Author Topic: Rate The Snoop Albums, 1-8  (Read 6344 times)

Snoopafly-1986

Re: Rate The Snoop Albums, 1-8
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »
I think if you go by the sales most Snoop fans ain't feeling Ego Trippin

I liked it at first but really haven't listened to it lately

no replay value :-\

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 09:54:25 PM »
ego trippin;
very underrated

What do you base this on?
From what I can gather from this board;
50% love it
50% hate it.

no doubt this place either seems to dig the album or can't flow with the album
but i base my opinions on a larger base than just dubcc or the internet.
If you wanna talk about dubcc i think it gets its fair share of hate but i think it will go down as an album which is underrated.

Let me get it straight;
-Youīre saying most people on the streets ainīt checking for it?
-Or that you feel itīs a better album than the 50% hate it gets?

where do u get your 50% from? Imma assume that you just basically guessing since its probably from how you see things. I 'll guess that the album gets about 75% hate on dubcc......do i think its better than the 50-75% hate it gets on dubcc? Yes i do..you may ask me why but do i really need to go into depth about that? Not really right now since this is just basically a thread on how y'all rate snoops work. Also are the streets checkin for it? From what i be hearing people are only spinnin sets up sometimes. Shit i be hearing more usher and classic shit and "hot" singles right now than real rappers at the moment since nobody gettin that street hit out there...Also from my homies not many have even copped the album, others downloaded it and said it was nice and others thought it was aight...

I think it'l be forgotton about quick even though i think snoop will try to fight back and get as many sales as he can and keep promoting the album as long as he can but sales wise the album is a failure as of right now in the states so i think soon people will forget about the album. I think it'l go down as underrated

pz

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 12:26:46 AM »
ego trippin;
very underrated

50% love it
50% hate it.

no doubt this place either seems to dig the album or can't flow with the album
If you wanna talk about dubcc i think it gets its fair share of hate but i think it will go down as an album which is underrated.

Let me get it straight;

underrated based on what, you didn't back it up properly.

there's a poll:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=173084.0

may not be a good indicator but still.

and then there's the sales.

so if you're looking outside of dubcc, where are you exactly basing your statements on?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:49:55 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

HEC

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 05:43:48 AM »
ego trippin;
very underrated

50% love it
50% hate it.

Let me get it straight;

there's a poll:

so if you're looking outside of dubcc, where are you exactly basing your statements on?

IMO the poll is probably pretty accurate in terms of indication. You have members from all over the world on DUBCC not just the US and the fans spoke. I like the album but I am in the minority on this one

Plumma25

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 07:23:34 AM »
I personally like all of Snoop's albums, but if I had to put them in order it would go:

1.  Doggystyle
2.  Tha Last Meal
3.  Doggfather
4.  No Limit Top Dogg
5.  Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
6.  Ego Trippin'
7.  R&G: The Masterpiece
8.  Dead Man Walking
9.  Paid Tha Cost To Be Tha Boss
10. The Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
ego trippin;
very underrated

50% love it
50% hate it.

Let me get it straight;

there's a poll:

I've already anwered these questions

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »
ego trippin;
very underrated

50% love it
50% hate it.

no doubt this place either seems to dig the album or can't flow with the album

Let me get it straight;

where do u get your 50% from?
Imma assume that you just basically guessing since its probably from how you see things.
I 'll guess that the album gets about 75% hate on dubcc......do i think its better than the 50-75% hate it gets on dubcc?
Yes i do..you may ask me why but do i really need to go into depth about that?
Not really right now since this is just basically a thread on how y'all rate snoops work.

