Author Topic: OFFICIAL NFL OFFSEASON NEWS AND NOTES THREAD  (Read 2295 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: OFFICIAL NFL OFFSEASON NEWS AND NOTES THREAD
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
Raiders picked up Dominic Rhodes from INdy. It's not a lineman, but good insurance if Lamont Jordan is not ready by the start of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2792972

that was a very nice pickup.Rhodes and Jordan can be a nice combo, as long as the Radiers can pass. Or else theyll constantly see 8 in the box. A

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »
Broncos signed TE Daniel Graham. The pats and Broncos keep loading up...

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2007, 02:48:33 PM »
Raiders picked up Dominic Rhodes from INdy. It's not a lineman, but good insurance if Lamont Jordan is not ready by the start of the season.

that was a very nice pickup.Rhodes and Jordan can be a nice combo, as long as the Radiers can pass. Or else theyll constantly see 8 in the box. A

Yeah it is a nice pickup. Hopefully we get our OL better and a good, durable quarterback.

Lunatic

« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »
titans still moving slowly. 1 guy i think we are going to sign is colts CB Nick Harper. that will be a very good fit. right now the RB situation is fucked up. Lendale White is the only RB on the roster. I think he can be decent, just not yet. bringing back Chris Brown is an option (hes been good 4 us, just injury prone, and that's the reason henry toke over). I'm not even too sure who's out there at RB. I would of accepted Rhodes or Droughns but both went places 2day. We also need help at DE & WR. 1 of them will be a 1st round draft pick, the other i assume will be a signing. Donte Stallworth, Grant Wistrom, Ryan Bowens i'm hoping for.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

Yeah it is a nice pickup. Hopefully we get our OL better and a good, durable quarterback.
I personally LOVE the signing.  He has good hands coming out of the backfield and is quick and shifty.  I like it.  I think him and LaMont will form a good backfield.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2007, 08:59:53 PM »
titans still moving slowly. 1 guy i think we are going to sign is colts CB Nick Harper. that will be a very good fit. right now the RB situation is fucked up. Lendale White is the only RB on the roster. I think he can be decent, just not yet. bringing back Chris Brown is an option (hes been good 4 us, just injury prone, and that's the reason henry toke over). I'm not even too sure who's out there at RB. I would of accepted Rhodes or Droughns but both went places 2day. We also need help at DE & WR. 1 of them will be a 1st round draft pick, the other i assume will be a signing. Donte Stallworth, Grant Wistrom, Ryan Bowens i'm hoping for.
I heard they might sit on some money this year, cuz they feel the Free Agent pool might be deeper nexr year

The Best of 3 Worlds

d-nice

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »
Raiders making moves the past couple of days. We got Justin Griffith from Atlanta

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793894

Very good blocking fullback. We are improving that backfield and it will give some extra blocking for the quarterback, and he can catch the ball well out of the backfield and red zone.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »
Raiders making moves the past couple of days. We got Justin Griffith from Atlanta

Very good blocking fullback. We are improving that backfield and it will give some extra blocking for the quarterback, and he can catch the ball well out of the backfield and red zone.

OFFENSIVE LINE ANYONE??? Thats the biggest weakness, probably more so then defense. Its nice to have 2 good backs and a good fullback, but if that O-line doesnt get better none of this will matter in the grand scheme of things. They'll keep losing games 17-13

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lunatic

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
I heard they might sit on some money this year, cuz they feel the Free Agent pool might be deeper nexr year

heard about that as well. i don't mind it, but don't stay out completely. sign at least 2 players. we shuld sign Nick Harper, and some DE.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »

heard about that as well. i don't mind it, but don't stay out completely. sign at least 2 players. we shuld sign Nick Harper, and some DE.

I think Nick Harper is gonna be signed for sure. There arent many De's out there. Maybe Wistrom? They could also trade for Jared Allen from KC, who i heard wants out of KC. Hes the best option 3 years 27.5 sacks!
I dont think Stallworth will end up there, he seems to be headed to the Pats or Phins...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lunatic

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2007, 02:07:05 PM »

I think Nick Harper is gonna be signed for sure. There arent many De's out there. Maybe Wistrom? They could also trade for Jared Allen from KC, who i heard wants out of KC. Hes the best option 3 years 27.5 sacks!
I dont think Stallworth will end up there, he seems to be headed to the Pats or Phins...

Yea, I also think harper for sure. It would be a big blow to me personally if we don't get him. Wistrom is an option for sure. I think Allen is staying in KC. They said they wouldn't trade him. Stallworth visited us along with the 2 mentioned, but I think he'll end up with the pats. I don't mind to much if we don't sign Dante, as the draft is WR-heavy, and at the 19th pick were likely to get the 3rd/4th best 1 available. Robert Meachem would be nice, and its realistic.

d-nice

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »

OFFENSIVE LINE ANYONE??? Thats the biggest weakness, probably more so then defense. Its nice to have 2 good backs and a good fullback, but if that O-line doesnt get better none of this will matter in the grand scheme of things. They'll keep losing games 17-13

Oh I am screaming the same thing. Not too many OL free agent left and I hope with our other draft picks or trades we address that area.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:40:13 PM by d-nice »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »

Oh I am screaming the same thing. Not too many OL free agent left and I hope with our other draft picks or trades we address that area.

If they can shore up that O-Line, there not in bad shape at all. Even Andrew Walter can play if he gets some time to throw

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »
Donnie Edwards signed a 3 yr deal with KC. They are really imprving at LB. Harris, D. Johnson and Edwards will be a nice trio for Herm.
This is his 2nd stint in KC

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2007, 03:39:27 PM »
Pats signed wr Kelly Washingston.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!