Author Topic: The West's opinion of/on the South?  (Read 2676 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: The West's opinion of/on the South?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 08:29:01 AM »
LMFAO @ the cats that said that the south stole itīs sound from the west. that shit is officially the most retarded shit iīve ever seen. know why? coz all of that music that Dre,Quik,Cat,Warren etc sampled was from the south. so those southern rappers actually stole from the south lol.

Yeah that's basically the same thing I said in my post....rap itself came from the soulful sound of the South and the Midwest, with only a few major cats hailing from the East or West Coast.

ABN

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 08:52:48 AM »
LMFAO @ the cats that said that the south stole itīs sound from the west. that shit is officially the most retarded shit iīve ever seen. know why? coz all of that music that Dre,Quik,Cat,Warren etc sampled was from the south. so those southern rappers actually stole from the south lol.

Yeah that's basically the same thing I said in my post....rap itself came from the soulful sound of the South and the Midwest, with only a few major cats hailing from the East or West Coast.
yep, thatīs another reason why itīs hilarious to hear them NY hoes talking about how their doin real hip hop and the south is ruining hip hop. but them fuck boys be the ones rapping over beats with James Brown breaks and cuts, but their prolly to fucking stupid to realize that if it wasnīt for the south they wouldnīt even be rapping. the south is responsible for all black music in America so nobody can say that the south has stolen anything from anyone.

SGV

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »

your an idiot. lol what kind of fucking nerd are you? judgin my opinion from my sig goddamn ur a dumbfuck. i ddont like artists for their new shit they comin out wit or  if they changd they style for 1 album. dumbfuck

I'm an idiot and a dumbfuck? Check your spelling...

So, you're saying you don't like Daz and Kurupt for their new shit? You only like them for their 12 year old material?

your a fucking idiot. obviously people have different opinions because people like different shit. dumbfuck is not being hyprocrites its what their ear likes. ur a goddamn idiot.

Again... Check the spelling kiddo.

So, I'll break it down for you. I laugh because people like you cry that "Oh the East Coast was haters!!!!" and yet, you turn around and do the same thing to the South. THAT'S being a hypocrite "dumbfuck."

The 18th Letter

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:13 AM »
Im fine with the mostly that come's from the south like Bun B, 3 6, UGK, Pimp-C and so on like them they are fine but d4l, mike jones, dem franchize shits and thoose can go jump off a cliff..

SGV

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:26 AM »
This is a good topic..

I'm actually a Southern Cali native but now a resident of Houston..

Both coasts have major talent. When they put effort into their music, they can make some classics.

The difference between both coasts is the pressure put on them. See.. NY is known for having the better lyricists so if you come from there you gotta have lyrical skills.. The West Coast is known for their hardcore/playa/pimp style so you gotta have some street credibility to be successful there.. The south doesn't have the pressure of either. So they can do whatever. They basically use everyone's style and then create their own when they skew it..

Who's style does the South use? LOL. People here keep saying the South steals this, they use that, etc. etc.  But have nothing to back it up.

When was the last time you heard a Brooklyn cat on some "It's Going Down" shit? When was the last time you heard a dude from East L.A. talk about "Get Buck" ?? I mean get real... Shit doesn't happen. Down South beats are their own, their lyrics are their own... They're slang is their own.

LMAO @ The South steals shit... Yet the West doesn't get hit for taking Crunk and turning it into Hyphy.

ABN

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2007, 09:51:41 AM »
Im fine with the mostly that come's from the south like Bun B, 3 6, UGK, Pimp-C and so on like them they are fine but d4l, mike jones, dem franchize shits and thoose can go jump off a cliff..
the thing is that the east coast and west coast got just as many artists that are just as weak as D4L and i donīt hear people bitching about them.

SGV

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 10:06:40 AM »

the thing is that the east coast and west coast got just as many artists that are just as weak as D4L and i donīt hear people bitching about them.

Thank you.

The 18th Letter

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:17 AM »
the thing is that the east coast and west coast got just as many artists that are just as weak as D4L and i don´t hear people bitching about them.
Yeah I'm feeling you.. I'm almost only banging music from the south nowdays.. But i don't really hating on anyone, every cat is doing their own thang so and appearantly It's selling good so...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:15:35 AM by Can You Do The Thizzelle Dance? »

ABN

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 11:09:48 AM »
Yeah I'm feeling you.. I'm almost only banging music from the south nowdays.. But i don't really hating on anyone, every cat is doing their own thang so and appearantly It's selling good so.....
that statement wasnīt really aimed at you, i meant it more in general. coz itīs like everytime someone says something good about the south someone else gotta say "yeah but Mike Jones,Franchise,Scrappy,Lil Jon are ruining hip hop so the southīs wack". that would be like sayin the entire east coast is wack coz of artists like Yayo+every single mixtape rapper etc. so does having wack artists take away from the fact that thereīs great artists in every region aswell? thatīs the double standard that it usually comes down to when dealing with the whole issue about the south ruining hip hop. and thatīs what bothers me when these wack New York mixtape rappers gotta bring it up, coz that would be like sayin that people shouldnīt give the east coast greats like Rakim and Kool G Rap their props coz of wack ass mixtape homos like themselves.