Yes youīre right I was guessing  ;).
Just for the heck of it,I went and checked the two first pages of my review thread.
Well the result is something in the middle something like
-60% hate
-40% love

Hate;
Chad Vaderīs Ego Trippin review
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=172115.0
What can I say? This is clearly not a album for me.
The overall rating; 2/5
damn, I finally came across somebody who absolutely hates the album lmao...
w/e though everybody got opinions... basically if you only like Snoop on his "gangsta" shit, then the album isn't for you
no this album really does sucks, snoop is made for gangsta rap, if not, its bad.
Totally agree chad. I see U
When looking at the threadstarter's review, I notice how every track is judged on the beat.  That gets me to thinking, like I pointed out in that other thread I just posted in, that most of this board doesn't really know English too well.  As a result, most of YOU don't know what the fucc Snoop is saying most of the time, so if the beat isn't immediately captivating, all of you simply dismiss the song out of hand.

I think judging by the beats is actually the best way to do it. Save for a handful of tracks, Snoop always kicks pretty much the exact same shit on every verse nowadays -  I've only heard half the album so far, but he's on his usual thing, though normally he has some interesting bits here and there, I haven't heard anything that stands out so far. Sounds like some lazy shit IMO
Plus if you play the song and you immediately hate the beat, it'll take a LOT to make that song good, even the best verses in the world will only make it ok, not amazing, and we know Snoop very rarely comes with a WOW verse these days
Lots of the tracks don't seem to be doing anything new either, the 'Cool' cover is dope, but otherwise it's some forgettable beats with half-assed raps over them, like just a bland hip-hop album. If it had been mostly singing, then yeah, it would have been different at least
I'm a big Snoop fan as well, but that means I know how well he can rap if he wants to, and this is some lazy shit
Snoop doesn't need to rap about gangsta shit, or be on some different shit - all he needs to do is a) pick some dope-ass beats and b) kick some crazy interesting rhymes over them like on Doggystyle, with amazing flows and delivery, about whatever he likes - just make them dope
i'm 25+ and I threw that cd out my window driving down the 405 fwy just wasnt doin it for me! VERY DISSAPOINTED.
MY OPINION I RESPECT EVERYONE ELSE'S OPINION EVEN IF U LOVED SOMETHING I HATED.
 8)
I was wrong, I said there would be 6 or 7 decent songs on the album out of 21/22, but there is only 2 traccs worth listening too and even those aren't that great  :-\...I find it hard to listen to an entire Snoop Dogg album lately..Shit is boring, but I guess the masses will love it. Another 213 album or Eastsidaz album is needed quiccly
Iīm sure Snoop got some other projects like the Eastsidaz and The Bones OST coming our way,
that will "please" his "gangster rap" fans. So maybe we should let Snoop pay his bills with a couple of pop solo albums?
excactly,more pop influences...like i said before in the other topics..when i listened to it..i heard other artists like jay z,nas,J-lo,and everything in the pop chart that has as artist "...ft.." on it, in between there are influences from back in the days when r&b/pop went populair.90's shit.
I will wait patiently for his next project and skip this one.
bytheway:
i agree,let him pay some bills...you can blame him ;D..look what he did..with almost every artist there is(from beyonce,pussycatdolls,mariah carey,timberlake and even the red hot chilli peppers) he made a song or turn up at a concert and shows his face for 5 min.
$$$$$$......!
On point 100% w/the review. Press Play is nice. That's about it. So maybe old Snoop won't be coming back. Fine. But why not mix the old with the new?? Why can't that be the new west? The hyphy, pop and country experimentations don't work. Let other rappers do that. Press Play takes the best of both worlds, produced by David Blake no less.
Oh well.
i agree with chads opinion 100%
to me this album is very hard to listen to all the way through
only one song on here stands out, Press Play, maybe cus of Kurupt, but if the cd had more joints like that, then damn, we would have somethin serious then
this feels very weak
but on the plus
snoop did do it big, he wanted somethin fresh, different, innovative, original and thats what this is.
but for real, this is not the album For Me, i think snoop dogg lost me around Last Meal.
very commercial, that cool song was kinda cool, somethin different.
Life of the party is another good joint, good too see Todd Shaw in action with the dogg, but shit, his last album was preety lame too.
in my opinion, only 3 stand out joints
life of da party, press play, and sexual eruption (some might hate, but this song is fuckin tight)
im preety sick of that tpain voice shit, ill admit i have not heard the album all the way through, heard bits in pieces of each song, but thats all i could handle listening too on this cd, bits and pieces. its hard to listen to it all the way through. Now with dre and detox on the way, and cube, lets hope that all the Hype around there albums is not a let down like this is (i know cube - raw footage is gona kick some serious ass, oshey always do it big)
im sorry to say, im dissapointed in the dog in this cd's performance
ps.
another sidenote, i was not to happy with the last too short album.
feels like a blind, deaf, crack head, handicapp put that shit togather
that was harsh but shit, how the fuck do you go from the last meal to this ?
if you ask me, i thought snoops last was aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, i kinda liked it, thought that was the "bring it back" cd for snoop but shit,
for all those who like it, whatever floats your boat man, i been bumpin snoop since 93 whats my name video first came on and my main complaint about this is i can not stand the beats/productions. i duno man, alot of hype around the team behind this project but shit, dj quik - 2 strikes homie in one year. first the fixxers then this.
i think we need to let some new dudes shine on the leftcoast, i hope beach cruiser will be done proper.
I agree to a large extent.  22 tracks and about 6 (maybe) will stand the test of time (for most).
I got mixed feelings on this new album. There are some heaters on this album and then a lot of filler and weird shit. Some ppl might agree but I know some won't but here it goes..
Heaters:
 Press Play
Neva Have 2 Worry
Sexual Eruption (hated at first - but grew on me after clowning on it enough)
Life of Da Party (seems like a Daz Gangsta Crunk type production, $hort and the chorus make it a winner)
Whateva U Do (miss those hard beats - some throwbacc shit)
The rest of the album I could do without.
I agree with the overall score, but I liked some tracks.

