Author Topic: The West's opinion of/on the South?  (Read 2671 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
The West's opinion of/on the South?
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
A lot of you here are from the westcoast, I am not. (but,) We are all here because we have been influenced by the western culture (me specifically, being from Texas which is a South-Western region) in some sort or fashion. So I was wondering what the Westerners personally thought about the South: Does the South influence the West? or HAVE influenced the West at some point? Do westerners feel/like any southern shit old or new? If so is it generally Texas or Georgia? Same goes for if they hate southern music out now: Texas or Georgia? (haha, and) Finally, are westerners and southerners aware of how much in common their regions actually have?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: The West's opinion of/on the South?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 12:18:41 PM »
i hate south shit. music is fucking whack and ridiculous especially from huston too lol paul wall and chamillionare. i dont like south clothes n dances n all that shit shits fucking whack, khakis n cortez beat all that bull shit. the west influenced  south and all rap, backin the day every1 was havin the g-funk sound like ol school outkast n ghetto boys.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »
^ i seee.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
the West has influenced everybody.  Everybody took our gangsta shit, put thier little region twists to it, and try to call it thier own.

thats the same thing thats happin with the south now. South is the new rap.  other regions will capitilize by taking that sound, and putting thier twist to it.  thats what the Bay is doing right now...and finally thier getting attention.  others will start using this trend as well, because shit sells...even if it may be trash.

no problem with the South from me, but their are many artists that rep that part of the country that cant rap shit, and is all over MTV!  thats whats gay.

Scarface, UGK, Slim Thug, Chamillionaire, etc......all have great talent.   8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
i hate south shit. music is fucking whack and ridiculous

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 12:36:11 PM »
The only music I like from the South is the original stuff Scarface & Geto Boys
This new stuff is just B.S

I always found it strange that the 2 sounds are worlds apart
considering that it both comes from the same area.

I.B. BLVD

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 12:41:52 PM »
The only music I like from the South is the original stuff Scarface & Geto Boys
This new stuff is just B.S

I always found it strange that the 2 sounds are worlds apart
considering that it both comes from the same area.
for real fuck the NEW south shit, back when motherfuckers were broke and giving everything they had into music, is when they came out with sick shit, nowdays only thing on there mind is makin Cadillacs look fuckin' ugly with those 22" n shit. ::)

"Urban Life Near The Beach"

poke her

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
The south is like a poor mans west coast right now.  All that d boyz, pimping hoes stuff is basically the same style the west was doing 10-15 years ago and made famous.  There's some good music out there but overall it's not that great. 

Sparegeez

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »
Get rid of JD, Dem Franchize fags, and Young Joc and I'm fine wit the South.

I remember asking this one chinese kid in my 4rth block class last year what kind of music he listened to and he said gangsta rap. I asked him what artists he listened to in that genre and he said Dem Franchize Boys. I never talked to the kid again.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »

thats the same thing thats happin with the south now. South is the new rap.  other regions will capitilize by taking that sound, and putting thier twist to it.  thats what the Bay is doing right now...and finally thier getting attention.  others will start using this trend as well, because shit sells...even if it may be trash.

could you explain to me what the new bay has to do with the south? I think Messy Marv shit for example is far from south.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Jakubs

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
I think the west has influenced the south, and vice versa. When g-funk was popular every region figured out how to incorporate that into their music, especially the south. Artists like Scarface, the Geto Boys and UGK were all strongly influenced by g-funk. The Rap-A-Lot roster was full of g-funk type artists, including Twista and Do Or Die from Chicago. In the present day I feel the south has begun to influence the other regions. Hyphy is very similar to crunk, and Lil Jon producing for E-40 is a clear example of that.

As for the artists, I like a lot of old southern rap like Scarface, Geto Boys, UGK, Mystikal, Outkast, 5th Ward Boyz, etc. I'm not that big of a fan when it comes to the new generation of southern rap. I do like a few artists like Lil' Flip as well as the ones mentioned before. Some of the singles are okay, but a lot of it is just boring and not very creative. As for Texas or Georgia, I think Texas takes the cake because aside from Outkast (which isn't really doing anything right now) all I associate with Georgia is Dem Franchize Boys, and I cannot stand snap music.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 01:55:40 PM »
i live in kansas city but ever since i heard california love by pac in 95 i never let go that was the song that never left my memory EVER

but anyways as far as the south i like the OLD south lil wayne i used to like him with hot boys and TI he's better than a regular southen rapper and so is luda cris, YOUNG CHEEZY is just borin to me, but the south has bitten the shit out the west like crazy lately i mean they got lowriders and talkin botu cars and all this shit but i like the old stuff geto boys UGK screwed up click old cash money

AND I LOVE NO LIMIT RECORDS BUT EVEN THEY HAD A WEST COAST INFLUENCE THEY STARTED IN THE WEST

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 02:31:01 PM »
^^ yeah No Limit and excedra have always had a western influence, still do today. Likewise, the West still has its southern influence of inhabiting funk as a regional sound.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
I like alot of people from the South- Bun B, TI, Chamillionare, Outkast, etc, but there's also a bunch of horrible artists

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »
i still hold it down for the south

the classic shit like ugkz old stuff, original scarface, geto boys shit and outkast, esg, 3-2 ....lots more 2 name r all dope

im feelin all the new shit 2: yung sean, montana, bossiliiny, slim thug, paul wall, cham, swisha house, wreckshop etc

z-ro is damn near classic
traes got some hella raw music
some of that new spark dawg shit is tight
lil bossie got some good shit except he can get annoyin fast
lil flip still holds it down and hes better than t.i.
project pats new cd got some krzie shit ....purple with beanie sigel
pastor troy still holdin it down
three 6 still tight includin all the ex members
the new cruncy black aint that great but the 1st three tracks r the shit

u cant hate the south plus the south always gives props 2 the westcoast
ALWAYS
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D