appears Green Bay and Oakland are in serious conversations about making a trade involving Moss

d-nice

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2007, 09:42:43 AM »
Profootballtalk.com reports that after the Raiders asked the Packers for a first-round pick in exchange for Randy Moss, Green Bay countered by offering Aaron Rodgers.

The Raiders need a quarterback with Andrew Walter the lone signed QB on their roster, and Lane Kiffin might be willing to take a flier on Rodgers to develop and possibly push to start. It appears Green Bay and Oakland are in serious conversations about making a trade involving Moss

That would be funny because Oakland had a chance to draft Aaron Rodgers.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »
The Falcons offered the highest tender possible to restricted free agent Matt Schaub, making it unlikely he'll sign an offer sheet with another team.

A team would have to give up a first and third round pick to sign Schaub through free agency. While that's unlikely, teams can deal directly with Atlanta if they want to land Schaub in a trade. We think he's still likely to get moved.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2007, 10:37:25 AM »
Bears signed head coach Lovie Smith to a four-year contract extension and general manager Jerry Angelo to a deal through the 2013 season.

Smith, scheduled to make $1.45 million in 2007, gets a long-overdue extension and is signed through 2011. FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer says Smith's deal will pay him $22.5 million, which works out to $5.5 million-per-year. Feb. 28 - 8:52 pm et
Source: FoxSports.com   

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »
Broncos acquired CB Dre Bly for Tatum Bell and T George Foster.

It will become official Friday. No one works the trade market better than Mike Shanahan and GM Ted Sundquist. They got a Pro Bowl quality player at a position of need in exchange for spare parts they weren't going to use. Champ Bailey, Bly, and Dominique Foxworth will make a great trio. The Broncos will start working on a long-term deal for Bly.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2007, 01:14:59 PM »
The Steelers today released linebacker Joey Porter, their best overall defensive player in the 21st century whose play helped win them a Super Bowl 13 months ago.

Porter was due a $1 million roster bonus by Tuesday and $4 million in salary in the final year of his contract. That, coupled with the fact he was a potential contract holdout this year, prompted the Steelers to release him.

Porter has been their starting right outside linebacker since 2000, the year after they drafted him.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »
The Steelers today released linebacker Joey Porter, their best overall defensive player in the 21st century whose play helped win them a Super Bowl 13 months ago.

Porter was due a $1 million roster bonus by Tuesday and $4 million in salary in the final year of his contract. That, coupled with the fact he was a potential contract holdout this year, prompted the Steelers to release him.

Porter has been their starting right outside linebacker since 2000, the year after they drafted him.

+1 u beat me to all tha posts....Porter being released is one that has me shaking my head..

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2007, 02:12:29 PM »
Broncos acquired CB Dre Bly for Tatum Bell and T George Foster.

It will become official Friday. No one works the trade market better than Mike Shanahan and GM Ted Sundquist. They got a Pro Bowl quality player at a position of need in exchange for spare parts they weren't going to use. Champ Bailey, Bly, and Dominique Foxworth will make a great trio. The Broncos will start working on a long-term deal for Bly.

good trade for both teams. The Broncos got the CB they need opposite of Champ, damn what a CB combo they have now. And now they can focus on Mike Bell as there #1 back if they choose. The Lions got a RB they need with Jones being injuured all the time and not being reliable enough and consistent enough. Tatum Bell should get more carries then he got in Denver and could def be the #1 back.

The Best of 3 Worlds

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2007, 07:22:14 AM »
49ers make Clements NFL's highest-paid defender ever

^^^wow.

Thomas should be signing with New England today
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2007, 09:33:26 AM »
^^ lmao highest paid defender???

Sparegeez

« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »
Give me a week to decide between the Broncos and the Chargers for the AFC West.

By the way there's talk about Denver Pursuing Willis Migahee(spelling?). They're talking about trading a 3rd rounder and a starting linebacker for the guy.

Fucking Broncos are making some serious moves this off-season.