Press Play
SD is Out
Neva Have 2 Worry (except the hook hurts my ears)
Been Around the World is coo
Those Gurlz is ok
Waste of Time is ok
Can't Say Goodbye is ok

but that's about it. The few southernish songs would have been cool on a TI or lil Wayne CD, but Snoop doesn't sound right over those beats.
I think I'm feeling 2 or 3 tracks on the whole project... I totally agree with this review and thought after all the hype this project was getting I'm the only one not feeling this album. It almost sounds like a comedy/parody album to me. It's like "The Artist Formerly Known As Snoop Dogg". I can't dig this, I understand trying to do something different, but this is too out there for me.

Love;
i don't see why peopel saying the album sucks im loving it
cept for two tracks so far
im up to track let it out and have not listened to the whole album
but the two i have not liekd it
SD is out and waste of time
AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNND NOOOOOWW it's three
with my medicine lol
LOL GOD DAMN :o :o
how u hate the following, i don't know
waste of time
deez hollywood nights
been around the world
those girls
one chance
especially cant say goodbye :o  what the fuck ???
this guy must hate rap music, to not like any of these tracks is a little odd to a degree
one would have to assume he's really not a fan of Snoop Dogg
RNG was a complete sellout move , I thought this one would have been too but Snoop proved me wrong ... this album as a whole (outside "maybe" his T-Pain impression on the 1st single) isn't at all what's hot right now ... there is  no "easy" featurings on it, it's just a personal and innovative album imo ... the result is far from perfect but it's a nice try and a fresh air in mainstream rap ... y'all just want the same album again and again .. featuring from DPGC , beats by Battlecat, Fredwerck,Dre ..
yeah man I love the album but respect Chad's opinion 8)
Damn can't say I agree with you Chad. To each his own though. The thing about this record to me is that Snoop is making music fun again. This is a fun record. Not everybody is gonna like how he's doing it different than his old style but fuck man it's 2008.
Chad Vader, you review sucks donkey balls.  I think you woke up and had some haterade this morning.  What other mainstream artist is putting out an album this dope right now besides Kanye?  Not Jay Z or 50 anyways.  Where the fucks Eminem, Dre?  Snoops doing it man, quit hatin!  BEST SNOOP ALBUM SINCE LAST MEAL!
lovin this album, theres a couple tracks that sucked and coulda been left out, but its dope regardless  8)
good album 4/5
Where is soopafly???
For me you have to way to judge this album as a snoop fan and as a  hip hop fan . As a snoop fan I like this album but like every snoop fan i prefer his gangsta style ! As a hip hop fan i like this album because it's show the evlotuon of an artist and his capacity to find new to express him self with the music . He tried something different who is interesting for the most part ! So ok it's not a gansta record and we all prefer snoop pn the crp side  but we have to admit that it's good and innovating hip hop album and it show snoop versality . And i know and will return to his gansta roots on anther joint so i support snoop when he do good music gansta or not ! When u lesson it with objectivy it's not snoop best effort but it's a good album with some fillers! Not a classi but a good album !
Chad is my homeboy even though I disagree completely with his review I definitely see his points as a fellow fan of Gangsta Rap. This is not a "Gangsta Rap" album by any means, for me it was the album Snoop had to make because I am at a point where I don't want to hear him spitting the same old that he was doing in his last album. Case in point the Snoop/Cube collabo on "BCT", I was so hyped to hear it and it dissapointed me so much I knew then that Snoop needed to do something different at least for me. He did it with this album. But Chad I definitely respect what you are saying and props for not being afraid to go "against the grain" but you always keep it real anyway 8)

Also are the streets checkin for it? From what i be hearing people are only spinnin sets up sometimes.
Shit i be hearing more usher and classic shit and "hot" singles right
now than real rappers at the moment since nobody gettin that street hit out there...
Also from my homies not many have even copped the album,
others downloaded it and said it was nice and others thought it was aight...

I think it'l be forgotton about quick even though i think snoop will try
to fight back and get as many sales as he can and keep promoting
the album as long as he can but sales wise the album is a failure as of right now
in the states so i think soon people will forget about the album.
I think it'l go down as underrated
pz

^^ Well,you backed up your statement,I ainīt going to fight your opinion. ^^
I havenīt checked sales,downloads,my friends opinions or any clubs lately.
So Iīll keep my mouth shut  :-X :P :laugh: :).
But I got one "official" review of the album that gave it 4/5. Underrated?  :P

Ego trippin review in XXL May 2008

lol wow...thats alot of shit right there! Good shit but alot of shit nonetheless! I pretty much made my point and its clear whether u agree with or not but the numbers u posted back up what I believe.

As for the XXL comment and underrated...i hope you aint serious....i know u aint never gon use XXL to speak of reviews whether they official or not. XXL is probably the worst magazine when it comes to reviews, they just working there business...i know u know this! :-*

Also reviews while an indicator of how the reviewer feels about an album does not always mean that an album is overrated or underrated if you get what im saying. For example an album could have loads of great reviews and shit but nobody could like it or vice versa...so if EGO trippin was to get alot of dope reviews but not many people were feeling, it could go down as underrated.

pz
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:17:53 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2008, 03:16:12 PM »
lol wow...thats alot of shit right there! Good shit but alot of shit nonetheless!
I pretty much made my point and its clear whether u agree with or not but the numbers u posted or the poll back up what I believe.

well,we met on the half way.
Neither was right  ;)
60% hate ainīt neither 75% or 50%  :P
So yes,more people hate it than love it.  :P

As for the XXL comment and underrated...
I hope you aint serious....
I know u aint never gon use XXL to speak of reviews whether they official or not.
XXL is probably the worst magazine when it comes to reviews, they just working there business...
I know u know this! :-*

Well itīs a "official" review.
Yes,thereīs rumors that Interscope (Geffen) is in there pockets.
No I donīt take their reviews serious,but either way itīs there. So  :P

But I hope youīre not implying that the "60%" is underating
the album just because you belong to the "40%" that loves it?
Thatīs a little biased ainīt it?  :P

well if you look at the post of which album is better between BCT and EGO, bct gets about 70% of the votes and if i was being biased i could also be pretty dumb and use that as some sort of example to help further my point but i won't because it would be stupid because it could be argued that those voted liked both albums but preferred BCT...so nope im not being biased.