The 18th Letter

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »
Yeah I'm feeling you.. I'm almost only banging music from the south nowdays.. But i don't really hating on anyone, every cat is doing their own thang so and appearantly It's selling good so.....
that statement wasnīt really aimed at you, i meant it more in general. coz itīs like everytime someone says something good about the south someone else gotta say "yeah but Mike Jones,Franchise,Scrappy,Lil Jon are ruining hip hop so the southīs wack". that would be like sayin the entire east coast is wack coz of artists like Yayo+every single mixtape rapper etc. so does having wack artists take away from the fact that thereīs great artists in every region aswell? thatīs the double standard that it usually comes down to when dealing with the whole issue about the south ruining hip hop. and thatīs what bothers me when these wack New York mixtape rappers gotta bring it up, coz that would be like sayin that people shouldnīt give the east coast greats like Rakim and Kool G Rap their props coz of wack ass mixtape homos like themselves.
Yeah i understood that it wasn't aimed at me but im feeling you what you are saying.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 12:03:05 PM »
My 2 cents:

The only problem I have with the South is that they dominated hip-hop with some wack music. Every time I turn on the radio or TV, I see some wack ass songs. Yes they have a lot of talented arts, but so does every coast. But the ones I constantly hear aren't the talented ones, but the wack ass shit like D4L and DFB (yes SGV, I said it). So people are naturally going to resent that. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say West, East and South all have a lot of talent. Most people in this thread already mentioned a lot of my favorite artists (No one menetioned P$C though. And Cham is killing anyone in hip-hop these days). I'd rather listen to Cham, Lil Flip, or T.I., rather then these washed up rappers in the West that fail to realize no one cares about them anymore. R-Tistic sumed it up pretty nicely. The South just knows how to run hip-hop. They stay on there grind, the locals support it, and because of that they get all the spins. Personally, I genreally like West Coast rap and East Coast rap better then Southern rap. So suck a dick if you don't like it. And don't give me this BS that black music came from the South therefore everyone is copying the South. In hip-hop everyone's borrowing/copying/stealing anyones material they can. One thing I'll give to the South is that they are just more creative then any other coast.

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 12:21:02 PM »
SGV you're speaking the truth! Word!
U dudes need 2 recognize that the south do a lot of different shit. For the clubs they got Snap,Crunk&Bounce. For the streets they got Gangster rap&Horrorcore. So take your pick,if u don't like x don't listen2 it,it's that simple. I ain't a big fan of Hyphy but I ain't gonna clown a whole region for that,I simply choose 2listen 2 whatever I like.
Like SGV said in a previous post,crunk ain't that far from Hyphy

I can only imagine if an East Coast cat came on here & said: "Man all that DoggPound& E-40 shit is wack! I can't believe the West got big off shit like that"
All u guys would come in here screaming blasphemy. Its the same thing. Singling out just a pocket full of artists does not make a region wak.
Theres Scarface&theres D4L

THE TRUTH!
Turn OFF the radio!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:08:35 PM by tusken RAIDEr »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 01:30:33 PM »

your an idiot. lol what kind of fucking nerd are you? judgin my opinion from my sig goddamn ur a dumbfuck. i ddont like artists for their new shit they comin out wit or  if they changd they style for 1 album. dumbfuck

I'm an idiot and a dumbfuck? Check your spelling...

So, you're saying you don't like Daz and Kurupt for their new shit? You only like them for their 12 year old material?

your a fucking idiot. obviously people have different opinions because people like different shit. dumbfuck is not being hyprocrites its what their ear likes. ur a goddamn idiot.

Again... Check the spelling kiddo.

So, I'll break it down for you. I laugh because people like you cry that "Oh the East Coast was haters!!!!" and yet, you turn around and do the same thing to the South. THAT'S being a hypocrite "dumbfuck."

lol shut the fuck up. and why would i give a fuck if people hate on the westcoast fucking pointless me givin a fuck. thats why you are a dumbass, sayin bull shit like that and sayin i should check the spelling. lol u juz wanna get teh last diss n it seems like thats wut u care about. lol in the first thign u quoted me bout did i say kurupt n daz? i was juz sayin in general u dumb piece of shit.

ur a fucking idiot i lay down my opinion bout the south and lol you say all this bull shit and assume i give a fuck wut other people think bout the westcoast. if u like the south shit go head listen to that bull shit and u change the subject n try to diss tryna put words in my mouth.

i dont give a fuck wut u like but it amazes me that there are people like you in the world.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:38:44 PM by LooN3y »

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

SGV

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »
I can only imagine if an East Coast cat came on here and said: "Man all that Dogg Pound, E-40, Spice 1 shit is wack! I can't believe the West got big off shit like that."

All you guys would come in here screaming blasphemy. Its the same thing. Singling out just a pocket full of artists does not make a region wack.

Theres Luda and theres D4L. Theres T.I. and theres DFB. Theres Chamilionaire and theres Mike Jones. So the "quality" cancels the "garbage" out. Why stick on the bad and just say "some of the shit from the South is not my taste, but I fuck with _____."

But coming in strictly hating is just ignorant cuz we all know if it was the other way around you guys would have a hissy fit.

SGV

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 01:51:17 PM »
LooN3y: You made a generalizing statement so I made one. Don't be mad. You look like you're a little upset now. Answer the question, do you not like Daz and Kurupt now? That answer will tell me a lot about your tastes and your thoughts.