Author Topic: Rate The Snoop Albums, 1-8  (Read 6341 times)

Lunatic

Rate The Snoop Albums, 1-8
« on: February 10, 2007, 09:14:42 PM »
Alright. Not sure if this has been done b4 or not. now that the t.b.c.t. has been out for a while, I personally know were it fits in.

1. Doggystyle - Clearly his best. To me, this may be the greatest thing hip-hop album ever. right up there with cube's death certificate for me.

2. No Limit Top Dogg - Might drop some jaws, but to me, it's his most consistent album besides doggystyle ofcourse. although only a few CLASSIC tracks (IMO), there are a bunch of really dope/decent 1s.

3. Tha Doggfather - similar to no limit top dogg, in that it doesn't have that many personal classics, but it's consistent, and not alot of
filler material.

4. Tha Last Meal - I am pretty sure most people on here worship this album. Let me start off by saying that there isn't a big gap to me on my rankings of his albums from 2-6. I thought the album started off dope as FUCK. but soon as it hits track 10, I am only feeling 2 songs. It's to bad because, henn & buddah, what's my name pt.2, set it off, lay low, are some of my fav. snoop tracks. I was just mad disapointed how in-consistent it became for me.

5. Tha Blue Carpet Treatment - There's alot of personal classics on here for me. could easily be ranked alot higher, if i didn't think there was so much filler material.

6. Paid Tha Cost To Be Tha Boss - after listening to it agian the other day for the 1st time in a while, i found it to be alot better then i 1st thought.

7. R & G - quite a bit of filler material on here as well. more personal classics to me then some of the other albums i ranked higher, but wayyyy to inconsistent. but also i've been on the r & b tip recently, so some of the songs i felt more then i usually would.

8. Game Is To Be Sold - just a horrible album. I am literally feeling to 4 songs outta the 20. I've tried to block this cd completely out of my memory, but it's so bad, it's impossible to do so.

Agian, let me say that there isn't a big gap at all from my rankings 2-6.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

Re: Rate The Snoop Albums, 1-8
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 09:22:07 PM »
Doggystyle
Doggfather
Tha Last Meal
Blue Carpet
No Limit Topp Dogg
Paid The Cost
R&G
Da Game

But in the Game's defense, lyrically Snoop did have some fire lyrics, the beats just did not match

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:29:16 AM by d-nice »

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 09:36:22 PM »
yea, i think the beats is what turned me off to da game. also, when the beat is bad, i find it extremely hard to get into it, and maybe i failed to realize how dope snoop's lyrics are on there. i didn't expect much going in (because of word of mouth), and i didn't get much. i have rarely wanted to finish an album so bad before.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 09:45:13 PM »
I think the bad tracks on that album were REALLY bad. The good ones for me were drowned out alot because the production did not match.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 10:15:17 PM »
Doggystyle
Last Meal
Top Dogg
Doggfather
Dead Man Walking
Blue Carpet
Paid the Cost to be the Bo$$
R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta) - The Masterpiece
The Game is to be Sold, Not Told

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 10:23:21 PM »
Doggystyle

Doggfather

No Limit Top Dogg

Tha Last Meal

Game Is To Be Sold

Paid Tha Cost

Dead Man Walkin

Blue Carpet Treatment

R&G

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:48:50 PM »
Doggystyle
LAst meal
Top Dogg
Doggfather
Blue carpet
The game is too be sold - - - By the way this album had some pretty tight beats if yuo look back on it

as far as rbg or wtv and the paid the coss...i never heard them to tell u the truth after being turned off by the singles.

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 10:49:14 PM »
I like all of Snoop's albums. Maybe a little bit more filler later in his catalog but overall he has alot of dope shit.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »
Doggystyle
LAst meal
Top Dogg
Doggfather
Blue carpet
The game is too be sold - - - By the way this album had some pretty tight beats if yuo look back on it

as far as rbg or wtv and the paid the coss...i never heard them to tell u the truth after being turned off by the singles.

