Author Topic: OFFICIAL NFL OFFSEASON NEWS AND NOTES THREAD  (Read 2235 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: OFFICIAL NFL OFFSEASON NEWS AND NOTES THREAD
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »
Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin is reportedly telling people that he's on speaking terms with Randy Moss and that the two have had a "good talk."

ESPN has now confirmed the story about the phone conversation at the Senior Bowl, where Moss told Kiffin he didn't want to play for a 31-year-old coach. Of course there's no telling if the fact that Kiffin and Moss are now having "good talks" will have an impact on whether Moss is traded, considering it would net the Raiders $7.7 million in cap savings. Feb. 22 - 12:12 pm et
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2007, 10:28:27 AM »
An unnamed police department source told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that "We think the link (to Pacman) is strong, but we haven’t been able to verify it."

The owner of the club in question vehemently insists that Jones and his girlfriend came and left with the shooter at the club. In related news, a search warrant reveals that a promoter may have stolen a trash ball full of Jones' money, containing $81,000, which was the original source of the altercation. The cash was reportedly intended to "Make it Rain" or throw in the air, but it was only intended for visual effect, not for the dancers to take. When a dancer took the bag, Jones reportedly grabbed a dancer, security grabbed Jones, and the melee ensued. Feb. 22 - 9:17 am et
Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »
^^This is like Pacman's fourth problem with the law in 5 years, hes a cancer. The Titans need to give him one more chance then let him go. Thats why teams like the Pats are ALWAYS good because they dont have Cancer's Bellicheck chooses guys with Character. Same with Mangini and Nolan...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
Petyon Manning restructured his contract to free up cap space. I have HUGE respect for anyone that does that, esepcailly a player like Peyton. Too bad more guys werent like him

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »
LOL@ jerry Porter

"new number equals a new start" LOL!
yeah well you better produce Porter and stop being a little bitch. He did tell Espn that he likes Kiffin and cant wait to play. Itll be interesting too see what happens.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2007, 10:57:45 AM »
lol @ pacman tryin to make it rain in a strip club than wanting to money back

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20:36 AM »
lol @ pacman tryin to make it rain in a strip club than wanting to money back

what u mean he wanted the money back?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2007, 11:47:22 AM »
The cash was reportedly intended to "Make it Rain" or throw in the air, but it was only intended for visual effect, not for the dancers to take

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
The Ravens have chosen not to place the franchise tag on Pro Bowl LB Adalius Thomas.

Thomas is about to become a very rich man. With at least 3-4 teams interested in him, a signing bonus between $15-$20 million wouldn't shock us. Only Nate Clements may make more this month. He's unlikely to return to Baltimore because they don't have the cap room.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
Ted Ginn Jr. told reporters at the Combine during a press conference Thursday that he's willing to play cornerback in the NFL in addition to his receiver duties.

He entered Ohio State as a star high school defensive back and there were rumors he wanted to play corner full time as a professional. Ginn is not running or lifting at the Combine as his sprained left foot recovers. He'll be drafted as a wideout of course, but his flexiblity with returns and possible defense can't hurt his stock.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2007, 02:07:56 PM »
Patrick Kearney is gonna be a Free Agent as he is gonna void the last year of his contract. He will be the top DE on the market IMO along with Chris Kelsey from Buffalo..I wonder what kind of money these 2 will get considering Vonnie Holiday just signed a 4 yr 20 Mill deal to stay with the Dolphins. Damn why couldnt have played like this with the Niners?  :-\

Jamal Lewis looks like he is gonna get cut so the Ravens dont have to pay him the 5 mill rost bonus he is owed, then they wanna resgin him for less just like last offseason.

Micheal Turner will not be resigned before the free agent deadline, looks like they are trying to tender him for a trade.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 07:29:06 PM »
Chris Kelsay just resigned with the Bills for 23 mill over 4 yrs with 13 mill guaranteed. Wow its pretty sad when the highest paid DE on the market only has 5.5 sacks  :-\. They overpaid imo, but theres not much else out there...

Brett Favre underwent succsessful surgery, congrats Brett.  :D

Rams release veteran OL Adam Timmerman, imo hell find a job somewhere.

Fred Smoot is very close to being released as well from Min.

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 10:07:08 AM »
Hollis Thomas resigned with the Saints for 3 yrs 12 million..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »
Ravens don't have the money to re-sign Thomas. (I know it's common knowledge for football fan, but it's still a good read)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.thomas26feb26,0,5989301.story?coll=bal-sports-football

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 10:28:34 AM »
Ravens don't have the money to re-sign Thomas. (I know it's common knowledge for football fan, but it's still a good read)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.thomas26feb26,0,5989301.story?coll=bal-sports-football

im glad they dont. Maybe they wont have enuff money to sign ed reed next year

The Best of 3 Worlds