Am i implying that the number of ppl who dislike the album are undderrating it on dubcc  because i like it?  Well i think its better than some people have made it out to be...but there are alot of posters opinions on here i respect or posts i read and dig so for me to say everyone in here underrates the album who doesnt like it would be unfair and a lie but that does not also change the fact that i think it will go down as underrated. Based on what? Well i already explained this but also it seems to have had some good/decent reviews but opinions on this album are very varied.

Yes XXL gave it a good review? But what was the purpose of posting it up? To say it got some love on official reviews? But what about the people who cop the albums and buy them, download and so on...normal listeners aswell...XXL gave so many albums XL's there review has no credibilty whether its good or bad. Shiiit those niggaz gave yayo XL's,lol....So i think you posting a XXL review was pretty pointless but you also posted alot of shit from previous dubcc topics and since that was what you was talking about, i think that shit was well put down.

Overall we probably did meet half way but if you STILL (lol) want to go bck n forth about something i said, pm me and we can keep goin until one of us gets bored or we finally have an understanding...though i think half way is good enough!

pz

Jome

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
1. Doggystyle
2. Tha Last Meal
3. Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
4. No Limit Top Dogg
5. Paid Tha Cost To Be The Bo$$
6. Ego Trippin'
7. Tha Doggfather
8. R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta) The Masterpiece
9. Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told

Might as well change 3 and 4 on a different day..
Is it a co-incidence that Dr.Dre is only on his 4 best albums.. ? Maybe, but probably not.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2008, 04:41:59 PM »
1. Doggystyle
2. Tha Last Meal
3. No Limit Top Dogg
4. Ego Trippin'
5. Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
6. R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta) The Masterpiece
7. Tha Doggfather
8. Paid Tha Cost To Be The Bo$$
9. Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told

Snoop is my favorite rapper but his discography is too inconsitent. He's just like 50. They both had gignatic debut albums that people always use as a standard of what their music should be like and they can't please that. They make their best shit with Dre executive producing but both are too stubborn to admit it and too impatient to accept Dre's whole perfection concept.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2008, 08:29:39 PM »
how come Doggfather doesn't get more love?

perfect album if you love Snoop and DPG 8)

Mygla

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 11:09:16 PM »
1. Doggystyle - Undisputed classic of course...
2. Tha Doggfather - Lot of classic tracks on this one... some average, but no real skippers imo.
3. Tha Last Meal - The best songs on Tha Last Meal are better then the best songs on Doggfather... but some skippers (I Can't Swim, Leave Me Alone etc) bumps it a place down.
4. No Limit Top Dogg - Re-established Snoop on the West... can't fuck with Just Dippin', Buck 'Em, Gangsta Ride+++

The rest is kinda hard to rate for me... Common for all of them is inconsistensy!

5. Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
6. Ego Trippin'
7. R & G
8. Paid Tha Cost To Be Tha Boss
9. Game Is To Be Sold

Johnny B

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 12:15:34 AM »

that's what I'm saying.

shit has replay value for sure.

HEC

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »

that's what I'm saying.

shit has replay value for sure.

Doggfather is one of those love it or hate it albums. I don't think there is any middle ground. Personally I love it but I have to admit when I first heard it in '96 I was dissapointed because I expected Doggystyle material. Over the years though it became a personal classic of mine, the mastering of the album isn't great and Snoop sounds uninspired on a few tracks but even with the faults this is Snoop's 2nd best IMO

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 07:27:25 AM »
I don't think there is any middle ground.
yes there is, as i like some tracks from the album  ;)