I got that cd right here, I am going to bump it again and listen to it. 20 Dollars To My Name was the shit on there.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 06:27:16 AM »
Doggystyle 5/5
Doggfather 4.5/5
Last Meal 4/5
Top Dogg 4/5
Blue Carpet Treatment 3.5/5
R&G 3.5/5
Paid Tha Cost 2.5/5
Da Game 2/5

albums 2-6 are pretty much the same for me too

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 06:36:29 AM »
DOGGYSTYLE - 10/10
TOP DOGG - 8.5/10
LAST MEAL - 8/10
BLUE CARPET TREATMENT - 7.5/10
DOGGFATHER - 7/10
RYTHYM & GANGSTER - 6.5/10
DA GAME IS TO BE SOLD... - 6.5/10
PAID THAT COST... - 5/10

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 09:25:26 AM »
Doggystyle - 10 // No fucking doubt it's a hip-hop masterpiece, both 'cause of Snoops raps and Dres beats.

Tha Doggfather - 9 // Mixing could've been better. Otherwise, it's heat. Gold Rush, Vapors, Doggfather etc etc.

Tha Last Meal - 9 // Personally the only tracks that let's me down these days is Back Up Off Me

No Limit Top Dogg - 8.5 // Couple tracks are a letdown, a lot of dope stuff, a few (to me at least) classic cuts.

Blue Carpet Treatment - 8.5 // Still totally feeling this album. A few tracks on the last third don't always hit home, but otherwise it's cool.

Paid Tha Cost... - 3 // In my opinion, it's just a bad album. Some cool verses or lines here and there, but a huge letdown to me. Didn't like the production pretty much at all. The intro had the best beat.

R&G - Heard it, didn't like it, didn't get it. There's a couple cuts I like though.

Da Game... - In all honesty, I've never heard it. Everybody's always doggin' it, so I've never bothered. :laugh: I only got "Still a G-Thang" - which has just a CLASSIC Meech Wells beat. "Top dolla with the gold flea collar, dippin' in my blue impala..." Love that shit.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »
Doggystyle - 10 // No fucking doubt it's a hip-hop masterpiece, both 'cause of Snoops raps and Dres beats.

Tha Doggfather - 9 // Mixing could've been better. Otherwise, it's heat. Gold Rush, Vapors, Doggfather etc etc.

Tha Last Meal - 9 // Personally the only tracks that let's me down these days is Back Up Off Me

No Limit Top Dogg - 8.5 // Couple tracks are a letdown, a lot of dope stuff, a few (to me at least) classic cuts.

Blue Carpet Treatment - 8.5 // Still totally feeling this album. A few tracks on the last third don't always hit home, but otherwise it's cool.

Paid Tha Cost... - 3 // In my opinion, it's just a bad album. Some cool verses or lines here and there, but a huge letdown to me. Didn't like the production pretty much at all. The intro had the best beat.

R&G - Heard it, didn't like it, didn't get it. There's a couple cuts I like though.

Da Game... - In all honesty, I've never heard it. Everybody's always doggin' it, so I've never bothered. :laugh: I only got "Still a G-Thang" - which has just a CLASSIC Meech Wells beat. "Top dolla with the gold flea collar, dippin' in my blue impala..." Love that shit.
I'm almost certain If I had heard Paid Da Cost and R&G, my rank would've been the same, changing the places of Last Meal and Top Dogg in terms of mood
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Traumatized

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 09:58:35 AM »
1. Doggystyle 5/5
2. Doggfather 4.5/5
3. Da Game... 1.5/5
4. No Limit Top Dogg 3/5
5. Tha Last Meal 4/5
6. Paid tha Cost 3.5/5
7. R&G 3.5/5
8. TBCT 4/5

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 12:39:36 PM »
1. Doggystyle:
Just classic shit. When you listen to the "G-Funk Intro" then you know what's up. Classic after classic. But to me it's not THE best rap album. Everybody who knows rap must say that, because the rap-history has albums like Foesum's "Perfection", 3X Krazy's "Stackin Chips", Mr. X's "Mr. X", U.D.I.'s "Under Da Influence" and so on and so on. But Doggystyle is on the same level.

2. Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$:
I definetely don't know why this album gets so much hate. I love this album, the only track I really hate is "U Got What I Want". To me it's fucking fire with tracks like "Pimp Slapp'd", "The One And Only", "Stoplight" or "Wasn't Your Fault". It has a cool mix of funk, gangsta, mainstream and pimpish style. "Ballin" is a classic Battlecat beat.

3. Tha Last Meal:
It's a hard decision for me but I chose Tha Last Meal before NL Top Dogg, because I felt it had more Westcoast classics on it, for example "Set It Off" ft. MC Ren, Lady Of Rage, Ice Cube & Bad Azz or "Lay Low" ft. Nate, Tha Eastsidaz and a great Dre beat. There's a bunch of dope KoKane hooks on it, but I think Koka was overused on the album. "Y'all Gone Miss Me" is appreciable too, because of the funky worm :)

4. No Limit Top Dogg:
As I said before, NL Top Dogg is shortly behind Tha Last Meal, but even though it's a very dope album. I have to name tracks like "Snoopafella", "G Bedtime Stories" (bomb beat of Meechy), or "Don't Tell" which is classic with all those features especially Mausberg (R.I.P.). The No Limit produced tracks by Beats By Tha Pound are dope too. I like the hard "Down 4 My N'z". It was a balanced album with less fillers but not sooo many classics.

5. Tha Blue Carpet Treatment:
I don't know how to rank it because it's too new. It takes a lil bit more time for me before I really can say it's better that this and that or not. But what I can say is that there many dope beats and guests on it. "Crazy" is amazing, so is "Candy". I like some Hyphy shit like The Team or Bailey so I love this track. To me it's classic to hear MC Eiht over that beat, the video does its job too. But I have to mention that... I dunno but I think Snoop's voice sounds old over the album. I don't mean his flow and shit, he still has his sharpness like on "Think About It" which could have been a track on Doggystyle in my opinion. But I feel like his voice changed so much in relation to Paid Tha Cost... for example where I felt his voice was something special. I don't know if it's because of the mixing or because of an other reason but I think after the 213 record his voice has lost something. Funnily enough he has the "paid tha cost - voice" on Nas' new album so I think the track on Nas' album is an old one or they mix it in an other way. Altogether it's a cool album, way better than expected when I heard about it.

6. Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Told:
I like this album because I also like the "stupid" No Limit style. I like those beats for some reason. I can't listen to it the whole day but sometimes I need to hear this style. "Tru Tank Dogs" ft. Mystikal is just  :o so are "Whatcha Gone Do" ft. P and "DP Gangsta" with C-Murder. I can understand when people say it's too much No Limit shit, but because he did just one of those hard-influenced NL records I'm happy with it. Just listen to his flow on "Still A G Thang". "Hoes, Money & Clout" bangs the trunk like whaaaa. Of course there a few horrible tracks on it like "D.O.G.'s Get Lonely 2". When you listen to this, you know why they get lonely sometimes...

7. Tha Doggfather:
I don't really feel this album as a whole thing. The flow of it gets murdered every few tracks, even though it has some classic tracks like "Vapors", "Two Double O One" or "Gold Rush" with a great Kurupt. I don't say it's a bad record but imo it gets boring on some places and as a whole it's not as good as the others.

8. Rythm & Gangsta - The Masterpiece:
I don't know what he's been smoking when he named it "Masterpiece". This record is just horrible, the dope tracks are way too rare, I need a loupe to find. Of course "Drop It..." was a smasher for the clubs and "Let's Get Blown" brought the funk back into the spotlight but I puke on tracks like the one with Nelly ( :'( ) or this fuck'd up Lil Jon beat. He made way better crunk beats on Ice Cube's album. "Im Threw Witchu" is garbage! Just don't talk about that shit no more... I'm so happy that he hasn't continued this route on TBCT.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill