Author Topic: The West's opinion of/on the South?  (Read 2674 times)

Samoan Enforcer

Re: The West's opinion of/on the South?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
i hear its pretty hot down there

SGV

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »
If you look almost every single person on here who says they dislike the South, they come with a very ignorant statement. Most, if not all, formulate their opinion of the South off of a hand full of artists...

i hate south shit. music is fucking whack and ridiculous especially from huston too lol paul wall and chamillionare. i dont like south clothes n dances n all that shit shits fucking whack, khakis n cortez beat all that bull shit. the west influenced  south and all rap, backin the day every1 was havin the g-funk sound like ol school outkast n ghetto boys.

Funny you say that with Daz and Kurupt in your sig. Enough said there...

no problem with the South from me, but their are many artists that rep that part of the country that cant rap shit, and is all over MTV!  thats whats gay.

Name names... [size=02pt](I'll take a guess: Mike Jones, D4L, Dem Franchise Boyz)[/size]

could you explain to me what the new bay has to do with the south? I think Messy Marv shit for example is far from south.

Are you fuckin' kidding me? Messy Marv makes a good amount of joints that scream Southern Influence.

As for Texas or Georgia, I think Texas takes the cake because aside from Outkast (which isn't really doing anything right now) all I associate with Georgia is Dem Franchize Boys, and I cannot stand snap music.

You've never heard of Goodie Mob? Pastor Troy? Da Backwudz? Bubba Sparxxx? T.I.? Young Jeezy? Seems like you haven't... Don't be ignorant... Please.

but the south has bitten the shit out the west like crazy lately i mean they got lowriders

The South, right now, isn't riding lowriders, as a majority. Maybe an artist here or there, but look at most of their videos, all their cars are sitting on big rims. Just makes me think you don't really pay attention. I think you got too much of MC Eiht's 1993 Gheri Curl juice running down your face. LMAO @ An MC Eiht fan calling Young Jeezy boring.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
lol@lowriders...we dont have that shit out here maaan

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 06:53:05 PM »
Feeling the south alot... Production has been crazy the past years, and a lot of dope albums.. i probably listened to more south shit last year than west / east shit. the music is mostly carried by the production, but the overall swagger of the south right now and the whole movement is dope, they sound like they're having fun and theres a lot of music coming out!

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 07:12:47 PM »
i like some artists from the south like bun b ugk, scarface, chamillionnaire, s.u.c, z-ro, trae. But i hate all the ones who are wack and talentless
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:50:45 PM by P.L.O. Style »

SGV

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 07:22:08 PM »
i hate some artists from the south like bun b ugk, scarface, chamillionnaire, s.u.c, z-ro, trae. But i hate all the ones who are wack and talentless

You hate Bun B? Scarface? Chamillionaire? Wtf? Z-Ro and Trae? Holy shit.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 07:34:19 PM »
slim thug. z-ro, lil flip and other s are pretty good artists

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
i hate some artists from the south like bun b ugk, scarface, chamillionnaire, s.u.c, z-ro, trae. But i hate all the ones who are wack and talentless

I think he meant to say "I LIKE some artists"

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 07:51:11 PM »

I think he meant to say "I LIKE some artists"

thx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 09:15:57 PM »
SGV I was thinking something similar when I read those comments. I chose not to comment on them personally because I made this thread with open arms, even though the south has had a huger impact/influence on the game than one would think. Im from Dallas, TX but ATL > TX. The dungeon family alone will f**k the game over.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
i cant stand that snap rap bullshit that they are making down there...i dont understand why people would support these talentless fucks like D4L, Ying Yang twins, etc...but i like lot of southern rappers like T.I, UGK, Cham, 3 6, and some others..

XaNdEr

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 12:52:51 AM »
The only music I like from the South is the original stuff Scarface & Geto Boys
This new stuff is just B.S

I always found it strange that the 2 sounds are worlds apart
considering that it both comes from the same area.
for real fuck the NEW south shit, back when motherfuckers were broke and giving everything they had into music, is when they came out with sick shit, nowdays only thing on there mind is makin Cadillacs look fuckin' ugly with those 22" n shit. ::)

isnt that what all hiphop seems to go through? ???

ABN

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 06:01:54 AM »
T.I.,Ludacris,Z-Ro,Trae,Killer Mike,Bun B,Chamillionaire,Big Boi,Andre 3000,Trick Daddy,Devin the Dude,Ganksta Nip,the Geto Boys etc etc have all produced a gang of dope shit over the years so that whole shit about the south ruining hip hop is hilarious.

SGV

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 06:37:27 AM »
You know what makes me laugh is the fact that most of these cats hollerin' all this "the South is that bullshit" or "I don't like so and so cuz all that Snappin is wack, but I fucks with this dude just cuz" if you go through their post history, you'll see them cry when East Coast cats said the same thing about the West. "Oh the West? Them dudes is wack." "Gangsta Rap? That's wack shit. Dudes like MC Ehit are wack, but I fuck with Souls of Mischief." This aint anything different. Fuckin hypocrites.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »
You know what makes me laugh is the fact that most of these cats hollerin' all this "the South is that bullshit" or "I don't like so and so cuz all that Snappin is wack, but I fucks with this dude just cuz" if you go through their post history, you'll see them cry when East Coast cats said the same thing about the West. "Oh the West? Them dudes is wack." "Gangsta Rap? That's wack shit. Dudes like MC Ehit are wack, but I fuck with Souls of Mischief." This aint anything different. Fuckin hypocrites.

Whats wrong with saying the South is wack on a westcoast hiphop forum? Do you actually think people in here would say, ''yea the south got that dope music''. Its just a matter of different taste. So for me the south is wack cuz its not my kind of music. And i like the West better cuz they got my kind of music.